Hungary Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by BB Shockwave, Feb 15, 2004.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quite a surprise, but Müller got Studio Series wave 8 deluxes already - I spotted Arcee/Chromia/Elita-1 and Hot Rod at the MOM Park Müller, and I know someone at the TF facebook mentioned seeing Soundwave. They cost 9890 HUF as usual.
    Also new were the Cyberverse Ultimate Class armor-up Optimus and Shockwave, they cost a whooping 14290 HUF
    2020-03-06-Cyberverse Ultimates.jpg 2020-03-06-Studio Series Deluxe W8.jpg

Also, just posting this here since I assume you guys in the USA will never see such toys on shelves - yes, die cast realistic toy guns... including what looks like a Walther P38, I think? Or a Mauser maybe, I keep confusing these.
    2020-03-06-toyguns.jpg

You are hungarian too? Or you live in the US and travel here sometimes?

• News Credit News Credit x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HasTakCrack

HasTakCrack Well-Known Member

Facebook:

Ah, one of my alt modes is a Hungarian. I live overseas but visit family twice a year. Just for fun, I started checking the airport assortments.

I also work for a government agency and track down people who smuggle drugs into Europe hidden inside Transformers toys. There's this one guy known as "Chris" who uses a hungarian connection for his illegal operation that we have yet to identify.

3. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I take it you are someone I know... just not under this nickname... ;) 

4. HasTakCrack

Facebook:
    My profile pic is probably a good giveaway. ;) 

5. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At long last, something new came out - Series 3 Botbots were spotted in Müller MOM Park Budapest by my good friend Chaoslock. I went there and found a full case... only left 2 behind got the rest as they also have a 20% off sale on all toys until tomorrow :) 

2020-05-29-BotbotsS3.jpg

6. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Found a single lonely Soundbarrier in Müller, MOM Park. This is not the first time I seen it, has been there for weeks I think. The price increased slightly by 100 HUF compared to Siege Battlemasters.
    Did not get him as I already have two.
    2020-08-15-WFC-ER Soundbarrier MOM Park Müller.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally, Cyberverse One-step changer Repugnus is out! Also the Shadow Bumblebee repaint too. Spotted them at Budapest, MOM Park’s Müller store, they are 4990 HUF.
    0B7A8C5E-6D00-4A82-84DA-13FCBF6820F3.jpeg 8A740AD8-1452-4ECB-8325-18CABB662E48.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

For those of you fellow Hungarian collectors (or if you're simply staying at Pest at the moment) that are still looking for a Siege Starscream or Springer, there's six or so copies of them each at another Müller at Blaha Lujza tér. Haven't checked their priced tags, but when I got my Springer there a month or so ago it was around 12000 HUF.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, it seems they overstocked there during Christmas, I remember times when they had 10 Starscreams. :D  It's sad they are not selling, that is a great mold...
    Hope they finally start stocking up on Earthrise too. Btw Mall.hu has listings for Earthrise wave 2-3 stuff, but it is all out of stock for now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DerVernichter

Tell me about it! I was going to order Smokescreen, Arcee and an Allicon when they went ouz of stock. Hopefully they'll be available soon.

And yeah, Starscream and Springer are on my top5 Siege figures list for sure. Kinda wish some of the leaders were locally available as well, though I guess selling tg toys at that price point doesn't seem feasible for most shops

• Like Like x 1
  11. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On my way back from the dentist I dropp by MOM Park Müller again today, and to my great surprise, they had Series 4 Botbots, a full case of 24!!! :)  1390 HUF per piece, as usual.
    I dunno why this, and only this Müller keeps getting such stuff - Series 3 also came out only here once. Maybe they know I visit the place and will ransack any Botbot lot I find? :D  They were right, I came back with 10 blindbags, all but completing my S4 collection (only 2 missing now).
    2020-10-28-BotbotsS4-Müller.JPG 2020-10-28-BotbotsS4-Müller2.JPG
    There were no new Earthrise or Cyberverse toys, sadly - in fact, they seem to be dwindling slowly but surely - maybe they are waiting for this stock to sell out before listing those. But I did sport WFC Siege Megatron - not really news as he was available in webshops since last year, but this is the first time I have seen him in a physical store.

Ah they did not go out of stock, they were never in stock. Mall does this a lot, listing things often half a year in advance. They did the same with the Cyberverse Deluxes, though they ended up getting them in stock only when every other webshop had them already.
    Yeah, sadly, not even Müller carries leaders. Galaxy had some SS leaders at astronomical prices (22.000 Ft or so). I think the retailers just know that with the average hungarian family budget, and the famous hungarian "being a cheapskate" mentality :D  they are better off not importing these. I mean, I remember those gigantic RotF Devastators that kept shelfwarming for years...

