HTS SDCC 2015 exclusives anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Slugslinger81, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ditto, I also did separate orders and could have snagged the magic set for a friend but was going for my TF stuff first...could have done the TF's dead last haha. Ah well. Should have learned from last year :p 
    My concern is that I have other items besides Devy, so I'm hoping those don't get crushed..ugh...

2. fake

fake Return to Innocence

MY AntMan set came with the one brown papers too. I discard boxes so it didnt really matter.

3. HairyDawg

HairyDawg UGA - Go Dawgs!

Good luck with that. Stormtrooper crushed by Devy. Just picked it up at FedEx office. Typical HTS packing. One strip of packing paper. Oh well. Still thinking back to how TRU shipped some of the MP Soundwaves and it wasn't that bad...

4. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ugh thanks for the info...Yeah at least I believe TRU has learned, I received my MP BS and it came with some bubble packing at least.

5. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

They used my Stormtrooper as packing material for the MTG set I ordered that wasn't for me. As you might expect, things did not turn out well for the Stormtrooper packaging.

I called to complain and e-mailed pictures, because with that figure the whole point basically IS the packaging, since there will be a normally packaged version in the regular Black Series. Seeing it that crushed was a major disappointment.

6. thewiredknight

thewiredknight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone have photos of the packing as far as damage goes? I'm honestly curious now.

7. Mopwr

Mopwr Well-Known Member

I have a photo I can post, suffice to say one of my packages was so badly packed that it arrived OPEN and with the one piece of packing material hanging out. The tape wasn't even properly adhered to the box. I honestly expected that the contents might have already fallen out.

By some miracle the content of the box manged to stay in the center and avoid and major damage. I took the picture before opening with the full expectation that the contents were destroyed.

Attached Files:

8. Mopwr

Mopwr Well-Known Member

And in case you thought this was just a one-off coincidence, here's the other part of the order:

Attached Files:

9. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dang that sucks. What did they say when you complained?

10. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

They asked for pictures of the item and told me that the best they'll likely be able to do is refund my money after I send the figure back.

I'm honestly not mad, just very disappointed and I'd rather have the figure with intact packaging than my $25.00 back, since it'll cost me a lot more than that to replace it. I really wish their fulfillment department would learn how to adequately pack things so this sort of thing didn't happen.

11. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know even though I missed out on the Stormtrooper(no thanks to HTS Server)I ordered mine from BBTS and mine came in really great shape.At the end of the day I am happy I paid the 60 bucks for mine.

TE=Zer0;12821354]They used my Stormtrooper as packing material for the MTG set I ordered that wasn't for me. As you might expect, things did not turn out well for the Stormtrooper packaging.

I called to complain and e-mailed pictures, because with that figure the whole point basically IS the packaging, since there will be a normally packaged version in the regular Black Series. Seeing it that crushed was a major disappointment.[/QUOTE]

12. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    Hey gang, I'm just checking in because I'd like to submit my application for "Burned by poor packing from HTS." Is this the right place?

I've been quite lucky all these years ordering from HTS but with these SDCC Exclusives my luck ran out. Combiner Hunters box massively dented and smashed in one one end, KREO Class of '85 box has some dings, and poor GI Joe KREONs got Destro'd and smashed in on the end. Going to try and complain to CS since they are all still available online, but not holding out much hope for a good remedy. Sucks because of all the few times I actually care to keep the packaging it's with a nice exclusive. Boo!

13. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    FYI in case anyone opted for fast shipping -

FedEx Service Alerts

FedEx Express National Service Disruption

Last Updated: August 6, 2015
    FedEx Express experienced substantial flight and sort disruptions at the Memphis hub last night due to severe thunderstorms. Potential delays are possible for package deliveries across the U.S. with a delivery commitment of August 6, 2015. FedEx is committed to provide service to the best of our ability. Please continue to check fedex.com for updates.

14. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    My order of Combiner hunters, and both kreo sets arrived intact. All good.

15. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for this info, hopefully mine was able to pass through that, which I'm thinking it should have.

Thanks for the info on the packaging, I think the main issue is if there's a Dev in the packaging then whatever else is with him is pretty much done for...

16. Slugslinger81

Slugslinger81 Well-Known Member

[/QUOTE]

Same here, I had preorder the stormtrooper and Antman set from BBTS in case I missed out (which I did) I did cancel my Antman preroder as I was able to get him from HTS...how did you pay 60 for the stormtrooper, I paid 49.99 for him, did BBTS restock him at a higher price?

17. newOrder

newOrder LowLife Republic

Instagram:
    no paper at all, luck my Fedex guy was gentle on Devy

[​IMG]

18. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here, I had preorder the stormtrooper and Antman set from BBTS in case I missed out (which I did) I did cancel my Antman preroder as I was able to get him from HTS...how did you pay 60 for the stormtrooper, I paid 49.99 for him, did BBTS restock him at a higher price?[/QUOTE]

Yes, BBTS raised the price. I was able to get mine at the 49.99 before it went up.

19. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Transformers Kreo set and Combiner Hunters arrived today. No packing materials whatsoever. Fortunately, each one only received one minor corner ding. Got lucky!

What I don't understand is, the SDCC Exclusives are definitely for the Collector market, not everyday kids, why does HTS not take care of our purchases to ensure they are protected? The dollar amount we are shelling out should more than cover a lil extra love and care! Don't guess we'll ever win that battle... Just my thoughts and opinions.

20. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Stormtrooper's here, but it got dropped off at the apartment leasing office and since I'll be at a con for the next three days... can't get it until probably Tuesday actually to inspect the damages.

But at least it's here.