how would you write the WFC Trilogy

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by bigfootRULES, Jul 30, 2021.

1. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

now that the trilogy is over, how would you have written it?

I would make it 16 episodes per season, also add more lore like what is the Quintesson's relationship with the Allspark, what happened to Elita-1's rebellion? and does the Time Travel Aspect follow the multiverse theory?

2. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

Aside from the obvious like the voice acting, I'd start with erasing Bumblebee and elita 1, their models being unable to transform was embarrassing and they arent even in the toyline.
    Instead, bumblebees role will go to sideswipe... an often shafted and overlooked character in tf fiction despite his popularity, and would fit the cool guy who plays by his own rules type better than bumblebee did.
    He would start the series, like bumblebee, leading the autobots to energon and a space bridge. His arrogance would be ramped up to 11 and he would proclaim himself the fastest bot around and loves the thrill of a fight. The scene would play out more or less the same. Except Sideswipe would reject primes offer for repairs and go on his own, and we would follow him to his home where we meet his brother red alert. An anxious medbot who has severe PTSD from the horrors he saw on the battlefield. Here, we would see a softer side to sideswipe, hes loving and supportive of red and would do anything to protect him. Red fixes him up and they would have a short conversation where red talks about how the war is getting worse, and they wont be able to hide for much longer. Sideswipe reassures him that he can keep the both of them safe and he has nothing to worry about. Sadly, the seekers tracked sideswipe after he left the battle. They drop missiles on sideswipes home and demolishes it, leaving him buried under rubble and Red alert mortally wounded. Megatron would enter the scene, and red alert would slowly crawl away begging for mercy. His brother looks on in horror as megatron callously executes him, mistaking him for sideswipe, and the decepticons leave as the light fades from sideswipes eyes. This would pick up in the next episode with Ratchet happening upon sideswipe. And taking him in for repairs (Sideswipe is taking parts of Impactors role as well). The experience would greatly humble Sideswipe, and give him a narrow minded goal to kill Megatron. Optimus and gang meet up with Ratchet, much like the show, and Sideswipe is very hostile towards the autobots. Blaming them in part for his brothers death, but begrudgingly joins them due to his debt to Ratchet and his hatred for the decepticons. Over the course of the series, he would witness Optimus' kind heart and the way he speaks to his comrades, truly inspiring them and giving them something to fight for. He even finds himself feeling inspired himself. We reach the finale where optimus and megatron are battling over the allspark. Optimus is left hanging over an edge, and Megatron holds the allspark in his hand... basking in victory. Sideswipe readys his shoulder cannon to take out Megatron once and for all, but realises saving Optimus is the greater good and officially joins the autobots by saving prime, leading to the allspark going through the space bridge. Sideswipe thanks optimus for showing him light again, and they both board the ark.

Elitas role would be taken by ultra Magnus, and would streamline the series emotional core to be about the brotherly bond between Alpha prions pupils, instead of Optimus and megatron + Optimus and his girlfriend?
    Ultra Magnus would start as a proficient warrior and great friend to Optimus, but a reluctant field commander who dosent feel like he belongs as the man giving orders. Instead of willingly surrendering to Megatron, he and a small team would be captured by the decepticons as POWs. He would spend a lot of the season trying to open negotiations and appealing to the bot Megatron used to be... only to discover that the bot he knew died with the war. Jetfire would free the autobots during his defection, and ultra Magnus would finally take his place and lead the revolt in the prison. He would meet back up with Optimus at the arc, and reassure Optimus that he trusts him and his decision to jettison the allspark, but his place is on cybertron and he will continue the fight until prime gets back. He, jetifre, and a few other fight off the decepticons and give the ark the chance it needs to escape.

Now, this is only for siege and is only 1 of the problems I have with the series... I may continue at another time but my fingers are tired and I kind of doubt people have read this far anyway lol.

• Like Like x 2
  3. mn_128875

mn_128875 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Give Optimus prime more than 2 1/2 braincells.

• Like Like x 8
  4. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    I wouldn't.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Did he have that many? I only have one and I thought he was even stupider than me.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t, because I don’t have any writing skills. That would stop me from serving as a writer, and that is what the simpletons with a typewriter should’ve heeded as well.

7. bigfootRULES

oh definitely that.

8. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

I haven't seen the show apart from a few clips, but one thing is certain... I would kick out Optimus, Megatron and Soundwave. I just don't think they're needed anymore and for me, it's just tiresome to have them everywhere.

Again, I get the feeling that I would basically scrap the story as it is and come up with something radically different and much more lively in nature.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Distant1

Distant1 Well-Known Member

Ideally, I would try and fill in the gaps of the original cartoon.

