How would you make your version of Transformers of Hasbro gave you the permission?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Transform4Christ, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    That reminds me, animation-wise I would aim for a 2D fluid look, something similar to late 90's early 2000's cartoons. Not that choppy flash animation that should be avoided like the plague. And definitely not what the CW Machinima is using, everytime someone opened their mouth it looked like Robot Chicken.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    -A series that homages a lot of the Japanese TF series and characters mostly from Headmasters to Zone. While the cast is mostly from Victory,other characters from the other Japanese series will show up as well. The designs will take inspiration from Transtech and the movies which while it has humanoid designs will also very alien and creature like designs with touches of Prime and IDW thrown in. Also the music will be done by the same folk who did the same game soundtrack for Transformers Devastation. What will make this series different is that it'll have more mystical and fantasy like elements in it.

3. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I'd take the Animated and BW route of having a smaller cast of characters all working towards a larger picture. World building would let the viewer know some of what's going on around them, and I would just prefer to focus more on character growth and development.
    Also, I loved the idea Animated had in making the cons a huge threat through their sheer power alone, and any individual con could basically take on a whole team of Autobots on have it be a close fight (Or, in some cases, lose). So I'd like to replicate that by reducing their appearances or something. I dunno...

4. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Split factions

The First Generation of Autobots, more traditional to us. Lead by Optimus Prime, later by Hot Shot(no clue on a Prime name)

The Second Generation of Autobots, believe the Autobots are to easy going on the Decepticons, shoot to kill. Lead by Prowl

First Generation of Decepticons, traditional, lead by Megatron, later by Shockwave

Second Generation of Decepticons. Believes that the war needs to end to bring the equality so desired by Megatron. Lead by Starscream(More based on Armada)

Basically, the "G2" factions lean more towards the other faction, while still holding onto core values.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    If I were given the reigns for something official, I would flesh out their history more. I hate the idea of Cybertron going from birth to space travel instantly. So I would build a Cybertronian Medieval Era where there were no blasters just projectiles like crossbows and some cybertronians turn into baliste, and Leonardo Da Vinci inspired vehicles. It would be an era of feudal city states and mysticism. Bots believe completely in ideas that are wrong (like Cybertron being flat or something).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

It'd be sorta like Animated, I guess. Futuristic setting, five main Autobots, bigger and more powerful Decepticons. The key differences would be that the 'Cons won the Great War, driving the Autobots to various colony worlds a la Cybertron. The art style would be something in between Animated and the more "traditional" style (noses would be back). As for the key Autobots...

Optimus Prime would be a young, inexperienced leader of a small crew (again, very Animated). He'd turn into a pickup truck based on his Alternators design so he'd be smaller than the designated Big Guy of the team.
    Broadside would be the Big Guy. He'd turn into an armored truck and have similar proportions to Prime Breakdown to avoid "Bulkhead Syndrome." He'd be a veteran of the Great War with a zen attitude, scarred by his experiences.
    Smokescreen would be a cool ninja-bot. He doesn't talk - he's pretty much Snake Eyes as a TF. He turns into a drift car.
    Quickslinger would be the fembot of the team. She's a young cop, kinda like RID Strongarm, and turns into a police bike.
    Hot Shot would be the "kid-appeal" character. He'd turn into a street racer that has a sponsor decoed on his side: a radio station called JAAM.

Also, the animation studio would be Studio Mir (The Legend of Korra, Voltron: Legendary Defender) and have insane, over-the-top action similar to GaoGaiGar or Gurren Lagann. The writing team would be the guys behind Voltron: Legendary Defender.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I'd make it a version of G1 (an ongoing war with spotlights on various characters):
    - keep major focus on a team of Autobots as they progress from rookies to veterans
    - display the dynamic between Optimus and Megatron as based on Professor X and Magneto: both are rival leaders who understand/respect but disagree with each other - Megatron wants to make an empire for his people by crushing others underneath, Optimus feels it's not necessary and that peaceful co-existence is possible and necessary
    - display the dynamic between Megatron and Starscream as based on a general and a politician: one inspires people to war and has their trust and loyalty, the other only wants to gain/keep power and has no qualms about selling out people and so is scorned and distrusted

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Studio Mir and Trigger would be my ideal studios for Transformers, maybe Sunrise also but that won't happen since Bandai has them.

9. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would use all the best elements of past series while still using them in an orginal way. i would want to focus on transformers history, society, biology and personalities. i would also like the setting to be the grander universe, not just earth or cybertron.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    -Avoid any "Robo-religion" aka Unicron, Primus, 13 etc.

-Make sure everyone had a nose (aside from more robotic faced characters like Soundwave or Roadbuster) that noseless face design of TFP was as bad as BM's designs.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If I were given carte blanche, hoo boy...

I'd go with my old Lone Crusade idea that I haven't done anything with: it's where Optimus is the only Autobot still fighting the Great War against the Decepticons, who in this version are a brutal reformatting cult that wishes to impose their twisted vision of the future on all Transformers.

Megatron used an ancient Quintesson artifact called the Reformatting Driver, or the Forge, to twist himself and his followers into bestial horrors reminiscent of the Bayverse and Transtech designs: demons who hearken back to the time when the Quintessons ruled Cybertron and used their monsters to enforce their rule. In Megatron's view, the Primes, leaders of the ancient Autobots and acolytes of Primus's terrestrial incarnation, Prima, made a mistake in destroying the Forges – he feels that they should have used them to take control of Cybertron's evolutionary destiny. He's made it mission to correct that mistake and drag Cybertron to glory whether they like it or not. If little concepts like free will and the lives and liberty of his fellow beings stand in his way, then he'll destroy them without a second thought. Those who submit get to keep their minds and a chance to prove their loyalty. Those who resist, or hesitate, have their minds utterly broken and reforged into his thralls, insane berserkers who are good for nothing but gibbering violence – kind of like the Pet from MTMTE, but with no possiblity of recovery. There's nothing left to recover. Most thralls started as hatchlings, child Transformers, because they were less likely to resist the mental reformatting. Either way, in Megatron's world, you either surrender your freedom by choice, or he'll take it from you. You're kneeling whether you like it or not.

The exiled son of the fallen Kaonite dictator Cryotek, Megatron is a malignant narcissist, a megalomaniac with a vicious streak a mile wide. He blends Beast Machine's core persona, Beast Machines Optimus's mission, and Overlord's sadism and love of combat. He's not a well-intentioned extremist or a revolutionary with a good cause who lost his way: he's a monster. He's the kind of guy you don't piss off unless you either have a lifelong dream of excruciating suicide or can fight back (which puts you in a very exclusive club). He's always been fascinated by the Quintessons and their rule over the ancient Cybertronians, which is why he picked one of the beasts native to their planet as his alt mode: a five-headed, many-tentacled hydra.

The reason that Optimus is the only Autobot still fighting is that Cybertron's leadership, the Grand Council, and Chancellor Tyrest (not the psychopath of IDW, more of a sleazy politician) cut the war short by signing the Tyrest Accord just as Optimus and the Autobots were prepared for one last Spark Extractor bombing run to destroy Megatron's last redoubt, Darkmount. The Accords granted the Decepticons amnesty for their actions during the war inexchange for their exile from Cybertron and her colonies. The Accords also called for the disbanding of the new Autobot coalition, returning the troops to their respective home states or retiring them to lead civilian lives.

