how would you write the WFC Trilogy

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by bigfootRULES, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Chubzhac

Chubzhac Member

Twitter:
    For Part 1, I would have tightened the story more. It felt like the writers were trying to squeeze in too many plot threads into the short amount of time they had and it made the narrative feel cluttered as a result. Also, I would have had Elita-1 be more rebellious since she frequently criticizes Optimus's plans but follows them anyway.

For Part 2, I would have found a way to have "Earthrise" be set on modern day Earth instead of in space and gave the cast their human vehicle modes. I also would have had Deseeus and the mercenaries be front and center as the main antagonists instead just showing up for just two episodes.

For Part 3, I would given more elaboration on the backstory of the Maximals and the Predacons instead of just vague allusions to what the future Cybertron is like. I would have also had BW Megatron's sycophant attitude be a front for a bigger scheme to steal the Golden Disc's knowledge for himself and would have had him and OG Megatron have a fight over it. I also would have given the show a definitive conclusive rather than end it on a cliffhanger since, unless the next toyline is a sequel to WFC, it's unlikely that the Unicron subplot will be concluded.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

cool. how would you involve the Humans in Earthrise? allies or minor characters?

3. Chubzhac

Chubzhac Member

Twitter:
    I would I gone the Cyberverse route and kept them mostly in the background, existing in the story but unimportant to the Autobots battles against the Decepticons and the Quintessons.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Metro Prime

Metro Prime Frustrated Collector

I would've enjoyed this story a lot more because it makes more sense than what we just watched happen. Of course the seasons would have to contain more episodes with some of the side action you casually mention, but I know I would've eaten it up.

Thank you for your input here. I've enjoyed this more than I've enjoyed the entire series lol.

• Like Like x 2
  5. WreckAndRoam

WreckAndRoam Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    alright, we’ll bend that reality enough they gave me hour long season premieres and finales.

well, let’s finish this bad boy off.

Kingdom: Episode 1

Beast Wars Megatron exits their ship, seeing they’re still on Cybertron, Unicron is in the sky, and this isn’t in any history record he ever scanned.

His crew is BlackArachnia, Dinobot, Tarantulus, Waspinator, and Skorponok (another reality bend, we get Tarantulus and Waspinator). Tarantulus reveals that time is broken, there’s a time storm overhead and also a Unicron and they are in the distant past. BWMegs vows to use this to his greatest advantage, specifically rubbing in Dinobot’s face the opportunity being at this time presents these time travelers to make Predacons the faction in charge instead of the hated Maximals, and his prior off screen defection to Primal and his ilk was pointless.

Tarantulus laughs and notes truly pointless as they reveal they have extracted Dinobot’s spark from his body and use it for his loyal servitude now, Rampage-style (which also works as a little nod to transmetal 2 dinobot). We have now illustrated BW Megs can rip sparks from bots, and Dinobot’s forced servitude. flash a precacon symbol, spin around, flash an Autobot symbol.

Optimus Prime, Megatron, Rodimus Prime, and their respective armies are fighting the hordes of Black Zaraks and Roritchi’s that command obedience to Unicron. The Roritchi’s combine into a number of different monstrosities backing up the Black Zaraks, but so do the autobot and decepticon weaponizers and modulators to keep the stalemate alive alongside a brief introduction of the Maximals as Primal’s unit joins the frey. It is quickly established Primal doesn’t have a Matrix or his name would be Primatus Prime, not Optimus Primal. But their allegiance to Cybertron over Unicron is doubtless. They aid in the stale mate that continues into

episode 2:

soundwave and wheeljack concur that while Unicron is pressing, they really need to short out the time storm. Rat Trap decides the way to do this involves using the recently crashed out of time Axalon into the time storm. While they’re making this plan, Astrotrain gets ripped in half by a Black Zarak, his spark flies up to Unicron, and a Cyclonus flies out of Unicron. He hunts down this plucky group of heroes as they try to get to the Maximal ship. The trio takes along Bumblebee, Cheetor, and several more expendable bots on this mission. The more expendible bots die and a lot of “cyclonus style” repaints come out of Unicron (anyone want a Purple Hound? lets have a Purple Hound.). Ravage also protecting Soundwave, comes back as Predacon Ravage, acts as the big boss that Rat Trap defeats and leaves Ravage locked on the Axalon as it crashes into the time storm, ending one of the two major threats to Cybertron.

switch to the Predacons, who reveal they also found a use for the temporal energy around their ships (ah hell, let’s call it angelmois energy, Beast Wars 2/Neo style), the Fossilizers are born and BWMegs says the next phase of his plan involves being on Unicron.