Maybe a series with the first episode covering the birth of Megatron and how Megatron takes the Decepticons from being a rag tag group of misfits into a formidable army. I would then cover the early days of the war and put in a story about the Renegade Decepticons (Combaticons) being imprisoned.

I would cover the fall of the guardian robots.

I would then have an episode covering the depletion of energon and both sides searching the galaxy for new sources of energy. I would have an episode showing the Decepticons being overly ambitious in trying to finish of the Decepticons and losing far more casualties than the Autobots and then the Ark leaving Cybertron.

Last episode would be when Shockwave is the effective leader of the Decepticons.

All in all, I would like to see a series more like Empire Strikes back where it shows the seekers and Reflector amongst others being effective in battle.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WreckAndRoam

WreckAndRoam Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Okay, I’m going to assume I’m constrained to the same episode count and overall toy lines.

Part 1: Siege

Episode 1: Establish quintesson empire rules cybertron. Megatron in the arena, Orion Pax (who I realize I’m already cheating because he doesn’t have a toy, so he’s getting a repaint of Studio Series Kup) in the mines, both laying the seeds of their imminent rebellion about to strike. Heck, set up a third group with ultra magnus/shockwave and a fourth with jetfire/elita-1 in other parts. These “heads of their respective groups of rabble” conspire together to break the quintesson hold over the cybertronian matrix of leadership, which as a macguffin, makes the cybertronians able to be turned into mindless drones (as shown by killing a few recolors) of the quintesson emperor Deseeus.

episode 2: Time to strike was planned, here’s the strike. The quintessons used enslaved weaponizers cog, sixgun, and brunt to bolster their troops for the action build. Including belting out hordes of Brunts as Cybertronian Drones which become weird combiners as they march through our heroes. Heroes tap Omega Supreme for the ultimate distraction. Megatron gets the Matrix, it does not respond to him, before he can re-hook it up into the quintesson machinery that let them control it (and Megatron assumes will do the same for him… So does Shockwave) Orion steps in, massive Matrix reaction, arise Optimus Prime, drones free of quintesson brainwashing. Micromasters (yeah, they were a thing, lets use them) are given back their sentience.

episode 3: Dissolution: winning is one thing, ruling is another. As the former main soldiers of a large galactic empire, Megatron wants Cybertron to realize the strong shall by right rule over the weak and to assume control of the Quintesson empire. Optimus is all about the freedom is the right of all sentient beings. Megatron says they’ll be freer under Cybertronian rule than they ever were under Quintesson rule. Optimus said they just freed Cybertron, not unleashed Quintessons with a different name. It comes to blows. Autobots and Decepticons are born.

Episode 4: It comes to blows for a lot more than just Optimus and Megatron. Splash cuts for 30 minutes through distant parts of the planet violently having the same debate as the leadership. It escalates to civil war. Through the eyes of Doubledealer, Exhaust, Bug Bite, and Soundblaster (mostly soundblaster) we are cynically shown the realization that they just went from being soldiers forced to fight for the quintessons to soldiers who’d be forced to fight for the autobots or decepticons, and this group decides to defect and become mercenaries in space on their own.

Episode 5:

Shockwave’s a monster, Scrapface gets scrapped, Brunt Drones are brought back online under his thrall. Megatron’s Decepticons are forced to yield to Shockwave’s command with his army, his super special toy armor, Decepticons and autobots alike will be scrapped for Shockwave’s imperial machine. The Autobots rescue Megatron’s faction, leading to Jetfire, Mirage, and Impactor defecting (had to pick toys with Decepticon variants). Megatron demands Optimus hand over the Matrix to him, because surely it will accept him this time, and he can make Shockwave kneel. There is absolutely no reason to believe the Matrix will accept Megatron and Wheeljack has informed Optimus that Shockwave is hacking the frequencies of the Matrix itself to do his Quintesson-like tricks of having an army of weaponizer drones and enslaving autobots/decepticons alike. The only way to stop this is to have the Matrix leave the planet via spacebridge (as Shockwave would catch up to whatever ship they used otherwise) and leave some behind to shut the space bridge down, overpower shockwave’s remaining forces, and win the war for cybertron while the matrix is off planet.

Megatron doesn’t trust Optimus with the Matrix and demands to go with. So the Nemesis and Ark will both go through the space bridge with the nemesis clearing the path.

the team left behind will be Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod, Arcee, and Springer. And Kup. I’ve already lifted Studio Series Kup once for this toy line, I’m doing it again.