Optimus is the only one with both the will and ability to keep fighting. Everyone else is enjoying their hard-won peace, even if many former Autobots believe that it's temporary and Megatron's going to come back eventually. Optimus rejected that peace because he doesn't think he deserves it. He's the one who found the Forge, before Megatron stole it. Optimus was an archaeologist specializing in Quintesson-era history. During a dig, he found a strange chamber holding what he believed to be a broken Forge, and brought it back to Oculon, Cybertron's top research station and Optimus's home town. Sadly, it wasn't broken. Megatron learned of the Forge's existence, raided Oculon University with his band of terrorist followers, and reformatted himself into his present-day form. Reveling in their newfound power, Megatron and his followers slaughtered everyone and burned Oculon to the ground. Optimus was the only survivor. He spent the entire war trying to rectify his mistake and end the Decepticon threat, reforging himself into a war machine the hard way, by trial and error and painful surgical modification. When the Accords passed, Optimus found himself faced with a choice: He could give up the war, claim a peace that in his mind he never earned, and wait for Megatron to return and establish a nightmarish tyranny. Or he could take the fight to Megatron, end the threat before Megatron has a chance to regroup, and finally atone for his mistake.

In terms of combat ability and approach, Optimus is kind of like Bayverse Optimus, only moreso – as far as he's concerned, he has a moral duty to do whatever he has to in order to win. If he doesn't then Megatron wins, and the resulting future would be a living hell. The ancient Primes were hard cases, some of the toughest Transformers to walk Cybertron's surface. When your enemies call you Prime, then you know you're one scary individual.

In terms of actual production, the series would be an anime-esque production with intense fight sequences and a semi-complicated Transformer aesthetic, sort of a blend between IDW and Beast Wars. The soundtrack would incorporate sound similar to E Nomine, heavy metal, and the occasional Latin chanting.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    -Have more of a time gap between BW and G1, 300 years is not enough time for Optimus and co. to have become legends in the traditional sense. For a species that lives to be 2,000 years (personal canon) old 300 years is nothing.

-Have Optimus be a leader-figure, but still one that makes time for the "little guy" and is never totally/utterly/uber serious deadpan all the time. He's the kind of leader who would stand by his men in battle but still relate to them on a personal level. You get what I'm saying right? The war and the responsibilities of being a Prime have taxed him, there's no denying that, but he tries not to let it completely eat away at him. Think something along the lines of G1 toon Optimus with just a smidge more war vet. thrown in.

-I would not go over-the-top in terms of violence. An occasional decapitation or severed limb would be ok, but I wouldn't want my series to be like the movies with lots of robo-gore and brutal body mutilations. Leave that stuff for the R rated video games. I'm not a fan of excessive gore.

• Like Like x 1
  13. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Number one, I'd finally greenlight Season 4 of Animated and restart the toyline, giving us the figures we either never got in the US or not at all.

As for an original series, I actually have a fan-universe I've worked on for the past few years or so and I continue to add to it. It is actually a crossover universe, mainly Transformers, but also adding elements from other anime/cartoons I like (Few examples include Yu-Gi-Oh, MLP, Kim Possible, and Kill La Kill)

This is actually like to touch on more in the Fanfics Thread, but for now, here's a basic storyline:

Timeline is Earth 50 years in the future (2066 AD), United Nations has been replaced with Galaxy Alliance (Intergalactic version of UN including Earth, Cybertron, etc.).
    Primary military forces are United Autobot Federation (UAF), and Royal Decepticon Empire (RDE). There is a truce in place after the Autobots won the last Great War (Known as the Dark War, based off the Cold War).
    Cybertronians are not fully-robotic, they are Cyborgs (Human exterior, metal skeletons, similar to Terminator), only exceptions being Primus and Unicron themselves.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  14. Transform4Christ

Transform4Christ Well-Known Member

Another idea that I had that was from other board member was that Shockwave's eye would resemble HAL.

15. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Using G1 as a vague springboard I'd try and eschew the simplistic good/evil dichotomy of the Autobots and Decepticons. I'd run with the idea kinda-sorta initiated by IDW where the Autobots were the original faction, tons of corruption and abuse of power, and I'd paint Megatron in a more revolutionary light rather than just straight up evil.

