I am getting out of the game :(

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Razor24, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi guys, it is with a very heavy heart that I am announcing that I am getting out of the TF game. I have been collecting Transformers toys for almost 25 years and been a part of the TFW2005 community for over 8 of them. Fansproject’s City Commander set kicked off a love affair for third party figures that has lasted over a decade and I treasured every piece that I purchased.

I have really enjoyed the excitement and anticipation of each figure that was announced, sharing in the hype with you all as prototype pics dropped and then when figures finally started arriving in people’s hands and those in hand pics were eagerly shared with the fandom. I have had lots of great conversations with many of you and have had some heated “discussions” with some but I enjoyed every moment of being part of this community.

As some of you may have seen on my sales thread back in March, I was trying to sell things to get financially stable. This was because at the time I had been made redundant at my work after 10 years and was trying to look for a replacement job. 7 months on and I am still trying to secure a permanent job and funds are running desperately low. With the threat of defaulting on my mortgage looming, I have no choice but to sell off everything I have.

I ask everyone in this wonderful community to please help out once more and assist me with offloading as much of my collection as possible. I have not yet completed my list but if you have a figure in mind that is not listed please PM me and chances are, if it is 3rd Party and CHUG scaled I should have it.

It’s been a blast and I hope I can re-join the community one day but I think it will hurt too much to remain a part of these threads when I can no longer afford the hobby. I wish you all the best with your collections and keep that TF passion burning!

Razor24

• Like Like x 37
  2. TGIFtoys

TGIFtoys Autobot

Ebay:
    Sorry to see another collector go, but I’m in a similar situation. Just got married last year and priorities have shifted. Still love the hobby but for now I also stepped away.
    Good thing is transformers are will continue so whenever we come back they will still be going strong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***MACROSS ROOKiE*** (aka Noob.!)

Sorry to hear man and I hope you get the best bang for the buck with your stuff. I've personally always loved Transformers but didn't get into Collecting like maybe 5 years ago or so when I discovered 3rd party and saw images of MMC's Feral Rex and the rest is history. I too am contemplating on selling everything off as it just doesn't excite me as much as it use to with all the reveals that were coming out every other day. It's funny I have FT Spoiler coming in this week and I hope it Sparks my interest in the hobby but personally for me I just feel as if the spark/magic is gone for me.

I recently just finished up my GP Dino's and it's an awesome feeling to know it's finally done but now I'm asking myself what now.? Make matters a little worst I don't even have room for all 5 Dinobots so most likely they will go back to their boxes and stored away or as with my other stuff: If you don't miss it,Sell it.

Anyways even if you're out,I still think it's cool to visit the site/threads and see what's up. Hope all works out for you bud!

4. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You're making the right decision. This hobby should never put at risk basic financial stability. All the best with the job hunt. I hope you find something soon.

• Like Like x 14
  5. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

I was out the game for 10 years after having a kid and lots of responsibility, you can rejoin anytime and it’s like you never left. But yeah, you gotta prioritize and do what you gotta do for now, good luck in the job hunt!

• Like Like x 6
  6. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

7. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone needs to make a "I'm having kids and my WAG won't let me buy toys anymore" Thread.

• Like Like x 1
  8. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Good luck with the job hunt. I've had some times that required some serious selling off. Musical instruments and amplifiers and gear went out first, then the toys that were worth something. But this was before I got into MPs and 3Ps and those things are like $100 each - I'd have sold the hell out of those too if I had them. Years later and I'm good and buying dumb shit I don't need again. I'm sure you will bounce back.

9. Weezie

Weezie Taking a break, back soon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hope things work out for you. Toys are cool and all but paying the bills comes first.

10. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Good luck in securing a permanent job.

11. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

The thumbs up is not a sarcastic message but one of support .. good luck, we all face tough situations and you are doing the right thing by yourself. All the best

• Like Like x 2
  12. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Farewell fallen soldier

*press f1 to show respects*

13. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

You'll be back. They ALL come back!

14. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

Sorry to hear of your troubles. It's got to be tough but you're making the right call. Good luck to you!

15. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

Best wishes, and as others have said, you can rejoin the game at any time and you'll have a great community to come back to!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Razor24

News Credits:
    Thanks for all your kind words guys. This community has been so great and it is really sad to step away from it.

But like you say, bills and living come before toys. Maybe I will be back one day when I am financially stable again.

• Like Like x 10
  17. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

This happens far more than we think as Hasbro finds more ways to skin an Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream and we buy them all. They are not letting up inventing new tf lines that demand your full paycheck. Figures never been this high, just bought unicron, mp44, over $500 of earth rise and gen selects. Not counting my 3rd party budget. That’s sept alone. And resell value is holding strong. Props to Hasbro

18. Razor24

News Credits:
    Yeah I hear ya. You don't know how hard it has been to not buy any Siege figures...

19. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i sold off a sizable chunk of my collection to make ends meet during an eleven-month stint of unemployment after the market crash in 2001; ended up moving across the continent to an area with a lower cost of living and work to be found: a long, long road from there, but it does get better, eventually!..

...as many folks have noted above, the hobby will be waiting to welcome you back when you're ready; took me about fourteen years until my wife surprised me with combiner wars devastator, and within a year it was like i'd never left...

...in the meanwhile, nothing at all wrong with doing what it takes to make ends meet: godspeed!..

(still wish i could track down that beast wars laserdisc set i had autographed by the entire cast, that was a tough sale)

• Like Like x 1
  20. leus

leus TFW2005 Supporter

Who sells their Transformers to make ends meet ?! That's just doesn't make any sense to me!

• Like Like x 2