Minor/Repaint: Human Alliance Jazz with sword/lance!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OmarJT82, Aug 27, 2010.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anybody remember this pre-production character render of 2007 Movie Jazz showing his left arm converted into a sword/lance?:
    [​IMG]

Well, I decided to make this a reality with my own Human Alliance Jazz using a telescoping sword/lance from a 2007 Movie Deluxe class Jazz!

A) Using a Dremel Rotary Tool with a 5/64" drill-bit at low speed, I drilled in a hole through the black section of his left wrist below the rivet that holds his hand:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

B) I sanded down the tip of his sword/lance to a point:
    [​IMG]

C) Using that same Dremel Rotary Tool with a 5/64" drill-bit at low speed as before, I drilled in a hole on the top rear of this telescoping sword/lance from a 2007 Movie Deluxe class Jazz and inserted a rivet with Gorilla Glue to cement it in place:
    [​IMG]

D) Once the glue dried/hardened after 2-3 hours, I scraped off as much of the dried/hardened glue on the surface of the sword/lance and cut in a ditch on the right side of the sword/lance's rear:
    [​IMG]

E) Cut/sanded of the plastic bulk/connectors from the bottom of the sword/lance:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Has you can see in the following photos, the result is a fully functional, telescoping sword/lance for Human Alliance Jazz that fits into the drilled hole in his wrist via a rivet cemented on the top rear of the sword/lance and the ditch on the left.

NOTE: Trim the rivet so that it does not block his left hand when transforming.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The ditch on the right holds the sword/lance in place and prevents it from turning like a wheel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Compare and contrast the 2007 Movie Jazz pre-production character render with the snapshot of my Human Alliance Jazz with sword/lance in the same pose:
    [​IMG]

Now, my Human Alliance Jazz has 2 weapons! His crescent cannon on the right and his telescoping sword/lance on the left! :rock 

As Jazz would say, "Break yourself, little bitches!!!"
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Long_Haul

Long_Haul N*ggacon

Thats Bad Ass bro!

3. garinhash

garinhash Well-Known Member

excellent work!

I found the same telescoping...thing with my movie 1 jazz. and now that I own HA Jazz I was thinking how to incorporate it to the HA figure

4. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

I was just thinking about this yesterday!
    It looks pretty awesome.

5. alondav77

alondav77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    that is a great idea - love it

6. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

WOW looks great man, not sure ill drill a hole in a $30 collectible though, but i like it