I actually preferred Transformers: The Last Knight over Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DarkEnergon22, Jun 28, 2017.

1. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Havent seen the last knight but dark of the moon, aoe and the first one were better then dr strange

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Okay OP. We get it. You liked TLK. You don't need to open a new thread about that every morning.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    It's hard to choose between the two, for me at least. I loved TLK and Wonder Woman. However, I will say, I think Wonder Woman is a vast improvement over the previous lackluster DC films we have gotten.

4. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

Wonder woman was poor. She just ranted, raved and stomped her feet every time she didn't get her own way and the world was saved by a white guy committing suicide. Very feminist.
    Had low expectations of last knight and ended up enjoying it very much.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    One took a franchise known for vastly unpopular movies and succeeded in actually being well liked.

The other took a franchise known for vastly unpopular movies and only reinforced that perception in the general audience.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

One major thing WW had going for it-

Remember the first time in the first movie you saw Optimus step up, transform, and say "My name is Optimus Prime"? That sense of wonder of seeing your hero live for the first time?

That's Wonder Woman at the trench. That's what the Wonder Woman movie has that most of the Marvel movies, Superman, etc., and the TF movies after the first, don't. Wonder Woman's an icon who hasn't had a movie before, just like TF1 was Optimus's first live-action appearance, and that had an impact with a lot of people. This is a TF board and not a comics board or one with a lot of women so we got fewer people here into the WW moment and more into the Optimus, but it's that kind of thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

indeed, let's see how good wonder woman 5 does

• Like Like x 3
  8. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Wonder Women because they did not go for long expositional stretches without the title character or characters. Then when there was an action seen She was clearly there, TLK and that long chase seen that for the most part could have been cut into a Fast and Furious movie.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

If they got to a WW 5 so that we could compare that would be so incredibly awesome :) 

10. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

true, they'll probably not have a titular ww5...5 films in the same continuity is incredibly rare & just blend it in with other franchises like how marvel does

11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Oh that's why Wonder Woman was arbitrarily selected for this comparison thread.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    They are only vastly unpopular with critics.

13. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Heh,
    did you just call 'fight her way through No Man's Land to get to a poison gas facility and fighting a god' stomping her feet? Pretty telling how you characterize her as 'ranting' too...

Kinda protesting too much there.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  14. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I grew up with comic books, and transformers cartoons.

I have a high appreciation and love for dc and marvel both.

Wonder Woman emotionally involved me more than TLK.
    Wonder Woman had a better story(opinion only)
    Wonder Woman had better editing
    Wonder Woman is overall a far superior film and seemed to be made by those who respected the characters and history.

All that being said I will be going back to see TLK one, maybe two more times. I have no interest in seeing WW again until blu Ray, when I purchase it.

I absolutely CANNOT explain this phenomenon but transformers for some unknown reason always sucks me back. I have been waiting eagerly for Spider-Man homecoming and I am actually gonna put that off to see TLK once more.

Is there any logic to this...no. But for some reason I believe it's the visual effects and my affinity for the movieverse designs...I love watching the bots in the background doing things I missed, I just love these robots even if the execution of the film is lacking

• Like Like x 4
  15. Miyako Hakubi

Miyako Hakubi Well-Known Member

When it comes to big budget blockbusters my opinions clashes with critics opinions. Mad Max sucks. That movie is nothing but a visual feast. Most of Pixar movies suck (yeah I should be killed for this sin). Marvel movies suck. Except Edge of Tomorrow all of my recently favorite movies have mixed to bad reviews. Man of Steel, Amazing Spiderman 2, Batman v Superman, and of course, Transformers. Since I liked MoS & BvS, WW gives me a little interests in seeing it in theater. Then all the praises it getting totally kill my interests in it. It has both great reviews and great word of mouth, so it could be truly good, or just another The Avengers/Jurassic World to me. With The Last Knight, while I was never bothered by critic reviews, hearing some people here saying it is bad made me nervous a little bit. But when the first scene show up that nervous all gone replaced by the overwhelming emotions of seeing Transformers on big screen. No matter how good WW could be, it wont give me the special emotions that Transformers does. I knew I wont disappointed, and I sure did. Looking forward to the second viewing (and Justice League in November)

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Well, since Rotten Tomatoes means so much (or not, I don't know where that falls honestly), it's showing a 55% 'audience like rate' which has the green popcorn bucket on its side with spilled popcorn.

While not the lowest (higher than 51% for AoE, tied with DOTM at 55%), curiously the average user rating out of 28,000+ users is 3.3, exactly the same as that of the critics.

Those right there are fighting words. :Gouki: 

17. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    TLK made me finally realized the only reason I like the movies so much was because of the robots and visual effects. However, in order to see those scenes, you have to go through dumb, contradicting plot points and overlong sex jokes that fills up the already long runtime. With Wonder Woman, there rarely is any filler and while the action may not be as exciting, the characters and story make up for it.

The best way to watch these movies IMO is through Youtube clips. They show pretty all the best parts of the movies. It's why I really would like to see a fan edit like The Phantom Edit for all five of them.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    My friend called me up since he was eager to see TLK and asked me how it was, knowing I'm a fan. I didn't want to ruin it for him, but I really wanted to tell him to go see Wonder Woman again.

19. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wonder Woman isn't just a good superhero movie, it's a good movie period.

• Like Like x 3
  20. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

That's a thing- sometimes personal connection to the material or a specific style matters more than other factors.

Sure, one can talk all kinds of measurements, but ultimately watching a movie is a personal thing. I loved Wonder Woman, but I also loved John Carter and Jupiter Ascending, which didn't get nearly the critical praise and both have flaws (though of course, as I love them, I feel they're both underrated ^^), because they just hit certain cords for me. No-one is wrong when they say a movie hits an emotional note for them because you're always the ultimate judge of what you feel.