I Feel Special

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Primevil, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    My Dark Fang Wolf arrived today. I'm sure we all get excited when we finally find that action figure we've been waiting so very long for. But when I opened Dark Fang Wolf, I felt this sense of accomplishment, that surely came from acquiring something that not every collector can own (I believe Dark Fang Wolf was limited to a specific number?).

It's also happened to me when I got Micron Shockwave, TFC06 Megatron, and (to a similar extent) Energon Beachcomber.

Does anyone else get that sense of satisfaction when you finally get your hands on that rare/limited/exclusive/Lucky Draw figure?

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's not really that rare and BBTS had them on clearance the other day, but Congrats! :thumb 
    Edit: yeah BBTS still has some for $18.99

3. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Well, I kinda figured out that he wasn't very rare when BBTS put him on sale, but he still has that "Takara exclusive, limited to X pieces" status.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Yep. When I found an Alt. Meister, out of nowhere, at a TRU, long after he was thought to be a goner.

I think I was looking for either a Cybertron Red Alert or Override at the time.

5. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I had that feeling today when I got my Pepsi Convoy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Defiantly know that feeling.

Awesome pickup btw, he looks like an awesome repaint, he may not be that rare but I know what you mean about getting stuff with the thought that its somehow limited. Would love to get one of those myself, would go with BBTS sale but shipping from them is an arm and a leg :( 

• Like Like x 1
  7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

I felt like that with my G1 Reflector (i'm a Photographer) When i finally laid my hands on him, i knew that he was going right up the ranks to the king of my collection.

Also knowing that i have a diaclone MIB wheeljack, G1 MIB wheeljack, one of only 3 or 4 reported variations of wheeljacks wheel pins, and a Marlboor Wheeljack in my collection makes me feel very warm indeed

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I know that feeling. I think I get it more from the rare old Japanese figures than the exclusives though, but I love getting both. Happened with my Botcon Chromia this afternoon. :) 

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Congrats! Dark Fangwolf is a nice looking figure. I totally missed out and I am not ready to pay the expensive international shipping BBTS quotes :( 

I normally don't go for exclusives and such, but felt lucky when I secured 2 Dark Ligerjacks (one from a firend and the other from TRU jp). I wanted him for Master Galvatron I preordered.
    But none of them arrived at my door for a loooong time, and I was going crazy.
    So when I got them at last...that was a great feeling. They weren't that hot by then, but I ordered them because I wanted them, not because they were rare so that didn't bother me much.

I also got Police Gasket as a surprise, but there was no feeling high, I was just stunned :lol 

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Congrats man! Dark Fangwolf looks like a cool fig and don't own him (yet hopefully)

I feel like Im going to explode when I get ahold of a rarity.
    There's no one here to really show it off too, the gf just sighs, so thank god for you guys. (for putting up with all my happy pics)

*edit- Dark FangWolf is $18.99 at BBTS ,on clearance

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

He's actually a very nice figure. I have both the Dark Versions from GF, they both made me very happy.

12. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Congratulations! I have saw one in person and he looks good...very good, Fangwolf is cool enough and that bad ass paint job makes him look awsome.

The only exclusive I have is a Botcon 05 Ramjet that SydneyY sent me :)  (thank's again syd) I was also happy when I got Energon Beachcomber as he is hard to get in oz.

13. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's one I'm contemplating picking up.

14. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was VERY happy when I picked up Beast Wars Metals Ravage when it was first released. And even MORE happy when I soon after found that it became a HIGHLY sought after fig as well.

I also had that feeling when my Predaking FINALLY arrived after a month of torment and waiting (recieved from an Ebay auction, and the post office screwed up and sent the thing to Texas, not Wash.)

-Shifty

15. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I get that feeling very rarely, mostly because I'm easy to please in terms of TFs. :p 

The last time I got that feeling, though, was when I got a MIB Superlink Dinobot Magma-type. Beautiful color scheme, and luckily, I didn't have to debate whether to take him out of the bubble or not (he was bought MIB, not MISB, mind you). Also got him for the price of a normal Energon basic. :D 

16. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whenever I find a new alternator I get that feeling. Especially in the rare times I find two new ones (only happened thrice so far, Hound/Dead End, Swindle/Windcharger and Skids/Sunstreaker).