I can already tell that Scorn is going to die instantly.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by CapnScumbone, May 28, 2014.

1. CapnScumbone

CapnScumbone Ruiner of mirth

While the toy is awesome and he looks completely badass, I figure that his partial redundancy (similar dino mode to Grimlock) and incredibly bland headsculpt bode very ill for the character. The bio on the back of his package is completely pointless as well. I think he'll have about ten seconds of screentime, and then be graphically shot apart in a predictable display of the Worf Effect. I doubt he'll even get a chance to transform.
    Overall, I doubt that any of the Dinobots will even have 10% of the pathetic character depth given to the Autobots. Of course I'm gonna see the movie, but I think the Dinos are just there to roar and break things and occasionally die to prove that the new badass is badass.
    We'll also probably be treated to an army of nameless, fragile Decepticons that either don't transform, or are exact copies of one another. Why? Because we need to see slow-motion, graphically cluttered frames crammed with Dinobots smashing nameless cannon fodder, and the only named villains are Lockdown and Yet Again Megatron.
    Also, why does Swoop have 2 goddamned heads? 1/10 odds that this is even mentioned.

I have to admit it...these movies are so utterly predictable that I'm actually ranting a month before they come out.

2. ArmadaSentinel

ArmadaSentinel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was stated that all dinobots would transform in the movie, Swoop does not have two heads; Strafe does - but yes I doubt that will be explained, and Megatron is not in it as far as we know, only Galvatron, as well as Stinger.

For the rest of it I imagine you'll be pretty spot on, unfortunately. The dinobots will all be exactly the same character, and the Vehicons will be slaughtered in droves.

3. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    If any of the Dinobots are going to be hi-and-die cameos, it'll be Snarl and Slog, since they have almost no merchandise other than their Generations figures.

4. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well, good for ya bud.

5. sawwheeler

sawwheeler Gundam Meister

People really need to stop being so concerned about the Dinobots. Just wait until the movie comes out.

6. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

I agree with this. Sad though, I really love Sludge (Slog).

7. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 !sdrawkcab si egassem sihT

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    if he dose, it would only to be to appease the Tyrannosaur fans. ;) 

8. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    We still demand tribute for what happened in Jurassic Park 3! :ev: 

9. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 !sdrawkcab si egassem sihT

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Tumblr:
    meh, Tyrannosaurus is overrated and Spinosaurus is just a big fisheater.

Allosaurus is the way to go!

10. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax RIP TCracker, Til All Are One.

News Credits:
    Not sure if you know this, but all the Dinobots have "bland" headsculpts to fit the knight theme.

And, every single toy in the AoE line has a pointless bio. They've been dumbed down and the tech specs removed.

Unless you're predicting that the Dinobots will actually do some damage and wreck havoc, nothing else you've really said is predictable.

11. CapnScumbone

Giganotosaurus was probably more dangerous than either. Tyrannosaurs were way too specialized, and simply stayed at the fringe of a megaherd, picking off the weakest and sickest.

12. CapnScumbone

It's a Pteranadon Dinobot. It's Swoop. Strafe is a Technobot, turns into a weird jet. Then again...in #1 Devastator was a tank, and then later on he was a pile of dumptrucks.

The makers of these movies have about as much respect for the source material as Sinatra had for the gay struggle. I likewise don't respect their naming scheme. They can't even decide if Dino is Mirage or if Que was Wheeljack, IT'S THAT SLOPPY.

So, ignoring the naming conventions that they throw out the window at random times anyway, WHY BIRD MONSTER HAS TWO HEAD?!?!

13. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

NONE of the Dinobots are scientifically accurate. That's just the style they went for. Hell, have you seen how people can't agree what type of dino Grimlock is?

14. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree chances of the Dinobots surviving are slim - especially for new characters that don't match the 5 original Dinobots. Honestly I'm guessing they are only in the film to be killed off and I hardly expect to see any of them survive the film.

15. NebulusPrime

NebulusPrime The Fourteenth

Allosaurus is stupid and weak. It is half the size of a Tyrannosaurus and a T-Rex is a lot stronger. A Tyrannosaurus is so well known and widely excepted for a reason. Yes a Spinosaurus is a "big fisheater" but it was three times the size of an Allosaurus and a lot stronger too. Who cares if an Allosaurus is faster both the Tyrannosaurus and the Spinosaurus would wait till it tired out and then kill it.

16. Taichi

Taichi Sideswipe fan...

Oh I highly doubt they'll kill Grim. He's getting almost as much branding in the advertising as Prime and Bee. I don't see them getting rid of a popular character as him. Maybe later, but not now.

However the others? It's a tossup at this point. However if they do kill any of them it might be cool if that unlocks Grim's bot mode. Kinda like his rage mode in FoC. Seeing his team dying he goes berserk and obliterates everything in his path.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    In G1.

But this is not G1.

It's fucking Dino/Mirage all over again. "Why does this character who shares only the most superficial of similarities to an older character, but is otherwise completely unique, not explicitly harken back to that unrelated old character?"

Maybe because they're not the same character? I mean, it's obvious Strafe is Terrorsaur, but they fucked him up by giving him two heads and being a Dinobot.

Unless the Allosaurus just ran away and the T-rex couldn't keep up.

18. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax RIP TCracker, Til All Are One.

News Credits:
    The movies aren't G1. Bits and pieces are pulled from the "source material" but the naming conventions/designs aren't going to be the same.

19. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True... but where would they fit him in - in future films? I cant see the Dinobots fitting the style of any of the other films - they already seem shoehorned into this film...

Get the feeling Scorn, Strafe, Slash, Slog and Slug are pretty much destined to die. Each of them has no screen time in the trailers so far and while they may appear in a future trailer it seems that they are not the focus as much as Grimlock and Strafe.

Strafe and Grimlock are only ones we've seen so they may survive to flee into the stars... but I cant see them returning.

20. payton22molen

payton22molen Well-Known Member

This. Just like Hound is Bulkhead. Except he's Hound.