In my rendition I'd have Megatron be a prominent military commander who is pretty charismatic but often finds himself at odds with other military leaders and politicians who are "playing the game." He'd see his troops saddled with missions that he considers fools' errands and he would become immensely frustrated with the deaths caused by these largely optional and avoidable conflicts. I might have Megatron attempt a coup that would end in failure.

After that Megatron and the Decepticons flee Cybertron in search of independence. The Autobots would come looking to stop the exodus of a sizable portion of their military (something in the area of 10% of it's total troop strength would follow Megs).

Perhaps some nefarious Autobot leader would concoct some scheme meant to frame the Decepticons for something, the Autobot expeditionary force heads out to strike the new Decepticon homeworld, it's a particularly bloody strike that deeply divides the Autobot faction, and the aftermath leaves Megatron completely incensed and convinced that the Autobots deserve absolutely no quarter. So it's at this point Megatron decides to wage all out war and conquer Cybertron.

So you have a more justified Megatron and Decepticon faction but they're absolutely ruthless in their attacks. On the other hand you have the Autobots who attempt to wage a kinder, gentler war but they absolutely provoked it all. I'd have the Autobots greatly out number the Decepticons and the series would focus mainly on various Autobot factions struggling against one another while dealing with the insurgent Decepticons.

In this sense you get clear goals of both factions, and their internal divides, while not forcing a childish moral dichotomy down the audience's throats. Plus giving the Decepticons some room for sympathy might make their toys sell a little better and it would lead to toy lines not being so Autobot heavy like they almost always are.

Give the fans some options about whom to root for. Heroes and villains on both sides, et cetera.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    -Combiners wouldn't be treated like idiots or props. Their of course not Preceptor-levels of brilliance, but they aren't mentally the equivalent of rocks. Also, no mass-shifting, that's just a peeve I have.

• Like Like x 3
  17. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Here's a few basic ideas of mine
    • I'd put some emphasis on scale, for sure. In 1984 there were maybe twice as many Autobots as Deceptions, so it would be neat to actually have massive Seekers vs a whole squadron of Autobot cars.
    • Different narratives. Sure, Optimus and Megatron might be ultimately in charge, but I'd like to see other teams in other places with some level of independence.
    • Quintessons! I hate those guys but a massive war with them would be cool.
    • I'd start somewhere really different. Maybe we could open with Bludgeon or Thunderwing or someone finally smashing Optimus apart for good, forcing a small group of Autobots to flee with the Matrix to search the worlds their war has spread to for a new leader.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Transform4Christ

Transform4Christ Well-Known Member

I like many of the ideas so far.

19. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

You know what? I'm gonna go all out, and think up character bios, and maybe later, episode synopses. I like the idea of building my own world of this franchise I love so much.

ARK CREW MANIFEST

OPTIMUS PRIME - Autobot Leader
    "There is no greater weapon in war than mercy."
    Size Class: Leader
    Alternate Mode: Red and blue long-nosed semi-truck
    Weapon(s): Energy Swords, and an Ion Cannon/Double-Bladed Battle Axe (Either can be formed from his fuel pumps and smokestacks)
    Bio: The Bearer of the Matrix of Leadership and Last of the Lineage of Primes, Optimus Prime is wise, compassionate, powerful, and an inspiration to those under his command. Over 4,000,000 years of war, he has perfected his fighting skills, and his strength is only rivaled by that of Megatron. However, Optimus is imperfect, and still doubts himself, which he tries to hide under a mask of stoicism. He will deliberately hold back during combat because he cannot bring himself to end the life of another sentient being, which often puts him at odds with the more pragmatic Prowl and more action-oriented second-in-command, Elita One. That being said, his fellow Autobots still respect and admire him, and when it does not conflict with his sentimentality, his strategic mind is an asset to him in leading and fighting.