Episode 3:

The predacons approach the main commander squad offering their ship as a way to get everyone to Unicron to try to save Cybertron. Tarantulus also reveals given the twin matrixes present that the plan works to one team on cybertron trying to give the skorponok’s back their sentience by re-taking over Shockwave’s machinery and the other uses the Predacon ship, the Ark, and the Nemesis to get into Unicron and stop him from the inside out. Optimus Prime goes Unicron and Rodimus goes Cybertron, I realize that is thematically the wrong choice but I also realize Rodimus’ current place in the franchise. BW Megs goes Unicron, as is his scheme, leaving G1 Megs on Cybertron with Rodimus.

Cyclonus and his repaints attack the cybertronian team, Cyclonus goading Megatron that it is a question of whether it is worse to be Unicron’s dog or the Autobots. They fight. It seems like Cyclonus’ scheme worked in that he was about to divert from fighting Megatron to quickly kill Rodimus, but Megatron jumps in the way, dying, and Galvatron is born.

Episode 4:

first half of the episode looks like the space team is doomed against Unicron, but the Quintesson fleet (and last remaining military vestige of their once proud empire) shows up for revenge on the cybertronians, and gets used as pawns for the cybertronians to sneak past Unicron’s defenses and get in (someone is going through the eye, obviously).

Rodimus fights for his spark against Galvatron and Cyclonus. Primal plays lead backup.

back on Unicron BW Megs and Tarantulus have separated themselves from the group. They begin the process of extracting Unicron’s spark (not knowing Dinobot is watching them unseen).

Episode 5:

BW megs reveals to Tatantulus the plan wasn’t to extract Unicron’s spark so they could use Unicron as a soldier like Dinobot.

It was so Megatron could use Unicron as his new body. (Huh, unintentional Beast Machines fate), BW Megs becomes Unicron and starts to transform, vowing to leave Cybertron unharmed after they accomplish the simple task of ignoring their factions and swearing 100% loyalty to Megacron (yes, that’s the name we’re going with).

Rodimus and Primal use this confusion to unlock Rodimus’ matrix with shockwave’s technology, freeing the (still living) skorponok’s as well as seemingly put down Galvatron and Cyclonus.

to which Megacron notes that bringing back the dead was obviously always in his repertoire. So Galvatron and Cyclonus get back up.

a brief hope in the allicons, sharktacons, and deseeus army drones off quintesson escape pods backing up the cybertronians, but Megacron notes as the fighting continues, more will die, more will become his. (And we see some action from sparkless seeker, sparkless bots, and a prediction of sparkless optimus)

Tarantulus notes this was not what he signed on for, and finds Optimus inside Megacron. Rodimus is apparently still in the act of sending out the energy of his unlocked Matrix because if he stops, Megacron will get the Skorponoks back. But they have a crazy idea that just might work.

Episode 6:

Optimus unlocks his matrix at the same time, this starts harming Megacron, and seems to transform Primal as he fights the undead Galvatron and Cyclonus into Optimal Optimus (because he still refuses Primatus Prime, but Rodimus says ‘whatever you say, primatus’… and we’re just going to reuse the POTP mold for the toyline, with a small retool for wfc ankle tilts).

More fighting ensues. Good seems about to win until Megacron is about to revive Shockwave (all weaponizer combiner kitted out), and then optimal optimus figures out he has a matrix, unlocks it, Megacron is about to be defeated when he seeks his own body to return to but this time Dinobot extracts his spark. Good wins. Evil loses. Hooray. And the third matrix unlock changes any undead unicronian troops to their living original versions.

similar to the actual ending, after the mutual win, Megatron, happy to be alive, is not seeking further conflict… for now.

the end.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Metro Prime

Metro Prime Frustrated Collector

Now that, is quite an epic story. That is the kind of story that could've blown us all away, even without a high caliber of animation. It's always been the story that was important. I'd expect Has-Bruh to know that, because it doesn't matter how much polish you put on a turd. It's still a turd.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WreckAndRoam

WreckAndRoam Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I’ll be honest, I still enjoyed the version we got well enough. But I am thankful for the praise.

last minute rewrite: When Optimus unlocks his Matrix aboard Megacron, this transforms the Ark, cause I forgot to use that toy.

