Hugo Weaving talks Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by eagc7, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The amazing thing is, out of all of the voice actors in the movie, Hugo does the best job. Pretty impressive considering the dude literally walks into wherever he records his lines, reads them and leaves. It shows how great of an actor he is.

2. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    While I'll admit that Weaving can do a good Megatron, I'm not surprised in the least that he'd say something like this regarding his role in the films.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Meaningless and pathetic is about the best way to sum up movie Megatron.

Part of me wonders how Weaving might have changed the delivery of his lines if he had a deeper understanding of the character and what was going on in the films. But then again it seems like the whole production team was rather lost on character and story in the mad dash to cram in more explosions and rush the film out without proper editing.

4. Nova Prime

Nova Prime New Member

I actually really enjoyed Hugo's Megatron. Was it the best Megatron voice ever? Maybe not, but I thought it fit the movie version of Megs rather well. Also, as others have stated just because he wasn't emotionally invested in the films doesn't neccessarilly mean he phoned it in. Many actors end up getting roles in films that they normally wouldn't give two craps about. For them it's just a job. Nothing more. When they come to do a panel at Comic-Con and see thousands of nerds hyperventilating over them all they're thinking is "when the hell can I get out of here?" It's good to be a passionate fan just don't expect everyone who works on it to be as passionate as you are. Anyway, I understand it can be a bit frustrating as a fan, but that's the way it is, and the way it will always be...

5. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Transformers Prime megatron would like a word

But about Weaving, he's been whining about a few of his roles lately. Look at how he trashed Red Skull

6. Chalice

Chalice ليس هناك ما هو صحيح، فكل

News Credits:
    Two really relevant quotes, both from Michael Caine(aka Alfred in Batman Begins etcetc)

'I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.'

'First of all, I choose the great roles, and if none of these come, I choose the mediocre ones, and if they don't come, I choose the ones that pay the rent.'

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I think Weaving did a good job, but it would have been nice to hear someone who may have had some passion for the role.

Welker's G1 MEGS most likely would not have fit at all, but he can do other voices. And he wasn't the only option.

8. SeekerofTruth20

SeekerofTruth20 Prime of Primes

I loved Weaving as Megatron, and I totally see where he's coming from. For him, it was just a voice role. And I would be indifferent toward a character that had minimal contribution to dialogue and screen presence as well. Movie Megs was cool, but he was soooo watered down. Movie one was where I thought he was at his best. My opinion.

9. Animattronic

Animattronic Electro Synth Rock Star

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still hate the movies.

I'll never pay money to see another transformers movie.
    I stopped after the 1st one.

I hate what the franchise itself has turned into...They should try coming up with new lines instead of reusing old G1 quotes. Hearing them all the time in the movies, cartoons, and games makes me hate transformers.

I was a big fan.

So far I've only been able to trust High Moon's Transfomers games.

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Exactly what I'm getting at. :lol 

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Weavings Megatron is a generic big monster voice. It work for the awful movies. Walkers Prime Megatron voice is fantastic.

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Awww.... but his line "I can smell you boy" from the 1st film was way better than any other time when Welker's Megatron said it.

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Hey, anybody remember how Frank Welker declined reprising Megatron in Beast Wars because of money and he couldn't it it into his schedule?

He obviously didn't care then...

14. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Pretty much that. You hire Hugo Freaking Weaving for a main character on 3 of your movies worth almost a billion dollar, against your own fanbase's best wish and simply out of spite, and you don't even meet the guy???

To be fair, Nimoy wasn't actually proud of his role as Galvatron in the original TF Movie either. I guess it comes with maturity.

15. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

he kind of sounds like a disinterested douche to me, in a way...yeah i was in this movie but i didnt care too much about it...meh...

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I only recall how he couldn't fit it into his schedule. Money was never brought up.

17. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was just a job. Nothing more, nothing less. He didn’t really have to do much (maybe one or two days of “work”?), but I’m sure the pay check was more than adequate.

18. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Insinuating that Bay didn't meet Weaving in person* out of spite instead of, you know, scheduling problems, time constraints and geography?

*Note, "meeting" someone via video conference is still "meeting" them, even if it isn't in person.

19. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Thanks to how technology is evolving, the way Weaving never physically met with Bay is likely going to become more prevalent, I daresay common, in the professions you don't really need to meet your superiors in person (voice acting, commercial illustration, music, web design, etc.). Assuming of course it isn't standard practice now, which very well could be the case.
    Doesn't mean they're any less dedicated or professional.

Also, I find it kinda funny people keep bringing up Frank Welker as being dedicated to Megatron ,but not David Kaye (who, y'know, voiced Megatron in 5 separate cartoons).

20. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'mean he played a new character named Megatron that was inspired by the original for 2 series (and gave an excellent performance), and dubbed him in 3 mediocre anime series. I'm not surprised he's not talked about as much other than for Beast Megatron.