How would you rank the movies now after seeing TLK?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Johan, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Demo2nd

Demo2nd Member

1) TF'07
    2) DotM
    3) TLK
    4) AoE
    5) RotF

2. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Without a single doubt

1. TF 2007 - interesting characters, decent story and stunning visuals
    2. AOE - a lot of refreshment, cool concepts
    3. DOTM - interesting twists, decent visuals
    4. ROTF - epic battles and good visuals
    5. TLK - poorly executed concepts, decent visuals, crappy editing

• Like Like x 1
  3. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

ah so you saw it? it hurts right? why? who approved this debacle?

4. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I saw it two days ago man.

5. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF1
    DOTM
    AOE
    I struggle with ROTF AND TLK. Both have very high highs and the lowest lows. I feel like ROTFs bad elements were charmingly bad as opposed to some of the more dull stuff in TLK... But TLK has much better robot characters. Get back to me on this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

alright, well, i didnt know this, i know the last time i saw one of your posts it stated you were planning on seeing it...i saw it last wednesday & as the days go on & i come here & listen to everyone's take on it & see all the little things i missed, i kinda like it a little more but it's still vastly disappointing...i kinda liked the tone they were going with films 2-4 & this kinda just doesn't 'fit' in with them, idk, you can tell it's different people writing & idk, bay seems to have gone mad

7. daniel 97

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I do not even wish to see it again...a lot of stuff I even don't remember seeing just because I couldn't deal with the overly fast pace...scene after scene...what a race!

• Like Like x 1
  8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    1) DotM
    2) RotF
    3) TF'07
    4) TLK
    5) AoE

9. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    TF1

TLK

DOTM

AOE

ROTF

• Like Like x 1
  10. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    TF2007
    TLK
    DOTM
    ROTF
    AOE

11. Danielhero1998

Danielhero1998 Autobots, transform and roll out

1. Age Of Extinction
    2. Dark Of The Moon
    3. The Last Knight
    4. Transformers
    5. Revenge Of The Fallen

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  12. JazzIsBeast

JazzIsBeast Well-Known Member

What's so good about DotM. The first half-90 minutes of the movie is extraordinarily boring, which drags down the entire film. Usually when I watch it I literally skip the first or second act entirely.

13. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

1. TF1. Had good action and some actual story. Great movie, and I still love it. Too bad none of the other TF films come even close to how much I liked this.

2. TLK. Had good action and introduced several awesome characters (Michael Bay, please have Cogman appear again in the next film), but the plot felt disjointed and many of the characters didn't get to do much (Barricade not doing much is what upset me the most, cause he's awesome).

3. AOE. The first half was promising and I thought that the film might turn out to be like the 1st film. Unfortunately, it nosedived after the Autobots reunited in the canyon, and felt a little dragged out. Oh yea, and the Dinobots barely appeared despite all the advertising.

4. DOTM. Felt dragged out, and the original ending where Megatron gets to live would have been so much better. But at least it's not ROTF.

5. ROTF. I don't think I really have to explain for this one, but I'll do it anyway. Extremely dragged out because of the accursed desert battle, has a lot of annoying characters and unfunny humor, felt disjointed, and was overall not very enjoyable. Well at least it spawned a funny meme about Optimus stealing faces.

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    TF1 The best because it had a simple plot compared to the rest. It's just a boy who gets stuck in a crazy robot war because of his car.

DOTM yes the 1st part can be boring but the Chicago scene is the best 3rd act in the series and Sentinel Prime is the best villain in the series.

TLK it's not lacks a lot of those cringeing bad moments that the series has. Action was good.

AOE The new Autobots are great but the human story is stupid. The plot had a lot of stupid stuff that could have been eliminated.

ROTF total crap, only good scene was the forest fight.

15. JoeScibelli

JoeScibelli That one Piranacon fanboy

For me?

1. TLK
    Loved the complexity and how intricate the plot ended up being. It all made sense to me. It also won some points for me for having a massive focus in the middle ages.

2. Transformers
    All around solid. Had some low points but the story was logical and interesting.

3. DOTM
    This movie was probably one of the more fascinating for me. It was flawed in several aspects but I think it has a cool and generally neato plot. I think this movie was the first to make serious Earth-Cybertron connections.

