HTS SDCC 2015 exclusives anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Slugslinger81, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, thanks to being on vacation and trying to do this on an iPad w/ some half-assed wifi, I had the MTG set and the First Order trooper and lost them by the time my order processed. I did manage to get the tiny Ant Man. I'm skipping Devs altogether and the Combiner Hunters were about $15 too expensive for my blood.

2. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

The only thing I wanted was that Combiner Hunter Set. While I agree that the price HTS asked for it is still a bit too high, I'd rather pay the combined total of about 87 dollars as compared to the $139.99 on BBTS and TFS.

3. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

There are a lot of gray areas when it comes to sales tax. Some rules are state by state but can change depending on nexus (a presence in a particular state). I worked for a company who was audited and we didn't always pay sales tax on shipping because some of our vendors didn't charge us sales tax. We found out during the audit we were still responsible for the tax and had to pay. This also opened up our vendors to audit. From then on if a vendor did not charge us proper tax we accrued the cost and paid the taxes directly to the city and state when applicable.
    Here are a few links that might help.

Is Shipping Taxable?

When Online Sellers Should Collect Sales Tax

4. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    Since hts only ships from Rhode island how come they charge sales tax to everyone?

Edit: checked my last order and I meant PA. Rhode island is where I think Hasbro corp is based?

5. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    May complicate the answer, and thank you LadyStarscream for your guidance, but my SDCC items always ship from Chino, CA rather than RI.

6. LadyStarscream

I am going to assume Hasbro has nexus (a presence) in every state, which means they are filing tax returns in all states. If they are not paying taxes in each state then they shouldn't be charging us tax at all. I tried challenging MattyCollector on their questionable taxing, but they never would give me a straight answer.

Edit:
    to complicate things further, HTS ships my stuff from PA and OH, I looked at two boxes I have on hand. Nexus would count as having a warehouse.

7. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One thing I've always been curious about... Lets say an SDCC item stays in stock for an extended amount of time. Will they lift the limit of 1 per person eventually? Like maybe a week or month later, will they let you purchase another? You would think if they struggle to get rid of an item, they would remove the limit. Any thoughts or personal experience with this?

8. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

Agreed. I ordered mine this afternoon - glad there wasn't any hullaballoo with the website when I did - and while I thought the price was a little painful, it wasn't as bad as I saw on ebay over the last two weeks (which I thought was odd, considering we all knew these were coming to HTS). I'd have picked up a legion class Fix-it if they had any in stock, and legends Rodimus and Skywarp if I hadn't already ordered those from Captured Prey.

Too bad the discount code didn't work with them, though, I wouldn't have minded an extra 10% off.

Looking forward to seeing these in person!

9. LadyStarscream

I don't know if they ever lift the limit since its programmed on their site as 1 or 2 per person, but people have had success placing second orders after their initial orders shipped and during restocks. If there is something you want, no harm in trying once your first order is in hand or on the way. I never tried it, but I did have an order cancelled because someone who had their own billing address and did not live with me had their order shipped to my house because they were going to be out of town and it was for an item I had also ordered.

10. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Because that's not true? I live in New Jersey and every single thing I get is shipped from PA.

11. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the input! I'll definitely give it a try once my original order ships! (Given they're still in-stock) :thumb 

12. EMP Starscream

News Credits:
    Okay so PA (I actually meant this in my initial post), OH, and CA shipping origins so far.

I'm still not seeing a Minnesota presence.

13. LadyStarscream

14. EMP Starscream

News Credits:
  15. grune7

grune7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah normal items ship from Pennsylvania SDCC items ship from California. SDCC stuff ships FedEx ground regular stuff usually goes FedEx smartpost

16. LadyStarscream

Only HTS can answer that but legally speaking they must have a presence in each state and must file tax returns in those states.

17. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I feel guilty I want an sdcc item solely for its packaging. Anyone want to sell their devy's box? lol

18. DavidT

DavidT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ant-Man 5-pack now gone!

19. LadyStarscream

It's about time! I thought that set was actually a good value and really cool!

20. orionpax636

orionpax636 What the...?

News Credits:
    I generally avoid chrome, but that SDCC head is my ideal choice for Devastator. (I specifically sought training on how to paint retail Metroplex's face metallic silver just because I hated the chrome face on the SDCC one.) If not for that aspect, I'd go as many are with Takara's Devs because it really is getting the features of all the releases. Sadly TFW's in-hand gallery for SDCC Devs doomed me.:( 

As for the Trooper, is it generally accepted that once you get your confirmation e-mail, you're home-free? I'll call it a success when he shows up on my doorstep. As of now, HTS has my order status as both Devs and the Trooper set to ship out tomorrow.

Commenting on what some have been saying in this thread, I've always speculated that the bigger price items and recent Transformers in general will never be a threat to disappear like Marvel Legends, Magic and Star Wars. If I remember correctly, Bruticus, most of the movie sets, maybe Metroplex and the Dinobots/Ark set all restocked and lingered eventually. 'Plex may be the only one that flew out the door as the first Titan and a perceived better alternative to the retail version.

I'd think throwing down more than $140 for a figure is daunting to the secondary market and even more daunting if you're physically at SDCC and would have to lug around a Titan class figure and then ship it to yourself on top of paying to buy it.