I can see an end to my masterpiece collection... it feels liberating.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by pezley, May 1, 2017.

1. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

As collectors, are we ever truly done?

2. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Define the term collector. We are all collectors but we are not of the same breed :D 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't deal with that right now... Oh wait, yeah I can! I'm very far from completing my G1 crew:

G1 Seasons 1 and 2:

Autobot I still need:

- Sunstreaker (Sunsurge is great, but I am hoping for a better one)
    - Trailbreaker
    - Jazz
    - Mirage (Soon to be checked off with Sphinx)
    - Hound (maybe Sundog or Willis, but the Jeeps are kind of huge compared to the cars)
    - Cliffjumper
    - Brawn
    - Huffer
    - Gears
    - Windcharger
    - Grimlock
    - Swoop
    - Slag
    - Sludge
    - Snarl

Deceptions I still need:

- Shockwave (soon to be checked off with Shockblast)
    - Thrust
    - Dirge
    - Ramjet
    - Starscream (pre-ordered MP-11)
    - Bombshell
    - Kickback
    - Shrapnel
    - Blitzwing
    - Astrotrain

1986 Movie Autobots:

- Kup
    - Blurr
    - Springer
    - Wheelie
    - Perceptor
    - Blaster
    - Ultra Magnus
    - Wreck Gar

1986 Movie Decepticons:

- Galvatron
    - Cyclonus
    - Scourge

Yeah...that's a lot. :/

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  4. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...if we get official masterpiece renditions of all the '84-'86 toys, plus the non-headmasters from '87, i'll be pretty satisfied...

5. lcpl101

lcpl101 Member

Ebay:
    Everyone here is self-delusional.
    When Fans Toys releases combine-capable MP Predacons; everyone is screwed all over again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Not me. Already there:

FB_IMG_1493670431994.jpg

Dirge and Blitzwing are already paid for. Got all main Decepticon movie cast so just waiting for Mindwipe and Skullcruncher for non combiners and Bruticus and Menasor whenever we see decent g1 versions. S3 holds no interest outside of the Predacons.

Close.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My G1 MP collection ends with Season 3. No interest in Headmasters or Targetmasters or any of that other stuff. Of course I then have Beast Was stuff and the Voyager IDW stuff, and I'll probably pick up any Optimus and Megatrons in a decent MPish size and quality. Doubt the collecting will ever truly end for me.

8. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

yea I don't see my collection ever stopping but I'm looking forward to a point where it will slow down. The past two years or so has been constant releases, once I have my movie cast I can at least then pick and choose selectively what I like etc with out feeling the burden of keeping up. I think that's what I'm looking forward to the most.

9. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seasons 1+Movie. That's it. That's all I need. An I don't really care about the combiners with the exception of Devastator.

Now, my problem is that I'm too picky about what I buy to have been impressed by any of the 3rd party cars or minibots... So that's still a fair few moulds I'm waiting for from Takara.

As for season 2? Yeah, I'll take a few... But I'm far less bothered about being a completist for that season. I'll just get the ones that look cool (hence I can want Omega Supreme or Grapple but I'm not that bothered about Red Alert or Powerglide).

I already got my G1 collection to the level I wanted without still pining for any missing characters so I've been here before. Will I let go completely or just dive into collecting something else? Who knows. It'll be fun finding out though...

10. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    MP Cliff, Skids and a good Cyclonus and I'm "out."

Which just means I'll have a clearer conscience buying other stuff when it arises. Like Contact Shot, who isn't anybody I would have figured was a Character I was ever going to need but Maketoys do him and Bam!!

Screwed all over again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. engrpedro

engrpedro Well-Known Member

When I get a TB, Cliff and Huffer, I can quit anytime.

But knowing me, I will keep going as long as funds are available and quality G1 MPs keep coming.

12. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Characters still needed to complete my MP S1-3 setups:

Skyfire (FT Phoenix)
    Slag (PF Caesium)
    Cliffjumper (XTB Toro)
    Blitzwing (FT Berserk)
    Menasor (???)
    King Nergil (???)
    Hoist (XTB Paean)
    Seaspray (XTB Neptune)
    Carly (Dr. Wu Lover)
    Alpha Trion (???)
    Elita 1 (???)
    Devcon (???)
    Arcee (TW Leia/FT Rouge)
    Springer (MMC Saltus/FT Apache)
    Kup (XTB Locke)
    Trypticon (TT)
    Skylynx (???)
    Runamuck & Runabout (???)

Characters that I already have but could be upgraded one day:

Powerglide
    Devastator (TW/FT)
    Bruticus
    Optimus Prime (TT V3)
    Astrotrain
    Omega Supreme (FT Terminus Giganticus)

200_s.gif

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  13. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    I'm nearly finished too.

Movie cast and main headmasters cast are my primary goals left, then some of the Victory and Masterforce characters.

I've already got most of my Arrival from Cybertron cast (need Cliffjumper) and for the movie it's;

Arcee
    Kup
    Springer
    More Junkions
    Sharkticons

I'd also consider Astrotrain and a few others that were in the movie shortly, and a better Magnus and Hot Rod than what I have now.

Other random bots may get picked up...like Omega supreme and Skyfire, and possibly Aerialbots.

14. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

True. I often use the term "collector" as someone who wants them all. The collection. Get everything from the line.
    I use the term "enthusiast" for someone who wants a few things. Just get a couple of their favorites. Cherry-pickers of the line.

A collection can be completed. An enthusiast will pick up anything. That's me. I'm an enthusiast. So no real goal or end.

15. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I'm a collector...of all things I'm interested in and able to collect. Be it toys, cars, gadgets, whatever. i will always collect because that's what I do. Being a completionist has nothing to do with my collecting and I rarely ever do so because that would mean I'd have to collect certain things I don't give a crap about just because it's related in some way.

I've yet to see a FT product I want. Wouldn't mind a nice MP Predaking though.

16. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess I'm somewhere between. Mostly an enthusiast but I want a reasonably good representation of all the characters I have fond memories of along with any that may not have been as prominent but are just cool looking.

For example, I got Grimlock because he was a character I always liked, especially in the comic. I didn't bother with the rest of the dinobots because they were basically just background characters who hung around Grimlock. And let's face it: they're $200 a pop and that is just insane (though I probably wouldn't feel compelled to complete the set even if they were only $100). I have fond memories of prowl, jazz, hound, Sideswipe, and bumblebee so I got them but I also got bluestreak even though I couldn't remember him appearing in the cartoon at all until I rewatched it (and I don't remember him from the comic) because he's just damn cool looking. I got the ko os warbo because he's a damn good figure and the price was perfect even though I don't really have many memories of him from back in the day.

On the other hand, the more I get the characters I remember fondly, the more the gaps in my collection stand out. I wasn't planning on any of the movie Decepticons but after I got hot rod, I started to want a Galvatron for him to hang out with and, if I get him, then I'll want Rodimus and scourge (sorry, I never liked cyclonus). Mirage, Brawn and Huffer were characters I never cared for but as I've gotten more of the ark crew, they've started to look more tempting.

So yeah, I'm somewhere between.

17. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

For my CHUGs, I need the rest of the DJD and the wreckers... and some more lost light figures and I'm calling it quits for that collection.

I think I'm close to done for my MP collection, it's just going to take a while for later release dates. Luckily, I don't need combiners. I was all in for FT Omega Supreme until my wife was pregnant and now need to get a mini-van along with purchasing a house.

18. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Just need TFM Menasor and the FT Toys and I'm done with my MP collection (skyfire, kup, and seaspray all from FT)

19. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

W
    Is that purple seeker on the left a custom? (Hotlink?)

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    It is. So is Acidestorm, Sunstorm and Bitstream (that you can just see behind Megs in blue holding the sky blue nullray)