How Would YOU Transform Acree or Similarly-"Shaped" Female Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by orangeitis, Jul 29, 2021.

1. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    We all know that whenever HasTak attempts a Transformer that has a particularly human-shaped female Transformer, it tends to not turn out well. It either turns out to be a shellformer, too compromised in either mode, just a redeco/retool of a male Transformer's mold, or they don't even bother. The most prevalent victim of this seems to be Arcee.

The topic of this thread though; Assuming that it *needs* to be done(and you can't avoid doing it), how would you handle designing a toy Arcee or a character that has a similar bot mode shape?

Personally, my ideal Arcee figure would transform something like this:

Arcee Transformation Concept.png

-This design ignores color; the alt mode would be more white or the bot mode would be more pink
    -The vehicle mode would be small, as most of it would form into Arcee's slender bot mode frame
    -Her head would have a transparent bottom/back section that flips down to form the windshield, and the inside of it forms the bottom of the cockpit
    -Her back forms the middle of the rear section and the back of the cockpit
    -Her legs form the sides of the back and her hips/pelvis split into the sides of the cockpit
    -Her chest extends to the front and forms the hood
    -Her arms fill out the rest of the front, while her shoulder kibble forms the sides of the front
    -A few movable inner frame parts needed to keep her from partsforming

^ it might be hard to pull off in the current Generations scale though, but I'd like to see it.

So how about you? How would you handle them?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think the Thrilling 30 Arcee mold did a pretty decent job, and with slightly more complicated engineering to make her backpack compress a bit better it'd be just about the best possible take on the original G1 design.

• Like Like x 3
  3. deaddude

deaddude Well-Known Member

It might sound weird, but letting her be bigger would help. Part of the problem with trying to achieve this 'fit human woman with a modest backpack' design is that they also try to cram it into a deluxe price point, i.e., a 5-6 inch figure. It's too little room, both physically and financially, to allow for the engineering necessary to hide stuff away. If they attempted Arcee at a Voyager price point, they could probably employ some more tricks to hide alt-mode parts in places other than the backpack.

That being said, I would really prefer they ditch the 'fit woman wearing a modest backpack' design, but I get that we're ignoring that option for the sake of discussion :) 

• Like Like x 2
  4. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    So this might be a bad take because a lot of people hate partsforming but when it comes to the recent lady bot molds, I'd like it if the backpack kibble would just become more. In a similar manner of how a shapeways kit turns T30 Chromia's window into a wind "shield" or fanmade drones for Siege Nightbird. Have it so the parts that can't be incorporated into robot mode be useful in different situations. ER Arcee's "hover board" and extra backkibble would've been a neat riot shield with slight retool for Lifeline as a medical bed.

I agree.

• Like Like x 1