• Like Like x 1
  12. HasTakCrack

Facebook:
    Would Müller ever have Skorponok? :D 

• Like Like x 1
  13. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah. They never even have Leaders, let alone Titans.
    Last Titan we had was Fort Max and he came out about 1.5 years after his western appearance, and only in one Galaxy store. I think after Devastator shelfwarmed no store risked ordering Titans again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DerVernichter

Ohhhhhhh, how cheeky of them! And here I was cursing myself for not ordering Smokecreen or an Arcee while I had the chance. Still, that means They're still going to be available eventually, which is good news, so thank you for the info!

And yeah, 16,000 at most 20,000 HUF is what I'd be comfortable paying for a leader class. That being said, that 22,000 at Galaxy seems almost reasonable compared the 29,990 Fantasmania is selling ER Prime and Astrotrain. That's almost 100 Euros, for a little more I could easily get a Masterpiece on Ebay. Then again, I remember Fantasmania selling CW Onslaught for 16,990 HUF a year or so ago, so I guess heftily priced toys are simply part of their MO. Needless to say, after that Overpriced Onslaught managing to get a Siege Prime for about 12,000 from them felt like an absolute steal.

Apropo Fantasmania, they seem to have some wave 1 ER stuff up for sale, with some later figures available for pre-order:
    http://fantasmania.hu/transformers-figura-c-79.html

• Like Like x 1
  15. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, sadly you cannot preorder on Mall, they have the figure up but all you can do is set an email alert to be sent if they come in stock. Indeed, sooner of later they will come in stock.
    Fantasmania is crazy, 32400 Ft for ER Leader Prime? I got mine from TFS Express for around 20.000 shipped (they charge I think 20Ł bulk for all shipping).
    16-18cm-es Transformers figura - Optimus Prime Leader kamionná alakítható figura trailerrel War For - 32400 Ft - Teszvesz.hu
    I have known him for ages, heck he was probably the very first TF fan I met with more than a decade ago. I think he told me once he has to add so much to the base price because of the various taxes he is charged with. That said, he basically has been selling the same TFs for years, I still see him sell the same Kre-O and Universe stuff for 5-6 years now.
    I think you are better off waiting for Müller or Galaxy for Voyagers and below, plus webshops. I mean even Apeface come out eventually, on Alza of all places. Only Wave 4 was missed and we did get the Off Road/Sports Car patrols on Alza eventually, only Mirage/Barricade/Impactor and TC were left out.

Ohhh 100$ Masterpieces are likely KOs, especially on Ebay. :D  These days they start at 200$, the G1 and BW ones that is, the Movie ones are cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DerVernichter

Yeah, the guy at the Fantasmania store's been super chill and helpful, but some of the prices are a little too oomphy to my liking. I do like to check in every now and then to see if there's a toy or comic book that catches my fancy. Also, I didn't even know about teszvesz.hu, so once again thank you for the info!

Yeah, that's what I stick to most of the time. I also used to check out Tesco, though I haven't been able to find any Generations figure there since Titans Return. Man, I still remember buying my beloved HfTD Breacher at the Tesco in Aréna Pláza, those were the good ol' days...

Whoops! That makes sense, haha. And here I was thinking they must be cheaper because they aren't mint in the box!

17. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fellow collector Attila has found the Earthrise Military Patrol for 5490 HUF in Árkád Müller (down at the bottom left). Only them, not the Hot Rod Patrol, but this means Earthrise finally started to trickle into brick and mortar stores (after being already present on webshops for a while).
    2020-11-06-Müller-Earthrise MM.jpg

Guzzappum is a nice guy - I have known him since 2000 or so - but as he operates a "pick-up-point" shop, he has to pay a lot of taxes and import fees and generally this is the price he has to make if he wants to make a profit. As a result it is just not worth it to buy from his shop when he sells Earthrise/Siege deluxes at 10.000 HUF and you can get them in Müllers for 6800/7500 HUF, or voyagers at 13.000 HUF and Játékshop has them at 10.500 HUF. They are probably able to import straight from Hasbro, while Fantasmania imports from EU retailers at already raised prices... at least that

Tesco does have interesting KOs, though - some third party mini Devastator in G2 colors was released recently, as well a upscaled CW/Generations legends toys.

Nah, that is a general rule when MP hunting, if you see say, Blackarachnia for 50$ and free shipping that IS a KO. Nobody sells a recently released MP that costs 150-200$ at retail at such a loss of profits. :)  They just never say it is the KO in the title because Ebay would ban them. They sometimes say "KO version" in the description, but not every time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DAWE 3 Pro

DAWE 3 Pro New Member

News Credits:
    Yesterday I got ER Alicon from Blaha Müller, I asked, but they did not have any more. :( 
    Took some pictures what they had:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  19. DAWE 3 Pro

DAWE 3 Pro New Member

News Credits:
    I went to Corvin Müller also:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, I did not expect they would come out with not just Wave 1 but also 2 of Earthrise at the same time!
    Pity we got Lockdown (and no, not the fun bounty hunter kind) currently, or I would do some Müller hunting myself to get a few more Allicons for my Quintesson court.

• Like Like x 1