Humans damaging Transformers is nothing new

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kungfu Dinobot, Nov 9, 2011.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Or Maverick missiles that can crack open Abrams tanks like candy. Unless a TF is shielded, no way he could survive a direct impact from one of those.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Or the AC-130 gunship, essentially a cargo plane with a goddamn howitzer sticking out the side, among other implements of destruction.

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    A simple military weapon can easily tear a Decepticon apart, and it personaly annoys me.

Especially when that kid blew Shockwave's chest apart.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Probably gonna need glasses if you can't tell the difference between Optimus Prime's fist and a small child.

5. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Um, that's not who I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the African American kid. ("I'll find my own ride home, sir.") He parachuted onto Shockwave's back and shot his chest.

6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Military weapons aren´t simple. Many of them are highly potent and complex pieces of machinery.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Fixed. :) 

8. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Right on!:dj 

9. Archaea

Archaea Autobot Archeaologist

Sci Fi movies have it gotten so bad that the Military basically looks like Morons who can't do anything Straight. When they are nearly 100% wrong. Funny thing is Bay usually get's Military maneuvers right.. Go figure.

BTW the next advanced in military hardware, would make ANY alien cringe.
    Railguns on a Personnel level would change the game. Electromagnetic guns in a portable weapons package would be .. wow. And not in a good way.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

For some odd reason some people have gotten on to this strange idea that weapons advance but defensive systems somehow just stay the same. That an Abrams tank lacks any more protection than a Sherman rolling off the factory line in the 1940's.

Yes weapon systems advance but defensive systems advance as well. So if you had a technology gap where you had to shoot a Napoleon cannon at a current generation tank you aren't stopping that tank. Yet somehow an advance alien race shouldn't have any defensive systems that are even the tiniest bit more advanced than ours. That the technology gap between humans and Transformers is zero.

Plus fiction has never let something like a character not being bullet proof get in the way of a good story. Joker, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Scarecrow, and host of other Batman villains aren't bullet proof, but a story where only Batman can stop the villain is a lot more exciting that Gotham PD guns down the main bad guy 2 minutes into the story.

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm pretty neutral on this topic of discussion. I do feel that both sides have quite a bit of weight though.

For the military side...I honestly think that a lot of people underestimate how ridiculously goddamn lethal anti-tank weaponry is. It's gotten to the point where defensive measures are having a hard time keeping up. Softkill systems are great against guided AT munitions, but they don't protect against tank and infantry carried systems. Hardkill systems do, but munitions have compensated for that, such as tandem warheads on the RPG-7. Finally, there's nothing short of having the densest, thickest armor(or proper slope) that will stop a 120mm SABOT from tearing a hole into you.

Anti-tank weaponry and explosives are NO JOKE. Here's a man portable missile destroying a tank. There's nothing left.

Here's a Mk.48 Torpedo taking out a Destroyer. Mk.48 Torpedo destroying a Destroyer. That's only a 650lb warhead.

JDAMs which can get up to 2000 pounds are even MORE destructive than that. This is a 2000lb JDAM at 300 meters.

This is why it's believable to me that at the least Megatron gets thrown around by such weapons. He may not be harmed by them, but physics rule over everything. Try getting hit by a swinging object with a lot of momentum and stay standing. Protoforms? No way, not against these kind of munitions.

On the TF side I absolutely agree that there has to be some kind of counter-measures. They ARE a robotic race who HAS fought active wars...and I also agree that it devalues the presence of the Autobots. Humans seem capable of doing this stuff in the movies...why have Autobot help at all then? This is a movie about the Transformers...not humans and their transformers sidekicks In that regard the weakness of the 'cons does not do them a good service at all.

I basically have issue with the fact that Blackout and Brawl were killed by small arms fire. Those were 40mm grenade launchers that the soldiers were using against those two...but I'm sorry...I don't think 40mm has enough power to stop a Pave Low and an Abrams. A Pave Low possibly, as aircraft are more innately fragile than ground vehicles, but Brawl should've been able to shrug that shit off. In ROTF it appears they have specialized weapons so it's more acceptable, but in TF1 that stuff was as off-the-shelf military as you can get.

12. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Ooh! A thread about weaponry and the military! I should contribute!

Guns are cool.

That is all.

13. Clu

Clu Panzergeneral

my :2c: 

They got killed too easy. Remember, giant alien robots fought for millions of years against each other with houseblock sized weapons and didn't kill each other that easy and in that numbers like in the movies by tiny humans with tiny weapons (exceptions, of course).

But on the other hand it's just a (or better 3) movie(s).

:horse:  ;) 

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Blackout was killed by the fighter run, and Brawl was killed by Bumblebee. Prior to that Brawl did plenty of "shrugging that shit off".

15. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Crux of the matter right here. If humans can take the Cons on, the Autobot presence becomes entirely superfluous - they might as well not be there at all.

16. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    How much destructive punch a weapon packs is far from the entire point.

We all know how a country with the best weapons & tech can still lose a human war, badly.

Even if one has the best gun or the most guns, you still need to aim it, at the right time. Therein lies the potential for writing Decepticons who can interfere human tactical logistics, literally have human weapons systems screw up targeting systems so that it will result in 'friendly fire' etc etc.

Alas, the movie scripts - save for TF1 - simply didn't allow for portraying the Decepticons in a more competent manner. What ? Decepticons can't magnet human weapons like Autobots can ? ( freeing Sam & Mikaela from Sector7's SUV in TF1 )

One could even think up ways for the Decepticons to absorb kinetic energy...afterall, they are made out of regenerative stuff, which might be able to - with a few adjustments it could work like car brakes which convert heat into energy - convert that kinetic impact into energy supply and better regenerating 'armor'.

...and...if human tech would be so great....why don't we have colonies on various planets yet ? Where are the masses of flying cars ? Where are batteries which can run my laptop for 48 hours non-stop ?

17. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    it was for kids....

18. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

@ Nacht, Ash, and everyone who thinks the Humans could take on the Decepticons themselves:

They couldn't. When the Autobots were pretending to be dead, the humans were throwing everything they got, and were doing diddly squat. Only when Optimus came and deliver OOC speeches were they able to turn the tide.

And besides, I wouldn't mind a story where some Gotham PD takes down a supervillain, and win:D 

19. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So is every other TF show and TF property in existence (Kiss Players doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned), and you don't see humans killing 'Cons in those now do you? The only other time that a Transformers has been killed by a human, is when Bumblebee was killed by G.I. Joe in that crossover that nobody wants to remember. But that doesn't really count, because he got over it.

20. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    No offense or anything, but did you read the first post?