Human Alliance Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Heat Guy, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I am going to buy every toy in the HA line. It's like Alternators all over again, and I love Alts.

Plus I can get a mini-sam, a Mini-Epps, and a Mini-Mikalya figure with all the HA sets seen so far (now for those of you with sick minds, take the HA BB in alt mode, then throw in the mini-Mikalya from the HA Skids set to interact with the mini-Sam)

2. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    YES. The only character I'd argue is more deserving would be Ironhide, which I'm sure others have commented on this site. I won't hold my breath on that though, unless they do multiple sizes for this line.

I'm very curious as to how Sideswipe/Epps will turn out now, and if his legs won't be a puny as the box photos suggest. I'd probably still pick him up though.

3. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Upon trying this out, it works, but wont line up right in vehicle mode for some odd reason.

4. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Did you switch the entire legs or did you leave the upper legs in place and switch the lower legs and thigh panels?
    If you tried the first option, the second one might fix the misalignment in vehicle mode.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
  6. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Can you post pics of the rearrangement? I for some reason can't wrap my head around how to possibly get this to work. The figure is clearly mis-assembled, but I can't quite get it to work itself out.

Back on topic though, what a truly awesome figure. This guy is solid in both modes, is fun to mess withh and has excellent paint apps. I did overpay for him ($40 total from K-Mart), but I really really like him. I just want to figure out this annoying mis-assembly.

7. anti-hero

anti-hero Well-Known Member

Found this at my local Kmart yesterday (St. Louis). Here's my initial thoughts if anyone cares...

Cons...Sam figure is way too small, he actually looks closer to deluxe BB scale than this car. BBs head is on a ball joint but it only acts as a cut, plus it falls off at the slightest movement. The chest/front grill panels are spring loaded, so at the slightest movement they snap back into place for car mode, very annoying. He's got a big gaping hole in his back from the side view. In person the flip down battle mask seems kinda fragile, and i also can't get it to look right for some reason. The box is waaaaay too big for this guy. It's about twice the size as an Alt box for no reason that I can see. I'm hoping that means they're planning larger vehicles like Ironhide or Ratchet at the same price point, but since none of those have been announced at this point it just seems like they're trying to justify the higher price with a bigger box.

Pros....even tho the Sam fig is too small it does look really good in the driver seat, and fits well (doesn't look too small inside for some reason). BB's def ready for a fight, cannons and missles on both arms plus a flip up shoulder cannon and one that flips up from the hood piece and shoots over his head. The elbow/car seats don't bug me near as much in person as they did in pics. In alt mode this is almost as cool as an alt. Interior doesn't look as nice but everything else does.

Honestly my first impression after seeing how small Sam was and having transformed him once was dissapointment. But after sleeping on it I'm liking the set a little bit more. If I can find an easy way to keep the head from popping off all the time and the keep the chest pieces in place in bot mode it'll go a long way for this set. As far as the rest of the series, I'll probably still get Sideswipe because of the car itself. Skids is a toss up tho. I really want the Mikaela fig to ride along with Sam in Bee, but I highly doubt I'll care about Skids enough to justify the purchase once I've seen the movie.

8. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    HTS reports these as in stock now. You can use code bktf09 for free shipping, avoiding the KMart markup. We've been running the DPCI and UPC through in MN and it doesn't look like he'll be in stock at any of our numerous Targets here anytime soon as no stores report stock.

Anyway, looks like he'll be a great addition to my alternators collection. The $30 price point is a little tough, but prices on all figures have gone up since alts were officially discontinued at $20. That makes it a bit more palatable for me.

Hopefully HTS will come through quickly.

9. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Considering they're making three this year, I'd suspect they'll be making two more Human Alliances after Barricade, as well. Which means we might just see Mudflap and the fabled Ironhide.

10. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

more of the HA line i see the more i think i will be mainly collecting these for the movie line.

11. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I MIGHT get Bumblebee, but I know I want Skids and likely Mudflap (who I suspect will come with Agent Simmons). Sideswipe does look cool, and if they did an Ironhide I would be impressed. I'd love to see them keep him at CLOSE to the same scale, but I would doubt it.

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    REALLY FUCKING DO WANT.

For real, this looks like the best figure next to Leader Prime in the ROTF line.

Stellar job, Hasbro.

13. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Considering we've heard about how FREAKING BIG the packaging is, I'm hoping they'll implement that space for a *fingerscrossedfingerscrossed* Ironhide. Again, all depending on three more HA figs coming out next year.

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    If not Ironhide, hopefully Jazz.

15. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Jazz died in the first movie and needs to stay dead! I'd go for Jolt or someone else instead.

16. Faxon

Faxon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And we are already getting a HA set that includes replacement Jazz anyway.

17. @l3x

@l3x Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to mention Pontiac doesn't even exist anymore. I could deal with Sideways, if only because his deluxe mold is MILES away from resembling the final CGI model.

18. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They Should do Ironhide or Ratchet, I want this really badly but I can't find it up here in the Green Mountains where all of us Drive Cows to Work and School:) , SS look cool, but need to see more and I will kill for Skids.

19. anti-hero

anti-hero Well-Known Member

Anyone else think the Sam figure fits in better with the deluxe car scale? Obviously not to fit inside, but just standing outside of the car?

Put me down in the camp of eventually wanting to see a Jazz in this line. Pontiac is done, but that didn't stop them from using that mold for Smokescreen (yeah, that's a repaint and this would be an all new mold). Plus they never did Jazz justice with any figure from the first movie, besides maybe the RR version.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The more I see this figure, the more I want it. At the prospect of having a Barricade to go with this Bumblebee, I'll probably get both (also getting Deluxe Barricade to go along with the Deluxe Bumblebee I already have). I still may pass on them in the end, but I have a feeling that I'll be getting at least one of the HA sets.

As for the idea of putting Jazz into this sub-line, I'm all for it. It'd be really nice to see how they could improve upon his toys at this scale. They could really give him pretty much any human character from the first movie. Though I personally would absolutely love to see them make a Defense Secretary John Keller figure. I mean, come on, who wouldn't want a tiny action figure of Jon Voight?

It'll be interesting to see who, if anybody else, gets made at this scale. Though I'm having a harder time imagining them making Ironhide without either making an out-of-scale figure, or bumping up the price for him and any other similarly larger characters, like Ratchet.