How would you improve Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimistic Prime, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Nothing special about me

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well the title says it all, how would you improve the film/what would you add or take away from the film?
    I loved the movie but I would maybe add one of two more fight scenes, however because of the budget, it could be slightly difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd mention the Allspark, add Barricade tease, Megatron tease/mentioned, Starscream orders Shatter and Dropkick and is the seeker at the beginning.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde SOUND ONLY

News Credits:
    Better utilize the Seeker that shows up on Earth, just make them into Starscream and make them the ultimately main antagonist since it makes more sense both thematically and from a design standpoint.

Replace Shatter and Dropkick with Runabout and Runamuck, include more appearances on Cybertron. Give Bumblebee an actual face and more moments of him speaking. I'm not against him being mute for a chunk of the film, but getting his voice back near the end, but I'd really rather they stopped with this quirk, it doesn't fit with his character that much.

Perhaps have another flashback sequence somewhere in the story. Pretty much remove the majority of the ties to the current Bay continuity, so it has more room to breathe and be its own thing without having to worry about connecting to a series of films most people don't like or care about.

This is just a few ideas, I'll probably post a more in-depth comment at some point in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably add a little more story to it is all.
    Its great as it is, but it could use a little more thrill. Could go that route for a Bumblebee sequel, I would love to see Charlie come back for sure if there's more to her story to be told with the Autobots!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Make Optimus bigger and (don’t hate me G1 fans lol) change his design on Earth. It worked on Cybertron, but he didn’t look right on Earth.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Optimistic Prime

Optimistic Prime Nothing special about me

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I'd say to make it slightly more complex, kinda like the Movie 1-3 design.

7. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    1-3 is the same design just the only bits added was the abs and elbows including his returning trailer

• Like Like x 1
  8. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My biggest complaint was why did Charlie have to dive to “rescue” Bee. She did nothing and it felt like a super cheesey way to shoehorn the fact that she is a diver into saving the day. I just don’t get what her diving under water did....

However that’s it. I am fine with everything else, seriously. I wouldn’t want to change this film as I truly loved it, I love it except for that one scene.

Now I would personally have loved just 5 more minutes on cybertron.. but would that make it a better film? No. It simply would’ve made me say “cool” a few more times. Cybertron was beautiful.

• Like Like x 5
  9. tkhow

tkhow Member

They should have Bee or other Autobots know the death of Cliffjumper, and let Bee have the line of "That's for Cliff .." when he kills Dropkick.

• Like Like x 4
  10. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    So you’d want Starscream to die at the beginning? He’s already on Cybertron anyway.

12. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    What. She dived into the water to see if he was okay.

• Like Like x 1
  13. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol, I thought she like “helped” him get back up, everyone I saw it with was confused as well... if it was just to see if he was ok... that’s actually fine.. but I thought I remembered him like waking up when she went to him ... it’s hard to remember

14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Longer Cybertron scene as a running C plot.

Longer fight with Cliffjumper. Make him as badass as he was in Spotlight Cliffjumper.

Blitzwing, Dropkick and Shatter being known Transformers instead of nobodies even through who we have reuse names. They all die so obviously nobody who showed up in previous movies.

Witty quips from the Decepticons during the fight scenes.

Optimus Prime shows up to fight alongside Bumblebee at the end.

• Like Like x 2
  15. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where did I say he dies? I Said Starscream orders Shatter and Dropkick. They arrive after that Seekers death in the actual version. In my version Starscream/now that seeker would need to live. Bee escapes, Starscream takes off from being wounded. Starscream says something along the lines of its beneath me to hunt a scout, so Dropkick and Shatter take care of it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I'll ditch the jarring G1 designs.

Other than that, Bumblebee was almost perfect for me.

• Like Like x 5
  17. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Honestly? Either expand on Charlie's relationship with her mother or make it so her mother is more oblivious to Charlie having trouble accepting her loss.

Also have a mention made with S7 that 'Another Meteor has been detected' to help set up the end of the movie

• Like Like x 1
  18. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Honestly? Move the Cybertron scene in its entirety to the middle of the movie.

Having it at the beginning also meant that the movie played its trump card at the very start. The rest of the movie was great, but it felt inferior by comparison.

Have the entire sequence play out in flashback, instead of 2 mins at the start at 1 min in the middle.

19. Appleseed

Appleseed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Extend the robots battle sequences from the actual 15 minutes to 30 minutes..Transformers weapon system to be more unique and devastated such lightning sword, ultrasonic, laser/plasma cannon & invisible protecting shield etc..They are Transformers, should use more advance weaponry during battle, this will bring more eye candy and the actions would be fresh to the audience instead of just using ordinary weapon like machine gun and missiles...Robots fight need to be more stylish and creative..

• Like Like x 1
  20. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    This was okay for the Bee movie but I'd like to see future fight scenes take place in the daytime.

I agree with your first part, but I don't agree with the second part. I think Prime looked surprisingly great on Earth. I was a little wary on how blocky designs would translate in a live action environment and it worked our really well. I believe Prime had the right amount of complexity to work. I'm hoping to see that aesthetic (blocky but complex) extend to other characters on Earth.

• Like Like x 3