I Am Legend

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by onesock, Dec 15, 2007.

1. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I really liked the movie. Ending was not great though. That entire "Legacy Legend"
    thing did not work for me. CGI was pretty bland. I would have preffered traditional effects for the close ups and when there are hundreds of the things then get the com guys to work. Will was great. The shepard was too. Teared up abit when that scene came

2. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Spoilers Ahoi!

That poor dog! I hate it when animals die in films. It's my pet peeve (pun?).

Anyway, I thought this movie was alright. Omega Man was better. Essentially, if you haven't seen any of the orevious movies, this was great. If you did, it was just a new take on it.

Will Smith was fantastic. He really exhibited that lonely, desperate hero.

The zombies blew ass. I prefer real people. The "jumping scenes" pissed me off. Why can't a movie just scare you with the idea that "Hey, this shit could happen" and throw in some intense fighting/ run away scene's. I hate movies that have the one monster in the closet, who waits for the guy to go by and then jump his ass.

3. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Saw it last night with most of my wife, sisters, my brother, and a couple nieces. We all enjoyed it pretty well. Kinda slow in a few spots, but still very entertaining.

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    The movie was pretty good up until the last 15-20 minutes. Then I wanted to hit myself over the head with a Louisville Slugger.

And the vampire/zombies liked to scream a lot. It looked like the special effects guys saw The Mummy one to many times and thought the way it opened its mouth really wide and yell was really cool.

5. HellsJester

HellsJester Active Member

Am I the only person that noticed Serleena's Spaceship from MIB2 on the island in the kitchen? It was sitting on the right side of the island.

6. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I saw it today. I got a bit teary-eyed at some parts, and it was a pretty good movie. I didn't like the "dark seekers" though. They were so bland and boring looking.

7. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

Basically all it has in common with the book is the title and the his [Neville's] name.

Not that the title of the film makes any sense now as he was supposed to be the monster. :( 

You know kinda like making a movie from the Grendal's perspective...

8. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I think on the dvd release we may get a alternate ending.
    0_0 In the 2nd trailer there is a shot at the end with Robert surrounded by Dark Stalkers with open mouths.

Throughout the entire movie he is never even close to a dark stalker except while he is attacked in the dark. And unless I am wrong, he only confronted the "leader" in the house. Not a entire pack.

Ignore the crapy quality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    SPOILERS
    Same here man, same here. :( 

Aside from that...Didn't really like it that much. Felt it was too shared and that while they explained a lot, it wasn't nearly enough to satisfy me. I also wonder what happened with the ending. To me, it seemed like they were setting up a scenario similiar to the book (from what I've heard at least), in that the vampires (which they still freaking obviously were) had enough of him hunting and kidnapping them, and that the leader wanted to get him back for taking his girl. Would have been an awesome twist which also showcased the whole "you are legend for being the last of your kind, monsters that hunt us and abandoned us", but alas. Maybe the DVD will reveal more on this, since I KNOW they reshot the ending at the last minute (read it on that one horrormovie site, forgot it's name).

10. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Maybe that explains the scenes at the end.

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    It was an ok movie but compared to I, Robot which was the other depressed hero that Smith played, it kinda disappointed.

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Read the book, kids...

I won't spoil the ending of either, but trust me, even at a light 160 pages or so, the book is a damned sight better.
    the movie only has 3 elements in common to the book and the message of the book is almost totally ignored.

the three elements are in the trailer:
    1. Robert Neville
    2. Last Man alive.
    3. not really alone

IMHO, this movie should have been given a different title, and it could have stood on its own legs. i liked it, yes. but it wasn't I Am Legend.
    had they made I Am Legend as the book was written, everybody would have been a lot more impressed.

13. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Saw it night before last and if it wasnt for the bar in this really nice new movie theater we have I dont think I could have made it to the end of the movie.

14. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Pretty much, i watched this and I was very disappointed. And OMG the CGI was terrible, I mean they had CGI Deer and they weren't even believable, pretty pathetic, they must have spent all there money on other crap. And in 2012 or whatever Will Smith's favorite movie is Shrek? Really, thats the best movie, geez, and the ending was just lame. Anyways, I would rather have the 2 hours of my life back.

15. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I AM LEGEND - Who setup the 2nd trap?

I just watched the movie and it was fun during the first half but boredom followed suit. I can't believe that they used CGI for the "darkseekers".

One question bothered me until now and it lead me to google it. The second trap which captured Will Smith, injuring him with his own knife that lead to his dogs death (became infected). Did the infected managed to set it up to capture Will Smith? The mannequin whom he was talking outside the Video shop was moved to that location or did Will Smith came to the point of almost losing his mind that's why he forgot the trap that he set for himself?

What do you think guys? I think he set that for himself and eventually forgot about it coz he became obsessed with the notion that he has the sole responsibility of finding the cure --- he always utters. "I can still fix this." He also convinced himself that everybody is dead and he is the last man standing on earth.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  16. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

The Dark Seekers set the trap,if you notice they were hinding in the wall next to the trap.

17. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was never explained well enough to form a 100% confirmed decision. One side says Will set the trap, but forgot about it because he was slowly going insane. On the other hand, some people say the Dark Seekers learned from Will and set it themselves.

I think we need to call Mythbusters.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After watching it, I thought the dark seekers set it, learning from Will. After more thought though, I think Will originally set it up to be in front of one of their exits/entrances, but then the dark seekers dragged the mannaquin there to bait Will.

19. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I belive the dark seekers set it up b/c if you remember the mannequin was outside the video store before in the movie and then it apperared right by the trap. Also if Will had set the trap I believe he would've done it in a more well lit place.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

1. There was already an I am Legend thread.

2. POST MORE SPOILERS IN YOUR THREAD TITLES PLEASE.

God damn it, think McFly, THINK.