HTS SDCC 2015 exclusives anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Slugslinger81, Jun 29, 2015.

1. TransfanG1

TransfanG1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just FYI for anyone who placed a high dollar order (mine was $300+). I just called for shits and giggles and there was hold on it. So if you want your goodies quicker I'd recommend a quick call to CS.

2. MulkPrime

MulkPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ant-man 5-pack back in Stock.

3. Slugslinger81

Slugslinger81 Well-Known Member

Judging by how long some of these have lingered on HTS, it appears that Hasbro had higher production runs on these "exclusive" figures. Granted, this years exclusives aren't as appealing as the previous years were, but most of these would be sold out by now; I know many buy these for their exclusivity/rarity/second market value but not sure how rare or how much they will fetch with ebay now flooded...I'm glad that many got to purchase the item(s) they wanted to get without having to resort to ebay, hopefully this is a positive trend and HTS will keep making improvements...for those of us who may have missed out on the now sold out items...the restocks are uncoming, unfortunately unlike yesterday's annouced sale...these we will have to patiently wait for to come back in stock.

4. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Swerve’s Best Customer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Tumblr:
    Woke up to a notice saying my Stormtroopers have shipped! :D 

5. Slugslinger81

Slugslinger81 Well-Known Member

That's awesome news, has anyone else received a notice that their order has shipped, I'm still awaiting for mine.

6. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Didn't care for anything to buy that I wanted or "collectible" enough to make a buck off of this year.

Clicked on it for shits and giggles today and was pleasantly surprised to find the majority of it still available.

That is good to see, maybe more people can get their hands on it and not waste a day of their lives in the future.

7. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I would've considered that Combiner Hunters set, but not for $75. Jesus Christ.

8. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  9. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    Yeah I could've sworn the original price was supposed to be $65.

Doesn't make it any better there's tax and shipping. Spendy little deluxes.

10. do0t

do0t Well-Known Member

92$ shipped. Agree, its crazily priced, but bought as gift for wife. I save my pennies and invest wisely... money in money out. :]

11. fake

fake Return to Innocence

The MTG set just came back in stock for 10s

12. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh man, that's what I'm used to.

I'd think it's also bc these past 2 years' exclusives are less desirable? Could be wrong with actual stock numbers.....

I'm shocked all the TF and Joes are still in shock.

For me personally, this and last year, I've had zero desire for any of the exclusives (which is fine with me). From 2007 to 2013 I've always really wanted some TF exclusive. Most desirable were the GI Joe/TF crossovers.

13. Mrmwforce

Mrmwforce Tracks' #1 Fan!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The combiner Hunters was my favorite set that I bought this year at SDCC. Pricy? Yes! But the set is BEAUTIFUL a and cool to collect the 4 different comics that went with the set (one exclusive cover for each character and the Combiner Hunters special

14. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Sorry, am.I reading correctly that this.set includes 4 comics?

15. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  16. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Yeah man. They bring it down a bit, I'll bite, but that's just too rich for me right now.

I thought the Knights of Unicron set was too high last year (I know, sacrilegious, but that set was too batshit insane not for me to want), but managed to get it cheaper and with free shipping due to some kind of coupon code glitch, and that was certainly worth it, but this I'll probably have to pass on.

18. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They better ship my stuff from CA, because stuff shipped from PA always shows up broken! Probably bitter Eagles fans. :thumbdown  Go Niners!

20. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just called HTS customer service to follow up on my order and there was indeed a hold (same deal as last year) on my order so after giving them some information to verify my order they are releasing it to go to the warehouse.

All in all besides a few minor glitches this year went pretty smoothly, much better than the last few years. I hope it's the same system next time, with an announced date ahead of time. I think the upcoming Takara Devy as well as the recent domestic version most certainly hurt the sales of the SDCC one. Unlike the chrome thighs on Metroplex who really was clamoring for purple chrome on Devy?

As for the KREO Class of 85 I'm surprised that one isn't gone yet. The first one sold out quickly and maybe they made more this year? Still hoping for a "Class of 1986" next year with many of the movie characters (Galvatron, Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr, Unicron, etc.) as I don't collect the individual/blind pack Kreons.

Marvel is looking pretty strong (perhaps due to the movies) with almost complete sell out - that Ant Man/Giant Man set keeps shrinking and expanding out of view :) . Star Wars and Magic fans still prove to be quite rabid but GI JOE looks to be sadly fading.

I guess the high price ($149.99) makes it too hard to flip but I thought this would have done well with the upcoming movie later this year. If this figure was released before Botcon 2014 when Samantha Newark was a guest I might have picked one up to get signed but otherwise I had no interest.