Humans and Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Scorponok, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Scorponok

Scorponok Kindness is no virtue and cruelty is no vice

Yesterday's post regarding what we'd do if Transformers were real prompted a few people who mentioned pairing with one. It's a very thought provoking subject that brings up many what ifs. So, let's look at this from a very realistic standpoint here. Assume a relationship is desired enough to take some risks and strong feelings are shared between you and a TF.

Now the dilemma: If you actually go through with a relationship you'd likely always be in danger. Your TF would want to keep you as far away from this danger as possible. I imagine you wouldn't be fighting alongside them much, if at all since they care about you. You'd feel so much anxiety waiting for your TF to return from battle not knowing if he/she is still alive or hurt. We know how hard they fight. What about our short lives? Chances are if human/robot relations become common they'll seek ways to prolong longevity. They may turn us into robots like them. Would you be okay with that?

Both sides would quickly learn of your relationship. You could be captured by the enemy. If you choose an Autobot, the Decepticons would probably target you to lure the Autobots in. If you're captured, they may torture you or just kill you to get even. Your Autobot may not reach you in time or even find you. If you choose a Decepticon, you'd worry about the Autobots finding you. You may have to fight alongside your Decepticon never knowing if it will be your last battle. So much turmoil involved.

So, if you knew all of this up front would you still consider it or would you walk away? Would it be worth the risk? Just a thought.

2. solusprime19

solusprime19 Disney, Dat knee

well... I can agree with almost everything your saying.

BUT if your in a relationship with, say, Perceptor of Wheeljack, they wouldn't turn us into robots. Rather, they would try to give us special upgrade(think Spike and Daniel's exo suits) to help us survive.

Given all that said, I would be willing for it. The autobots need their support, and not having humans support means that they would feel even more guilty when a human life is lost.

As for the decepticons, joining their side would mean that they would be less willing to kill humans, believing that there is use in us. and even if we are caught by the autobots, they wouldn't be willing to kill us, but would talk to us and try to change us....

Factionless Cybertronians? Well, being a little crazy can get you friends, like whirl for example. Any daredevil would love him. And Swerve and Smokescreen would make good gambling friends. Being on no ones side would give the opportunity to have a little fun with some laid back friends....

All in all, being with a cybertronian would be a very interesting dream....or nightmare

3. Scorponok

That's a good alternative.

While they wouldn't kill a human, if one was for the Decepticons being around the Autobots would be torture enough. Especially if they are trying to sway your view of them.

I didn't answer my own question but it would be considered given I completely trusted that TF/felt safe enough. My decision would mainly be based on who rather than just accepting any confessed feelings. Just like with humans, if there's not complete trust I wouldn't be anywhere near willing...even for an Autobot. Some are more trustworthy than others.

4. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

If I love them enough, and they love me enough, then sure. I'd take on the world for the one I love, even if it meant dying tomorrow.

I'd rather die saying "I love my robot partner and she/he loves me." Then die refusing them a chance.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to keeping our relationship a secret and playing it safe. We'd take necessary precautions. Just because we're in love doesn't mean we're stupid.

5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'm all for Transformers and human weddings if they can have relationships, like Powerglide and his girlfriend

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Question do I get a transtector of my own?

Because I'd be cool with that.

7. JackKnife

JackKnife I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY NOW.

Being turned into a robot?

For me, that would solve a lot of problems. Although I'd be complaining even more about the price of gas. :D 

8. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it turn out Powerglide have a close female friend/girlfriend on Cybertron? Granted, he thought she was dead, so he can't really be blamed for cheating on her, but I'm just curious if that actually happened in G1 or not.

9. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Well, one thing is for certain.
    My father would still find a way to terrify him into having me home by 12, 40 foot robot or not.

10. JackKnife

JackKnife I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY NOW.

:lol  yup, dads can be like that. I can imagine that scenario. :D 

11. Scorponok

Even in my adult years I'd have a slight problem. My robot would need lots of courage and patience to deal with my family. On the other hand, having one at my side during family/social events would be a nice conversation starter.

12. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

No it ended with Powerglide opening his chest piece to reveal a bunch of lights lit up in the shape of a heart

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yep that happened.

I've always thought Powerglide already having a fembot gf already just makes him look bad.

That was the ending to the Girl Who Loved Powerglide, MasterZero was talking about later on in The Search for Alpha Trion.

14. TFGrace13

TFGrace13 Tu fui, ego eris.

And it'd be so convenient if your Cybertronian partner doubled as your vehicle. Imagine all the money you'd save on gasoline.

15. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like a Lite Brite.

16. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    A romantic relationship (presumably platonic) between Cybertronian and Human would be, at its core, like any other romance between soldier and civilian. The nights you'd stay up wondering if your beloved was going to make it out okay or not, the pangs of agony every time they go out to fight the good fight... but you stick with it because damn it all, you love them.

17. abcodi

abcodi New Member

Nice Catch LegendAntihero.