(I still write for the reason Hasbro would want. To sell toys. They should hire me.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    I've dabbled with the idea of a rewrite of Siege (I may or may not commit to writing scripts if I have the time). The basic premise revolves around Optimus Prime and Megatron viewing one another as the reason for the war. They each come to the conclusion that killing the other could put an end to the fighting. As the Autobots prepare for the departure of The Ark, Optimus and a crew of Autobots embark on a journey to Kaon, the "belly of the beast" where Megatron lurks.

• Like Like x 2
  9. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

go for it!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Looking back at the trilogy, what was the point of Quintessons and Scorponok except a mandate to throw new toys in there?

Also I thought for sure Elita and Skyfire would have survived. I liked having the B plot on Cybertron. I was disappointed that sort of ended for season 3.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish Shingo No-Prize

As a outline I'd do it this way:
    Siege, each episode is broken into two ten minute parts each spotlighting an Autobot and Decepticon character from G1 seasons 1 and 2.
    - it's set the eve of the Ark launch
    - Omega Supreme guards the Ark and has successfully warded off a Decepticon attack that cost them a third of their forces. Starscream and the seekers have set up camp and wait for an opportunity to strike.
    - Alpha Trion walks freely into both Autobot and Decepticon camps and collects both Optimus and Megatron taking them on a journey to the core of Cybertron.
    - Prowl commands the Ark as it preps for launch and he has the security team track Soundwave who has infiltrated it.
    - Ultra Magnus leads the Wreckers into the Decepticon base to destroy Shockwaves space bridge project, they also find the Nemesis being prepped and attempt to stop it's launch.
    - the Micromasters are a recent forged breed of Transformers, they've both left their factions and try to convince the newly constructed cold, still aligned Battlemasters to do the same.

Earthrise is just six episodes featuring some of the latter Siege figs and Autobot/Decepticon Kingdoms figs, the series is based more on G1 season three but features the season two Autobots and Decepticons along with a few Siege and Earthrise figs that came from beyond the show.
    - Sky Lynx leaves Cybertron to find the Ark, his journey takes him to Moonbase one and two, Nebulos and Quintessa where he unravels a plot by the Decepticon Zarak, his crew are the 1985 car Autobots and Spirnger.
    - Astrotrain, the coneheads and Battlechargers are in pursuit, Astrotrain is more like his God Gambit and Triple Takeover persona, he proves ruthless even to his own 'bots.
    - A potential Quintessons origin is explored, they are from Cybertron and created by Quintis Prime, as a affront to Vector Sigma they lack sparks and have no loyalty to Quintis who was their prisoner as they deny that origin.
    - The Horrorcons transtectors are from a scan of Astrotrain and Springers triple changing transformations, they have been built to distract the Autobots.
    - Zarak has converted a fallen titan on Quintessa into a Transtector for himself with the Creation Matrix, his plan forces the Autobots and Decepticons to join forces to defeat him.
    - Sharkticon and Allicons are the Quint's latest creations based on Transformer tech.
    - Omega Supreme fights Scorponok.

Kingdoms features mostly the Beast Wars characters and is set in an alternate season one where the timeline has been eschewed from Dark Designs.
    - Rhinox is still a Predacon and upgrades the Darksyde tech, Blackarachnia is still has the Vok power and she is allied with Rhinox as Predacon leader.
    - Megatron is a Maximal prisoner and often interrogated by Rattrap and Dinobot and placed in stasis lock in the beginning of the series, Scorponok plots to free him.
    - Scorponok (G1) has crashed on Earth in the past and is being investigated by both Maximals and Predacons, it also attracts the attention of the Vok.
    - The Vok and their moon disguised planet buster are trumped by Quintis Prime and only one Vok seemingly survives and possesses Blackarachnia.
    - The stasis pods crash, Megatron gains three protoforms and makes the Fossilizers to build up his ranks.
    - Quintis is the main villain, he had a hand in creating the Maximal and Predacon races and he gains control of Scorponok.
    - The Ark is a avatar of the Last Autobot or Vector Prime who is crucial to ending Quintis machination.

• Like Like x 2