ELITA ONE - Autobot Field Commander
    "Action isn't the first step towards victory, but it is the most vital."
    Size Class: Leader
    Alternate Mode: Red and grey flat-nosed semi-truck
    Weapon(s): Flamethrower (formed from fuel tanks and smokestacks), War Hammer (Formed from her truck bed and rear wheels)
    Bio: Elita One was one of the first Autobots, and quickly earned a place as second-in-command to Optimus Prime. She's calm, level-headed, an extremely skilled fighter, and as much an inspiration to other Autobots as Optimus himself. Her power is such that she can go toe-to-toe with the likes of Starscream and Megatron. She is quick to action, and excels at making decisions in the heat of battle. Her one weakness is her impatience. She finds it difficult to maintain her calm when she's not fighting, and feels useless when she's not putting down bad guys and saving innocents. To keep herself sane, she often spend time training for the next battle, and will go out of her way to help other 'bots to perfect their fighting technique.

CHROMIA - Autobot Surveillance Chief
    "Without law, all is anarchy."
    Size Class: Voyager
    Alternate Mode: Police SUV
    Weapon(s): Ion Rifle, Nullray Stun-Gun
    Bio: Chromia is an experienced Autobot, and knows all too well the danger of combat. However, she faces the heat of battle with confidence and determination and while she tries to maintain a stoic demeanor, she does enjoy the thrill of battle, and often makes little quips as she's beating an opponents face in. She's also very by-the-book, and follows procedures to the letter, which can put her at odds with more reckless or aloof Autobots like Cliffjumper or Prowl. Her greatest weakness is her rigid attitude, which causes her to come across as stubborn and unyielding. However, she will follow orders above all else, and will step back into line if Optimus Prime or Elita One wishes.

IRONHIDE - Autobot Weapons Specialist
    "No weapon I can whip ya up is any replacement for sheer guts!"
    Alternate Mode: Large red and black offroad truck
    Weapon(s): Twin Plasma Cannons (mounted on arms), Rocker Launcher, Twin Combat Rifles, Twin Handguns, Sniper Rifle, and Cybertonium Dagger (stored in leg armor)
    Bio: Ironhide gets his name from his immense physical strength and nearly impenetrable armor, though he isn't the fastest Autobot around. Along with Elita One and Ratchet, he is one of Optimus Prime's closest and most trusted friends, and he'd gladly follow any order issued by his commander, even if he doesn't agree with it. If another 'bot seems to be disrespected Optimus, he's always ready to put them in their place. His courage is unrivaled, and he loves the thrill of combat to the point of being reckless. However, he'd never destroy a disarmed opponent, though he'll be sure to leave a few knuckle-shaped dents with his fists.

RATCHET - Autobot Chief Medical Officer
    "Every life matters, so quit putting yours at risk!"
    Alternate Mode: Ambulance
    Weapon(s): Twin Handheld Pulse Blasters, Twin Scalpels (deploy from wrists), and an EMP Cannon (deploys from left forearm)
    Bio: Ratchet is the oldest Autobot stationed on Earth, and is notorious for two things: his unrivaled medical skills, and his grouchy bedside manner. He'll put you back together better than anyone else, but he'll criticize and belittle you for whatever mistake caused you to get hurt in the first place. He'd rather be off partying than fighting or putting Autobots back together. However, while Ratchet isn't happy at being stuck on Earth or fighting a war at all, his frustration masks a deep appreciation for all forms of life, and he'll throw himself heart and soul into saving anyone, Autobot, human, or even Decepticon. Though he deeply admires Optimus Prime, Ratchet is one of the few Autobots willing to call his leader out if he disagrees with an order.

WHEELJACK - Autobot Mechanic/Scientist
    "If at first you don't succeed, keep trying, no matter how many times you blow up!"
    Size Class: Deluxe
    Alternate Mode: White Rally car with red and green stripes
    Weapon(s): Experimental Rocket Launcher (shoulder mounted), Twin Energy swords, Wrenches (if he throws them), the explosive nature of his experiments
    Bio: Wheeljack is the go-to 'bot if you want an experimental Lightformer Cannon or rocket boosters that can make you go faster than the speed of sound. However, due to his own enthusiasm for his craft, he may sometimes skip over vital safety features, infamously often causing his devices to blow up in his face. However, he doesn't let his explosive reputation get him down, and will work at a project until it succeeds. His easygoing, friendly nature makes him easy to get along with, even if the other Autobots prefer to avoid his lab, and he'd consider Ratchet to be his best friend for putting him back together every time he gets himself blown up by his own inventions. When in danger, though, he may panic and attempt to save himself, sometimes leaving his comrades to face the danger themselves.

