I am getting out of the game :(

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Razor24, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Mayena

Mayena Well-Known Member

You're all not thinking ahead. This is the best time to become a firefighter and get trained. There will be more bushfires next season so the demand for firefighters for the near future is very high, yet the real danger for now has passed. So you can get trained, get paid and don't have to get yourself in harms way.
    And firefighters do more than fight fires you know, so you can do all kinds of other usefull stuff. I'm not kicking him while he's down, I tried to help and he laughed at it, so shame is on him, not me.

2. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    Are you still considered in the game if you keep just one transformer? Asking for a friend...

3. JackKnife

JackKnife I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY NOW.

And do you know how much time and money that takes? Basic minimum is $5,000 dollars for a 10-week course; &25,000 if you go the college route. If he had the blasted money, do you think he'd be selling his collection?!

So yes: shame on you in spades. And after your answer here, you're also on ignore.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mate you may be genuine and I appreciate you wanting to help but your suggestion doesn’t work like that.

you can’t just decide to be a firefighter... becoming a firefighter requires stringent testing and fitness that is on par to signing up for police.

just because there were lots of fires here doesn’t make it easier to become a firefighter....

• Like Like x 7
  5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy JAB-A-WOOOKIE

News Credits:
    @Razor24 You may not like this answer, but I am talking PURELY from the ECONOMIC point of view. The Australian economy is tied at the hip with the Chinese. It is almost certain that Australia will go into a some sort of recession if not this quarter then the next. This is already reflected in the free fall of the value of the Australian Dollar. Australian housing prices are also "elevated". IF you don't have any sentimental value towards the house, I would suggest probably selling it now while the getting is good. You can always buy it back once the value has corrected. Again, I know NOTHING about your house and your particular circumstances, and I am not a financial advisor. Just think of about those people who got out of the top or near the top before the US housing crash back in 2007/2008.

6. Razor24

News Credits:
    hey bud. Sorry for the ultra late reply. I took a long break from TFW back in March and only just came back.

thanks for the advice. I ended up getting a job at a call centre and ubering to keep the funds flowing and have now secured a decent paying job so the financial situation is a bit better.

I’m still not in a position to continue collecting but at least I can still keep the house and food on the table :) 

• Like Like x 14
  7. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Welcome back! At least you've got your necessities covered. Hang in there, maybe you can start a new Legends collection or something.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Throbbing Member

That sucks! All the best man, I hope you're able to find a new job.

Just think how much fun it'll be once you get back on your feet and get to experience the thrill of re-buying it all! :p 

• Like Like x 1
  9. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Good to know! Welcome back!

• Like Like x 1
  10. mantisfists

mantisfists Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know I'm new here and I generally stay well out of these type of "discussions" but there's so much wrong with your posts in this thread that I just can't keep my mouth shut. I'm going to try and be nice and chalk this up as you being misguided, but to be honest, the level of entitlement and lack of logic in your replies makes it difficult. /rant/"Why don't you JUST become a firefighter?"? First off, as a few people on this thread have stated, you don't "just" become a firefighter. It takes thousands of hours of training OR YOU DIE. No extra lives. No spawn points. No rewinds on the DVR. No redone molds of you by Fanstoys or Gigapower. Just dead. One of one. And contrary to what you believe, it is, by definition impossible to fight fire and not be in harms way. It's fire, for %$&*s sake. On top of that, you're suggesting that getting into the fire service in Australia should be easy because of the conflagration they're were having at the time. FYI, brush fires are THE most dangerous fires for firefighters to fight. Among the many dangers they present, fires that large create their own weather and move and change directions incredibly fast. Second off, you don't know anything about this man. You don't know anything about his health, what he wants and doesn't want to see (how many people have you watched die?), what risks he's willing to take or his family wants him to take. Firefighting isn't for everyone and, again....it's dangerous. Ninety-six firefighters died in the US alone in 2020. Sixty-two the year before that. Followed by 84, 88 and 92 the years preceding that. Throw in the fact that a firefighter's life expectancy after retirement is 5 years. Five. Years. Oh, yeah.....divorce rates among firefighters are among the highest of all professions, as well. Look, a man (I'm assuming it's a man since they said they had a wife...if I'm wrong, then I apologize) has/had lost his job and fallen on hard times. He asked for help in selling off his collection and, perhaps, for a little moral support and empathy as well. I don't remember any mention from him asking for career suggestions. So, to chime in flippantly on how you think he should proceed with his life and career choices is frustratingly arrogant and entitled. And to throw out firefighting as well. That's actually hilarious. Hell, @Razor24 did well to ignore your post and simply like a post calling you out. Why do people feel the need to give this person unsolicited life advice or suggestions? @Mayena, I understand wanting to help, but if you want to do that, buy the man's toys. Tell him to keep his head up. Do something positive. And before you start giving life coaching lessons to people you don't know then getting snippy about it and shaming him behind the safety of a keyboard when they don't take your suggestions, try and get a little life experience (because you obviously have very little), or at the very least, know what the hell you're talking about./rant/. @Razor24, sorry about your situation, and my jacking of your thread, my man. I saw that this thread is kinda old and it sounds like your situation may have thankfully stabilized, so I don't know if you're still trying to sell off stuff but there's a couple things that I'm looking for that I'd gladly pay market for if it helps you out. My wants are kind of specific, so I don't know if I can help you out, but if I can, I will. Glad to hear that things have swung for the better for you and your family. It's been a tough year and a half. Here's to hoping your upswing continues.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Razor24

News Credits:
    Thanks for the positive words bud. I am definitely in a better position but still selling off my collection as I’m not in a permanent job so I am trying to build a safety net in case my contract doesn’t get extended.

check out my sales thread and if you don’t see what you are looking for PM me as I haven’t posted my entire collection. Just keep in mind my collection is mostly CHUG scaled.

• Like Like x 2