How would you have Optimus and Rodimus coexist?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Proud Nintendo, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I feel they did a really job doing it in ReGen1

• Like Like x 1
  2. SethBrundle81

SethBrundle81 Banned

What about having Rodimus be his Robin sort of speak?

3. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Hell the f no....So to speak LOL

Seriously though that was only undermine Rodimus as a character.....Rodimus should be handed as either the equal of Optimus or at least having the potential of being his equal

maybe more like Nightwing....Or at least like sometimes the character of Nightwing is written......Some writers have a tendency to bring him down a few notches in my opinion

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Easy.

I would have Rodimus exist as leader. And I would have Optimus exist as a memory.

5. SethBrundle81

SethBrundle81 Banned

Yeh that will work, have him as Nightwing

6. B3k

B3k Well-Known Member

TFA route, Rodimus is another commander with his own team. Also he and Optimus both answer to Ultra Magnus.

Honestly it wouldn't be a bad concept for a show, following different teams giving you a larger view if the over all war.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ultra magnus13

Ultra magnus13 Member

I actually really like the characterization of Rodimus not really wanting to be Rodimus. I think it was Return of Optimus Prime where he says something along the lines of "alright, Hot Rod is back baby!"

Prime is the capable, awesome dad. Hotrod is the cool sports car driving uncle. If dad has to go in to the hospital and can't take care of the kids the cool uncle will put aside being a carefree, fun guy. This isn't what he wants, he doesn't want the responsibility of taking care of a family and being there leader, but he will do what's best for the family. When given the opportunity to go back to his care free life, he jumps at it.

8. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Animated handled having multiple Primes by defining them as leaders of smaller groups, like starship crews, as opposed to making them supreme commanders.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In stock

News Credits:
    What's wrong with having co-managers? :p 

Untitled.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

As the Queen once said "Once a monarch always a monarch" when referring to deposed former monarches. I think the same basic rule should apply to a Prime but in a more literal sense. While the Autobots would defer to the current Matrix holder as their leader former holders should still retain the title of Prime and share at least in part of the leadership of the autobots. This could in a council type organization as a mentor to new less experienced Primes or perhaps they could head out into the galaxy leading their own forces(in certain scenarios this could even lead to an autobot civil war).

I don't think Rodimus going from being leader of an entire race to simply casting the matrix off and becoming a "turbo revvin punk" again would work qute the way he hopes it would. Even after Optimus returned it's hard to imagine the Autobots never turned to him when they needed someone to lead them and Optimus was absent.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe have Rodimus(or Hot Rod in this case) be some sort of apprentice for Prime, then when Prime passes he gives the Matrix to Hot Rod, then have Optimus act like a Obi-Wan/Avatar like guide for Rodimus, that way he can still have a presence without having to bring him back(this is what they should have done in the show btw)

12. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I know it's been echoed here before but I would have him stand aside from leadership and let Rodimus continue to be leader but be there to guide him and offer his wisdom from millions of years of experience. Like how Hudson stepped aside to let Goliath lead their clan in Gargoyles and even refused to become Goliath's new second because there was no sense "going backwards". Seeing Optimus hand back the Matrix to Rodimus at the end of ROOP would have been a great way to set up this new dynamic.

That or have him sort of step back from everything entirely, including leadership and Rodimus, while he tries to cope from coming back from the dead TWICE, trying to reconcile everything that had happened since including: coming to terms with his first death; the revelation that most of his comrades had died at the same time and whether he feels responsible for their demise under his leadership; his first resurrection being just a puppet in a plot to destroy the autobots; and being brought back again for the hate plauge. Being Optimus, he put up a brave front to do what had to be done to stop the hate plauge, but I imagine all that happening would mind**** even the strongest of willed bots.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kurochan_24

kurochan_24 Well-Known Member

They could just have Optimus as Commander Emeritus. He can give out advice in doses or if anyone asks for it especially Rodimus. He no longer has authority and merely has a symbolic title of Prime. Rodimus is the Supreme Commander.

I can imagine him having his own ship and travels alongside the also retired Elita-One whenever they feel like going on vacation between Earth, Cybertron and any other planet they want to visit.

14. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If we're talking about their G1 incarnations, I'd have them both exist with Optimus as leader and Hot Rod never becoming Rodimus. I've never understood how a bot that puts the lives of everyone around him in frequent danger simply because of his impulsive behavior became a Prime.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  15. Ivypool

Ivypool Well-Known Member

I would have the matrix somehow removed from Optimus, by the Decepticons, or by some human villain group like M.E.C.H. This would turn him back, physically and mentally, into Orion Pax.

Once recovered, the matrix would latch onto the nearest worthy cybertronian, which would be Hot Rod. The Autobot science team would try to transfer the matrix back to Orion Pax.

Eventually a failed attempt to reconnect to Matrix would give Optimus his memories back. This could lead to some kind of a split within the Autobot ranks, divine inspiration vs experience as people argue about who they should be following.

16. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I'd have Hot Rod stay Hot Rod. If anything, I'd have the Targetmasters become an elite unit with Hot Rod as their leader. I can live with that.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    I'd like if they were to implement the Convoy Council for the western canon in a way. Optimus and Rodimus being the first and later it grows into a Council of Primes or whatever you wanna name it. Then we can easily have other guys like Leo Prime, Magnus Prime (Lio Convoy, Big Convoy) too and maybe other guys. Perceptor could have found a way to replicate some aspects of the Matrix of Leadership. That way we could have multiple Matrices, although there's only one real thing (either in Rodimus or Optimus) and the other Matrices are given to other Primes who lead a different faction of the Autobots to serve as guardians of piece in the galaxy and cover different quadrants.

This could lead to the Decepticons creating the Tripredacus Council in secret (so not to have Galvatron/Super Megatron find out and exacting vengeance on them for undermining his authority as the true leader of the Decepticons) to orchestrate in secret a way to organize the Decepticons as well throughout the galaxy to counter the Autobots efforts.

While Galvatron/Super Megatron (whoever he is at the moment) doesnt suspect anything for the moment and thinks of himself as the true leader, his power slowly slips, which could then also lead to some more interesting in-fights among the Decepticons and might see the rise of the Predacons as the successor to the Decepticon cause.

edit:
    Oh just had another idea. Before Perceptor can create more Matrices, we could see Optimus being rebuilt into Powermaster Optimus Prime (and have Rodimus have the real Matrix of Leadership) and later have him gain the Battle Star Upgrade. He chose the upgrade to help the Autobots as he did before with the Matrix, to grant him the needed power upgrade to go toe to toe against Galvatron/Super Megatron.

edit2:
    Oh and how cool would it be if in a later episode the Decepticons got the blueprints for the new Matrix design through Ratbat and create the first Decepticon matrix (wanted to see this ever since the Quints tricked the Decepticons into believing it exists), maybe the Decepticon matrix could be the way how Galvatron turns into Super Megatron, with him being upgraded and Unicrons influence on him completely purged, thus re-creating him as Megatron, but more powerful :D 

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I wouldn't, simply put.

At most, Optimus would guide Rodimus the way Alpha Trion guided him. Obi-wan to Rodimus' Luke.

19. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I'd be totally on board with this, so long as they get Burt Ward to voice Rodimus.

20. Dire 51

Dire 51 Line Stepper.

Optimus and Rodimus must forever be at odds with one another. It's fundamentally good drama. Think it wouldn't work? What about Cap and Iron man?