PROWL - Autobot Tactician
    "When fighting a war, there's no such thing as 'going too far.'"
    Alternate Mode: Police car
    Weapon(s): Rocket Launchers (shoulder mounted), Taser (fires from palms), Tri-Barreled Energon Rifle
    Bio: Prowl is the Autobots' tactician, and devises many of the strategies utilized by Optimus Prime. However, he values logic and reason over everything, even morality and compassion, and will go to extremes Optimus and Elita One wouldn't to assure Autobot victory. He grows frustrated when Prime's compassion and Elita's predisposition toward action cause them to deviate from his initial plan, and sometimes acts without their knowledge if he feels they'd disapprove of his actions. Prowl hates Decepticons more than any other Autobot, even the Dinobots, and has no qualms about executing disarmed opponents.

BUMBLEBEE - Autobot Scout
    "It's not the size of a 'bot that matters, it's the size of their courage."
    Alternate Mode: Yellow muscle car with black stripes
    Weapon(s): Pulse Blasters (transform from wrists), Energy Stingers (transform from gauntlets)
    Bio: Bumblebee is the youngest Autobot on Optimus Prime's team, being one of the last Autobots to come online before Cybertron went dark. Bumblebee is the Autobot who most enjoys Earth culture, particularly cartoons and video games. His youthful optimism and sharp wit often bring a sense of levity to a room, and he enjoys being able to provide joy to his comrades in the bleakness of the war. However, Bumblebee often feels inferior to his older and more experienced comrades, and often throws himself into unnecessary danger in order to prove his worth. However, he usually had the speed, firepower, and determination to pull himself and any others out of danger.

ARCEE - Autobot Infiltrator
    "To stand against the heat of battle, one must always keep their cool."
    Size Class: Basic
    Alternate Mode: Purple Motorcycle
    Weapon(s): Katanas, Energon Crossbow
    Bio: Arcee is one of the youngest Autobots stationed on Earth, barely any older than Bumblebee. However, she doesn't want to be judged by her age or her size, and strives to act like a serious, responsible soldier. In the heat of battle, it's nearly impossible to spot her, as she moves like lightning. However, she is still young, and will sometimes make mistakes, which she will beat herself up over. However, the other Autobots will often encourage her, particularly Ironhide and Bumblebee, the latter of which idolizes her as much as any of the older Autobots. She's not fond of having to help watch over humans, but she is growing to warm up to them.

CLIFFJUMPER - Self-Proclaimed Autobot Shock Trooper
    "There's too kinds of people in this world, the ones on your side, and the ones whose faces need punched in."
    Size Class: Basic
    Alternate Mode: Red Economy Car
    Weapon(s): Glass Gas Gun, Grenade Launcher, Knife
    Bio: At first, Cliffjumper may seem like a short, angry jerk. He's always itching for a fight, and anything that looks remotely like a Decepticon is enough to drive him to blows. He does not like being made fun of for his height, and he'll punch out anyone who makes fun of him for it. However, if one were to hang around him long enough, they would see that his anger is driven by a passion for his cause. He has no regard for his own life when it comes to preserving the lives of his friends, and pushes his friends towards thinking of others over themselves. He doesn't like showing his sentimental side, though, and he'll still punch anyone who comments on it.

I'll post episode synopses and more character bios as time goes on, I think. Who knows? Maybe I'll make a project of it someday.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I have been partial to the idea of returning to fluid 2D animation (like someone else said). Anything else is still up in the air. (Like plot, characters, etc)