How would you reinvent [X]?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CyberstormSM, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

@SaberPrime Ah, I see what you were saying now.

Except actually have him live.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

The odd thing about Nemesis Prime is there has never been any consistency in how he's portrayed. Heck the whole idea of a black evil version of Optimus isn't even always given the same name.

G1 it was Motormaster… different robot mode but with the similar vehicle mode the show still treated him as an Evil Optimus type character.

Beast Machines made Megatron himself the Evil Optimus when he copied the Optimal body.

RID1 it was Scourge who only looked like Optimus because he scanned Optimus along with his vehicle mode. (Does anyone besides me ever wander what Scourge's robot mode would have looked like if Optimus wasn't there?)

Armada was the first Nemesis Prime I'm aware of and he seemed to be Sideways shape shifted into the form of a black Optimus.

Prime it was Silas remote piloting a mecha based on Optimus with no spark.

In the movie Nemesis Prime and Optimus Prime are actually the same character. He becomes Nemesis when he's mind controlled by Quintessa and turns back into Optimus because Bumblebee talks... It's dumb...

That said... yeah sure lets add a BlackWarGreymon knock off in there too... I say knock off but his character arc is actually pretty good and could work really well as a Nemesis Prime character.

3. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Nemesis Prime being an evil clone of Optimus who eventually chooses to become good is a pretty neat idea, honestly.

On the topic of Optimus clones, I had the idea that Ultra Magnus was a clone of Optimus Prime (hence the white Optimus Prime body) who wore the Magnus Armor to hide this fact. His reluctance to assume command and firm belief that he is nothing more than a soldier is due to him feeling like a watered-down version of Optimus.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I just suggested this is the "Time for a new continuity?" thread, open up the universe to more factions and have familiar characters is new roles, one I suggested is keep OP as Orion Pax, leader of (new faction) and someone else takes the matrix and adopts the name Optimus Prime.
    If Megatron and Galvatron can be made to be separate characters....

5. KuroKage2001

KuroKage2001 Gib Tigerhawk combiner

Honestly, I feel like you can tie those two characters together pretty well.

Nemesis Prime abandons his masters/makers, changes his paint job and either makes or is given the Magnus armor to disguise and upgrade himself so he can fit in with the Autobots he left a horrible first impression on.

6. Rojixus

Rojixus Member

I had the same idea, except it was Toxitron instead of Nemesis Prime.

7. Mega scream

Mega scream Tyrannical Freedom Fighter

Lol I posted this way back last year, but I had this idea for a future Transformers show that maybe in the future the Decepticons win and conquer the galaxy, essentially becoming the Galactic Empire from Star Wars, and Optimus Prime somehow lost his memory or something and now he needs to learn how to be a Prime so he can gather the remaining Autobots and overthrow Megatron.

And maybe make Bumblebee a side character. Or we can kill him...mwahahaha...

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I also had this idea to reinvent the Herolds of Unicron and make it more clear who the heck they are.

I'm going to completely abandon whatever mess there was in the movie so completely ignore what ever you think about who Scourge and Cyclonus were.

In this new continuity Starscream is Cyclonus, the other seekers are his armada. Bombshell is Scourge and the other Insecticons are his Sweeps.

I've also had this idea that rather than being specifically upgraded by Unicron… Unicron has already been defeated and they've salvaged parts from him to upgrade their armor similar to Cybertron Megatron/Galvatron. So all the Decepticons with this Unicron armor are unknowingly making themselves vessels that Unicron can possess and control similar to Prime Megatron.

9. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

I wonder if it would be an interesting idea to have Autobots and Decepticons develop their respective cultures, language and civilization separate form each other on different parts of Cybertron, only for them to later clash as they expand their territories.

10. Longitudinalwave

Longitudinalwave Well-Known Member

I've seen this idea in a few good fanfics; it could work really well if done right.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Oh, nice! I'd love to check those out some day.

12. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don’t forget all the black Convoy repaints from BW2 & BWeo.

13. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aside from the bit in bold, that's this guy's entire character arc.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How would you guys reinvent Unicron?

15. Longitudinalwave

How about, instead of the planet-devouring/destroying monstrosity, Unicron was instead portrayed as an instrument of corruption? His ability to corrupt others has been hinted at a few times, but generally it quickly devolves into outright possession. It might be interesting to have him portrayed as someone who manipulates Cybertronians into making Faustian deals and/or giving in to their darker desires over time. (This would be particularly effective if he managed to corrupt an Autobot or neutral character.) Basically, what I'm suggesting is that, rather than a creature of chaos and destruction, Uncrion be portrayed as a Mephistopheles-like character.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I Iike it. Seems more logical and keeps the big lore stuff like megatronus' fall from grace

• Like Like x 1
  17. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

That's sort of what I was thinking, more Mephistopheles than Fenrir or Apophis.

I remember I had an idea for rewriting TfP that involved him possessing Megatron's corpse at the end of Season One (after I had Optimus kill Megatron for nearly killing Raf) and taking Megatron's place as their leader as a way to continue going after the Autobots, whom he regards as the Children of Primus. Unicron, having no idea of what he's doing thanks to having spent most of his time going "rawr, giant monster smash," actually listens to Starscream, who ends up going from Megatron's punching back to utterly loyal to Unicron, because in Starscream's words, "one's a Dark Energon-addled lunatic who hits me when he gets confused, which is daily, and the other is Unicron. You do the math." The revelation of Unicron's true nature could spark a civil war in the Decepticon ranks, as the Megatron loyalists (Dreadwing and Soundwave) try to remove Unicron, while the Unicron loyalists cite the improved morale (since while Unicron is Unicron, he actually ends up as a better leader than TfP Megatron.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I once had this idea where Autobots and Decepticons were from different planets rather than both being from Cybertron, only the Autobots are Cybertronian.

The Planet Destron is where the Decepticons come from. Just like Cybertron is Primus, Destron is Unicron.

I also intended to have Maximals that were native to Earth and Predacons from Quintessa.

19. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My own personal theory:

It's all in his name.

Uni = One

Cron (or chron) = Time

Chron literally means time, and Cron is a time-based task that runs on a Unix system. Either way, the name is still time-based.

He's eradicating all variable timelines. This includes all instances of time travel, dimension hopping, every single time the outcome of an important moment branched in different directions, all that good stuff. He's reducing the universe down to one single timeline- the true path. What that timeline looks like is anyone's guess, but G1 isn't the original. Consider how much time travel is in that show alone. Optimus Prime wouldn't even exist without the Aerielbots traveling in time to save Orion Pax. Alpha Trion wouldn't have extensive knowledge of the future if he hadn't met/merged with himself in "Forever is a Long Time Coming." Imagine how different and chaotic the universe would be without those moments of time travel. How different everything would be.

Unicron, in my mind, is a sort of neutral evil. He eradicates branching timelines regardless of the positive effect they once had. His status as a demi-god of sorts plays into this. He's so far beyond the scope of normal lifeforms, that their plights are insignificant and meaningless to him. He doesn't care if the true, singular timeline is better or worse for anyone.

Furman once wrote that Unicron causes the fabric of space itself to unravel wherever he goes. I prefer to interpret that as Unicron succeeding at eradicating deviant timelines. The universe resets and accommodates the restored timeline. To the rest of the universe at large, it appears as though space itself is being undone or changed.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Longitudinalwave

This is a very cool idea.

• Like Like x 1