HTS SDCC 2015 exclusives anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Slugslinger81, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Called as well to make sure no holds on my account. All good hope they ship it today. Found out as well from the rep that the Strange set was 2 per house hold, no wonder that thing sold out fast, while the Hunters were 1...

2. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    My order (Combiner Hunters, Kreo '85, New Order Stormtrooper) shipped today from Jonestown, Pennsylvania. Expected arrival Monday. Personally I was expecting more than a day for them to ship out of the warehouse.

Big chromed figures are not my cup of tea, so I didn't go in for Devastator (or Metroplex in 2013 though I considered it for the extras). A G2 Devastator, yellow or orange, would have been a huge want of mine though. Even if it had chrome. Such a missed opportunity. That might have convinced me to go all in on picking up all of the G2 CW box sets. Instead I'm probably sticking to the regular retail releases plus Victorion.

Combiner Hunters looks great to me. I love how those paint schemes pop on the figures. A bit spendy at $25/figure +shipping&tax, but still worth it for me. I do agree the figures will sell better when they reference something from TF history rather than being something new.

Looking forward to the Class of '85. I hope they do an '86 and '87 the next two years!

3. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Swerve’s Best Customer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Crazy enough my stuff already arrived! XD Which is quite weird but awesome at the same time lol

4. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Yea, it's almost $90 here after tax and shipping. Some somewhat cool paintjobs and ridiculously stupid weapons aren't worth double what I originally paid for the three on their first release.

Not to mention Chromia is just meh and G1 Arcee looks like she is cosplaying as the IDW version due to that smile.

No wonder the set isn't selling out.

This should have been a store exclusive (or a specialty exclusive) to tie into the comic a little better, it might have done a bit better. If I could have walked into my comic shop this morning and grabbed it for $50 or so when I picked up the comic I would have done it.

5. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    Hah! That is awesome but weird. The shipping (FedEx?) drop off for one of the HTS warehouses must be the same location the truck leaves for deliveries for your residence! Mine was picked up from the warehouse at midnight, and hit the first FedEx facility at 5:40am, the second at 5:45am, so I can see if you are close enough to a warehouse getting that shockingly early delivery. I actually receive FunPub shipments the next day using USPS.

6. Sdangler6565

Sdangler6565 Hi, my name is Scott. I’m a plastic crack addict

Thanks for this info. I called and there was in fact a hold on my order. Something to do with duplicate orders or something. All good now.

7. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still waiting for my trooper to ship..

8. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah they're trying to catch scalper's or peeps who want more then 1 who've ordered multiple on various accounts.

9. Mrmwforce

Mrmwforce Tracks' #1 Fan!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh no sorry, I did not mean that.

Basically IDW sold 4 SDCC exclusive cover comics at the show. All 4 were exclusive covers representing the Combiner Hunters characters.

Hasbro gave away the Combiner Hunters one shot for free with any Transformers exclusive purchase

The books are:

All 3 Combiner Hunters on the cover: Combiner Hunters one shot (this was sold at IDW and given away for free at Hasbro)

Arced cover: Transformers 42

Chromia cover: MTMTE 42

Windblade cover: Windblade 4

Basically what I was saying was the addition to the Combiner Hunters figures it was really cool to have an IDW tie in exclusives to go along with it.

It will be I interesting to see if anyone who ordered this set from HTS also get the comic like we got it for free at the con.

10. Slugslinger81

Slugslinger81 Well-Known Member

LMAO...just came from PA last week, had to drive through NY, some old lady in her late 60's told me to F off cuz I had a Red Sox's hat on...kinda rude but made my day cuz it was hillarious as hell!!!

11. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    Thanks to all the folks mentioning calling HTS to check on their orders. I did the same, and wasn't going to thinking they were only placing holds on bigger orders ($500 or more). They actually did hold mine, and I guess they run holds for any household/e-mail address that placed more than one order. They cleared my order once they verified some of my information.

I made two different orders since I figured it would take too long for me to go in and out of my cart to add my second item; it was the product pages that were taking the longest to load. So if you did similar or ordered more than once, it may be wise to give HTS a call and check in.

12. Sdangler6565

Sdangler6565 Hi, my name is Scott. I’m a plastic crack addict

My wife would kick my a$$ if I bought more than one Devy. I'm glad they have a system in place to prevent scalpers from easily cleaning them out. Just glad I called.

13. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Ah, thanks for the clarification! I'll let you know when my set arrives!

Oh and I ended up getting 2 Kreo sets, ordered one on the phone, one on the laptop. Don't suppose anyone wants to swap me an 84 for an 85?!!

14. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Thanks for all that! Tax rules are so complicated here, miss Europe for its Tax inc prices. Don't miss that the rate is around 20% though, lol!

15. HairyDawg

HairyDawg UGA - Go Dawgs!

And Devy and Kreos are out of stock... I imagine they will pop back up but surprised both took this long.

16. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Wow. That's surprising. The Hunters 3-pack is still there.

17. HairyDawg

HairyDawg UGA - Go Dawgs!

And both are back...

18. TransfanG1

TransfanG1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally got my shipping notice, be on the lookout peeps, yours will probably be following shortly!

19. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too.

20. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    And scalpers everywhere cried.