4. AOE
    Didn't really like the story, but the robots were fun and hilarious.

5. ROTF
    I don't think I need to elaborate much.

16. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

1. Transformers 10/10 Possibly is still my favorite personal movie. The human focus had a point as we were being introduced into this world and has such an epic feel. The Autobots were all memorable even though it took an hour to get to. Buts that fine because you have to establish the world and other Transformers series like Armada had little Bot screen time at the start. The Decepticons where a true threat and this movie brought Peter Cullen back to Optimus Prime. It a movie with great action, great CGI, funny stupid humor my inner 13 year old gets off on, and will always be one of the most important movies I grew up with. Love this movie.

2. Dark of the Moon 10/10 I mean it probably had a better balance of robots and humans then one. CGI is still spot on and Optimus kicked ass. Still got to see Ratchet, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, and Ironhide fighting it out. Sentinel was fantastic as the bad guy. I like the score to the movie and we got nice throwbacks like Megatron sitting in at the Lincoln memorial. Again I enjoy the goofy humor in the movies like Sam. The character gets crapped on too much but I can relate to the nervous wreck that he is. Plenty of great robot action like the highway chase, when they fight at DC late at night when the space bridge opens, Optimus flying across chicago and on. Love this movie.

3. Age of Extinction 8/10 I like it despite a few gripes. But I will say I did not feel the run time when watching this movie. Ive only seen it three times but I never felt like it was more then 2 hours and 10 minutes. My only complaints are the CGI is bleh compared to 1,2,3, Ratchet getting killed, and not enough cons with a name. But Optimus had an actual arc in this movie for sure. Bumblebee is still great. The new Autobots are all crazy but when you look at the situation it makes sense! Cade was new and fun in this movie. Lockdown was a unique and different bad guy. Action was good and the end with the dinobots is badass. I love Crosshairs saying "You just want to die for the guy. Now thats leadership or brainwashing" the Drift says. "No, that is Optimus Prime" Now that is a great chilling moment! Defiantly probably the best amount of Autobot screentime. I bet if Ratchet did not die I would have no actual time to nitpick this movie. Really like this movie.

4. Revenge of the Fallen 8/10 It has enough badass action moments for me to get reeved up at and enough dirty humor to laugh at to make it a great fun time. Only reason it is so low is not because I dislike it but I think I am overdue to watch it and I remember last time I did not like it as much because the final dessert battle was not as awesome on previous viewings. But the Shanghai, Forrest Fight, and Optimus vs. The Fallen should b enough for anyone to go you know this has it moments. There is some nostalgia here to but I need a rewatch again soon. Used to love but now down to a really like.

5. The Last Knight 3/10 This one did not do it for me. It was an unfocused mess. Optimus whole I am a bad guy now was the most underused idea this series ever had. He bad for like 5 minutes and it all goes back to normal. The humans were all idiots. Yea lets not trust Optimus Prime plan even though he saved us like four times already and one of those was after we tried to kill him. Lennox was an idiot. The humans making a deal with Megatron to hunt Cade? Really it had come to that? I know our government can be dumb but come on! Once they left for Britain I lost interest because it started off cool but Megatron just gone from that point on until the end. Should have just had Optimus be with the rest of the crew during the movie. Hated the humans hunting the autobots and Cade during the movie. It made sense in 1 and 4 but here it felt pointless and a waste of time. Just was not feeling this one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. primeisboss

primeisboss Bearing the Matrix of Leadership

News Credits:
    TLK
    TF 1
    AOE
    DOTM
    ROTF

18. PaxStarkist

PaxStarkist BAY-TALITY

TF1 - IMO Best overall. Everyone had their moment to shine (bots and humans),
    a good introductory movie and the CG still holds up today. and the most iconic.
    DotM - The most G1 like with villains You love to hate who get what they deserve,
    plus it takes place in Chicago (which I've been to before), and PRIME HAS HIS TRAILER!!! (GEEP)
    RotF - The weakest of the 1st trilogy, if only because the desert battle feels like an extended version of the Scorponk scene from TF1 (that seemed to drag on a little too long), that and Soundwave didn't get too much screentime, (which was thankfully rectified in TF3)
    TLK - This one actually feels a little more like what we're used to than AoE. (still can't get used to the whole "knighthood" thing)
    AoE - an absolute mess from start to finish, The only things I liked about it were Hound and Optimus Primes Evasion Mode (He looked like G1 Prime for a few minutes)

• Like Like x 1
  19. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TF1
    AoE/DotM
    TLK
    RotF

20. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

1. Transformers: The Last Knight

2. Transformers