I find it funny when people complain about...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Negronicus, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Negronicus

Negronicus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always find it funny when people complain about the lack of quality and lack of complexity of modern transformers.....while the titans return line isnt perfect, i feel like its existence is an answer to these complaints. Wolfwire and Mindwipe are phenomenal figures.....to name a few

2. Matt TooFast4U

Matt TooFast4U Needs a life

I honestly think the biggest issue with modern figures is low amounts of paint applications.

• Like Like x 4
  3. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Sculpting, articulation, and transformation are pretty much the best they've ever been (Besides the ROTF/HTFD era),it's just that the paint applications are kind of iffy. Not to be one of those "Takaraz way better u guys!!!!11" but since they have to appeal to a more scrutinizing market, they almost always put more paint applications (RID Strongarm compared to the Takara version, notably)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I personally am having a lot more fun and enjoy a lot of the figures Hasbro has been putting out since Dark of the Moon. I mean yeah I guess I can say I did enjoy ROTF & HFTD (when I really started collecting) but still DOTM and onward is really where the heart of my collecting lies just didn't like the overly complicated stuff they put out prior.

5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Well, plastic quality and paint apps have suffered universally since the move to Vietnam, and rampant QC issues are higher now than I've ever seen them. I don't think peoples' complaints are unfounded.

6. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I love that the toys are not as complex as they were not long ago. I still remember how nightmarish the transformations were for CHUG Sunstreaker and Prowl, and the kings of nightmares ROTF Leader Prime and Jetfire. Prime took me 90 minutes once? No fun at all. It's nice to transform a toy in 2 or 3 minutes as opposed to that craziness.

There's always Masterpiece for a more intricate transformation itch.

7. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let us not forget about distribution of said figures.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Distribution is the scourge of the Earth.

Distribution is what is pushing me away from collecting Transformers.

Edit: Also because of distribution I will never own a CW Sky Lynx.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zethrofax

Zethrofax G1 Traitor

I love the design and engineering of modern transformers, but I am irritated about the hollow spaces and gaps. I wouldnt mind paying a dollar more to get panels to cover the holes left where hands flip out at the very least.

10. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Well-Known Member

Quality, paint applications, likely sturdiness of the plastic, complexity of the transformation, and I dare say even the articulation, were far better during the RotF-HftD era.

But I will say that the current figures are more fun to fiddle with.

11. GohanX

GohanX Well-Known Member

This is exactly why I don't hunt down Masterpieces anymore. So much of a pain to transform! I'll take my CW Thundercracker over my MP seekers any day.

12. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I guess people were so used to the complexity of figures like ROTF Leader Prime and Universe Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen, and while I admit those figures often resulted in fantastic looking modes, I recall being frustrated so many times during my youth at not being able to transform a Transformer. Deluxes, I could just about manage, but Voyager and upwards were a nightmare. I vastly prefer the simpler, modern transformations. My only real gripe is the black of paint, but then again, I've come to enjoy custom-painting my Transformers. I understand not everyone enjoys that as much as me, but it's all part of the fun of collecting for me.

13. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lots of figs really need more paint apps.

14. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

Figures today I feel cost too much for what they offer...for example 15 dollars for RID2015 jazz vs 11 for animated jazz......figures today have less paint,generally smaller, simpler to transform (I like harder transformations but I don't have a problem with simpler ones) , qc issues, hollowness,etc....and all for more than what we got a few years ago....that's why ppl including me complain

15. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maxresdefault.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, my 12 year old son shunned larger Transformers due to their complexity during the RotF era. But Titans Return is meeting him where he's at...small bots paired with less complicated larger bots. All he wanted for his birthday was Titans Return. Period. Christmas is shaping up to be a similar affair, although he recently discovered Real Gear figures.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I find it funny that people lose sleep over the opinions others have about toys...

DotDotDot

• Like Like x 2
  18. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

While I can see some of the complaints, such as paint apps, I'm still having a blast with a lot of the newer figures. I have Classics and CW Prowl and while the CW version is way simpler due to the Combiner gimmick, he's also a ton more fun to play with! Also, for me personally, I'm not afraid to grab some model paint and a brush to fix some of the paint issues.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

Too much complexity is really a bad thing. Remember ROTF Leader Optimus Prime? I spent almost 3 hours trying to transform him the first time around, and it still takes me almost half an hour to transform him now.

My real main complaint now is the shift to toy-accuracy for Hasbro figures when the show is usually more influential and most people prefer show-accuracy anyway. Did they learn nothing from people hating MP Soundwave's yellow visor when they made TR Soundwave?

20. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Funny, you're already paying $5 more and not getting that...

I think that's the problem with these figures; you're paying 50% more, but getting 50% less.