Episode 6: Shockwave doesn’t go down without a fight. Massive battle. Starscream seems like he betrayed Megatron to Shockwave but actually used his duplicitous reputation to feed Shockwave incorrect information on Megatron’s behalf. Cog and Six Gun make some monster combiner with the powerdashers to fight a Massive monster Brunt and Cybertronian Drones combiner.

Brunt and Drones Weaponize Shockwave himself, he fights off the majority of the leaders except for optimus. He lands a good hit on optimus that starts glowing in a way that oozes foreshadowing that Shockwave isn’t done here. But Optimus does knock him away enough to liberate the ark and nemesis, and our heroes are able to accomplish their plan of get the heck off cybertron, however, Shockwave reveals he did expect this plan when he saw Wheeljack detect his usage of the Matrix and added a temporal displacement configuration to the spacebridge, meaning the ships would be sent to the wrong time. They arrive on Earth in the 20th century c. 1986.

optimus’s shockwave wound festers in the ark, and seems to zoom in to show nanites building inside of him as our final shot of the season is Shockwave plotting.

-

Earthrise

Yeah, I’m going to pull a time jump.

Episode 1: Through recap we learn that the Decepticons and Autobots almost immediately fell out on Earth with Megatron viewing the most efficient means of getting back to Earth is enslave the humans and force them to build and supply material and energy for the spacebridge to return to cybertron. Wheeljack is going mad trying to crack time travel as he figured out Shockwave altered their place in spacetime itself by altering the spacebridge and designs are seen in his lab for prehistoric looking transformers (Dinobots).

Honestly, the autobots aren’t great at protecting humanity (which Optimus bemoans and other bots try to comfort him with assurances that humans haven’t exactly welcomed protection or cooperation, seeing no difference between them and decepticons), and Megatron has successfully conquered the Eurasian supercontinent and got a spacebridge built.

So of course he’s now attacking Optimus for the Matrix.

It’s revealed that humans have built Megatron’s army some Modulators. Combiner shenanigans again. Autobots seem quite well in a bad place.

episode 2: Not all humans are bad. Some found out Megatron had humans built transformers (Nightbird being the first prototype) and built the autobot modulators (including the amazon pack). And they showed up just in time to help “the only hope they feel they might have against Megatron, even if it does mean working with robotic cybertonians”. Armor and combiner shenanigans happen again. Good fights off evil, and Optimus keeps the Matrix from Megatron.

during this conflict, it has shown that over the time jump the nanites from Optimus’ wound have created Nemesis Prime, complete with his own evil Matrix and his mission: Return to Cybertron and Shockwave.

Episode 3: Mercenary Interlude: Doubledealer and his band hear rumors of Unicron from an old bot that had too much oil named Arblus. They shrug it off as they have a job. A stealth mission into Quintesson territory to discover the base of the power network the Quintessons use to control their other enforcers, a planet full of Skorponoks and Fasttracks. (No Black Zaraks and The Fast Track repaint yet, they come later).

They fight a Skorponok and narrowly win, revealing both Doubledealer and Soundblaster use cassette bots as a key component to their victory. They discover the linkup all too similar to the matrix setup the quintessons used on cybertron and report their findings to their client.

Shockwave remarks excellent, and that the next step should arrive in just a manner of time.

-

Episode 4: Nemesis Prime’s escape from the Ark, taking out Autobots one by one. When he arrives at Sixgun and Cromar, he seems to cause a similar wound to the one Optimus had that created him in each, causing evil dopplegangers of both to be made, and they fly him to the Decepticon spacebridge.

where Nemesis prime stealthily and systematically takes the Decepticons out one by one, and a golden disc shoots out of the spacebridge, nemesis takes the disc and information, starts reprogramming the spacebridge, adding in Shockwave’s temporal instructions and jumps inside.

Megatron knows they can now go to their own time, but vows that he needs the Matrix to oppose Shockwave.

Episode 5: Scramble City: Megatron attacks the Autobots again desperately, losing, and revealing the update to the spacebridge. The human created bots and cons turn on all cybertronians and inform them given this information, get the hell off Earth, all of you, now. Go back to your own planet and time. Optimus is averse to working with Megatron again, but Megatron reminds him Nemesis just kicked both their tailpipes and is with Shockwave. And the humans make their insistence clear with their new enforcer who is to join the cybertronians back on their trip to space, Sky Lynx.

Ultra Magnus’ Cybertron team pulls off a daring jailbreak of Omega Supreme, deciding they can’t wait for Optimus any longer and Ultra Magnus has to deal with this now.

and with every loss, shockwave seems to pull a win as Nemesis and the mercs have just handed Shockwave the Quintesson army’s horde of Skorponoks and Fasttracks.

