Hulkie vs Hercules: which one do you suggest?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ThrustJan, Oct 25, 2019.

1. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Hi I could buy a 3rd party Devastator because my UW is too big to display and I prefer Constructicons in bot mode.
    I've noticed that Hulkie has good dimensions similar to G1,just as I wanted, and althugh less important, also bot modes are good.
    I wanted to know if you suggest this or Hercules ,if has aged well,and if both have good plastic.
    Then,very important: has Hercules sections that could make bleed or is rather safe?

I plan to display combiner on shelves not inside glass, here's my question.
    Please let me know which is best combiner between 2.
    Bye and thanks very much!

2. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Hulkie is tiny.... like 7 inches tall combined. Hercules is a bit bigger than the standard CW size.

Another option is Generation Toys' Gravity Builder. Theres the original and a few ko's. The one I have is the cheaper one that runs about $75 and looks good with my Siege Decepticons.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Downsized Ko CW Devy

• Like Like x 5
  4. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yep

5. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

I would suggest Hercules and the Rage of Hercules upgrade kit, but they are less pure-G1 and more classics. There is the downsized CW Devastator KO, but that does include all the flaws that come with the CW Devastator, such as lack of elbows in several of the individual constructicons and a feeling of hollowness.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ThrustJan

Could be a great choice ,I like modern versions and I'd have taken G1 version only for small dimensions.
    Hercules could be OK. Sorry for question,is very important,is plastic sharp?
    Then transforming bots and combiners is easy?

I never had a 3rd party bot and I'd like one that doesn't hurt.

7. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Could always check out the MakeToys Green Giant. He's a decent size if you like the styling. He's solid when put together and looks pretty darn nice to me. Bots aren't G1 dead accurate though if that's an issue for you.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Hyoumaru

No, Hercules' plastic isn't sharp, if anything it's very beveled, smooth and dense.

the problem with Giant is he's a bit undersized compared to other CHUG combiners, in addition to the fact the individual Constructicons look even further removed from the original G1 designs than the Hercules Constructicons do.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you decide on herc, I'll gladly let mine go on the cheap.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Completely depends on what your end goals are. If you like shelf presence and big bots, Hercustator is the way to go. Plus you can still find the Rage upgrade kit in some places if you're going for a G1 look over IDW (Personally I keep mine in IDW, I've got too many other devies that follow the G1 look).

But if you're going for a smaller shelf and actually want to take it down and fiddle and pose it every now and then, Hulkie's your bot. Hell for the price you can find him or the KO's on Ebay, get 3: one for bot mode, one for alt mode, and one for combined mode. Hulkie is THE VERSION that I always wanted as a kid instead of the dollar-store KO's of those G1 bricks. Love this little guy, it will be with me always.

Herc can be a little unstable at times, floppy at some of the connectors, but the individual vehicle and bot modes make great display pieces. Hulkie....I need a legion of every combiner done in this style, like yesterday.

You'll enjoy either way.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I'm personally going to go for TFC Hercules at some point in the future, since he scales well with the combiners of the Prime Wars trilogy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hyoumaru

That was my primary motivation for Hercules really, and he's worked out just fine for that reason.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThrustJan

Hmmm at the moment I go for Hulkie ,is very posable,G1 style,stays on shelf and easy to assemble.I'll proceed very soon.

However I was thinking a new thing just now,very important. Understand why on all board ,Toyworld Constructor is so praised.
    I could buy one in 2020 ,is expensive at the moment and too big ,but I prefer to wait for him than other options on CW sizes Devastator.Is just too beautiful! I'd pass a lot of new Transformers just for this combiner alone.
    Gravity Builder is beautiful but doesn't appear as menacing as a Devastator should do for some reasons.

Sorry just a thing that for me is very important:compared to other 3rd party toys,is Toyworld Constructor rather easy to assemble and without sharp pieces?
    Thank to you all again,you're very kind!

14. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Why don't you buy the KO Hasbro Devastator?

If UW Devy is too big, why would you ponder Constructor?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. w00t

w00t Well-Known Member

16. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think this is suitable to their needs it's about as un-fun as it's possible to get in terms of transforming the damn thing. It's also covered in sharp edges.

The Gravity Builder & It's Various KO's might not be quite suitable and they have already said they don't like the combined mode.

I'd suggest perhaps the medium size Hulkie KO or the slightly larger Wei Jiang Hulkie KO. and failing that the Combiner Wars KO.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ThrustJan

Thank you so much :)  ! I prefer Constructicons especially in UW version and so Giant has some sharp edges,better to avoid.
    With Hulkie,I'd buy also Wei Jang KO because larger,and I think that quality is very good ,and NBK Gravity builder. NBK if transformed sometimes remains stable?For me is important having a Devastator that with back substained by wal remains stable and with no Constructicons arms falling after a while .I'd buy NBK Gravity for Constructicons and create Devastator rather often for fun . Instead Hulkie and his bigger KO especially for combiner also prefer much more that combiner headsculpt compared to NBK.

Constructicons are some of my Transformers favorites and I'd leave several characters to buy, in order to have a lot of their versions in my little collection.

18. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well The NBK might need some trimming as they tend to have a lot of mould point flash left on them - I won't deny the arms are not super tight in combine mode - they legs are fine the arms can sometimes slight off the shoulder though. Daban is the same as the GT ones only glossy finish not matt but they cost a bit more than the NBK - the Jin Bauo ones are better value for money but kinda huge. The JJ ones are best avoided unless buying them to part swap.

The Hasbro Combiner Wars original is kinda huge too and not the best value for money.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheRebirth

TheRebirth Well-Known Member

Have you seen this version? Goes great with cw stuff...

20190527_154446.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

I've never had issue with the looks of the CW one, so the downscale version is fine if you just want G1 look. If you intend to play with him and build quality, Transformation, articulation are important Hercules will stomp him.

Giant looks great in a stoic pose but I owned that one too and he really isn't a fun figure to mess with(imo). Gravity builder and all his KOs will be way bigger than any CW stuff. If you want to scale CHUG/Seige Hercules remains the best Devy.