Episode 6:

as Omega Supreme and the bots are finally about to bring down Shockwave’s house of cards, Shockwave’s reinforcements arrive in the nick of time “as planned”

ultra magnus fights a Skorponok and wins with a desperate shot using Rung. Kup and Arcee figure out that if Shockwave and the Quintessons used the Matrix of leadership for evil before, then Nemesis Prime probably has his own Matrix. They to after Nemesis Prime. Kup and Magnus die in the battle, and Arcee and Hot Rod kill Nemesis with Hot Rod ripping the dark matrix out his chest, the matrix is somehow purified by Hot Rod insisting the Matrix is to light dark hours, not just always be used like this as “The Touch” plays. Arise Rodimus Prime. The Skorponoks are granted sentience.

and autobots and megatron return!

and shockwave laughs maniacally stating they should have at least tried to safeguard his technology before using it (sky lynx is bashful about his human creators not allowing the cybertronians extra time now) as a time storm has been created over the space bridge now.

Doubledealer’s crew recoils in horror as they reveal Arblus pointed out part of Unicron’s myth is he destroys what must be destoyed. And planets that create temporal anomalies like time stoms typically fall in that list. Megatron responds by killing Shockwave.

Unicron shows up in the sky.

the time storm shoots out two small ships.

Unicron’s energy starts changing the skorponoks and fasttracks into their respective repaints.

the beast crews leave their ships and observe their surroundings.

“well that’s just prime.”

-

Kingdom

…actually I’m going to stop here for now. If anyone likes it, I’ll probably wrap it up. BW Megs needs to plot in the past, Unicron has to be thwarted and the ark has to transform. Good guys have a Primal, 2 primes, Elita 1, and Jetfire. Bad guys have 2 megatrons. Worst guys have a unicron and an army of skorponoks.

safe bet good guys win.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    I'd write the exact same script, burn it, then moonwalk out of the Rooster Teeth offices.

With the budget & people they had producing that crap, no amount of better writing would've saved it. If anything, watching a better written show get ruined with the talentless voice cast would've been more painful that sitting through the consistently poor show we got.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t, I would have made a completely different story.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Delzord

Delzord Well-Known Member

With a pen.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Imagine writing with a pen and not just typing it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Delzord

Delzord Well-Known Member

I'm old school.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigfootRULES

not bad! i like the trilogy but this is way better.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For Siege I would have begins parts between Optimus and Megatron's friendship and it's eventfully downfall after Megatron killed Sentinel Prime and injury Dion, rest is about the early to final days of the war, and ends with Wheeljack and Bumblebee found those power conductor to led into the G1 cartoon opening scene.

For Earthrise I would set in Earth between season 2 and the Movie, where Doubledealer and some of his goons traveling into 1988 to steal the Matrix from Optimus Prime, also have Ultra Magnus, and the other 1986 Autobots with 80's vehicle Earth modes arrival to Earth to help Optimus and his front of the War with The Battle Changers and Octone arrival for Megatrons crew, and have the ending to be Doubledealer, Wheeljack, and Dirge disappear while Optimus, Inferno, Huffer, Tracks, Warpath, & Ultra Magnus are lost in time with Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave, Skywarp, Thundercracker, & Astrotrain.

For Kingdom easy the Autobots found the Maximals during the Beast Wars, while the Decepticons found the Predacons (with Waspinator in the group too) after Predacon Inferno, Tarantulas, & Terrorsaur also gone missing for unknown reasons, and because of the Void which that three mysterious beings also show that are Galvatron, Scourge, and Cyclonus, also have big pilot twist that Galvatron is actually Galvatron II and the real Galvatron is also in the Void, too, plus Rodimus Prime, Springer, Kup, Blurr, & Arcee also arrival in Prehistoric Earth to have a big final battle, and ends with Vector Prime shows up and imprisoning Galvatron II, also get the both eras Autobots and Decepticons to there respectful timelines and ends with Tarantulas to say "Hey so what we miss?"

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The first thing I would do is establish a set of rules for the universe before doing any sort of plot. These are things like: how strong is everybody, how durable are they, what kind of injuries mean death for a transformer, what powers do they have, how often can they use them, etc

• Like Like x 1
  19. bigfootRULES

i would add Protohumans in Kingdom or at least mention the humans as The Species who made the golden disc.

20. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    My inner GEEWUN manchild is too strong to resist not writing a Sunbow remake. =(

• Like Like x 2