How Would You Handle Metroplex?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shady boi, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Shady boi

Shady boi Banned

Ebay:
    Omega next.

2. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple Changer

News Credits:
    As metroplex being one of my favorite characters I like how he was handled in all interpretations of him especially in FOC, but even in G1 he's not the end all be all bot by showing that his transforming cog gets extremely stressed and damaged. I would keep him as the autobots mobile base but would rarely transform unless it was truly necessary.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

Downsize him some so he's not as tall as a freaking mountain, for one. I like the idea of him serving as the base for the Autobot's "elite squad" on earth (the main cast for a show, like Team Prime in Prime), but it's never explicitly mentioned until it becomes very relevant, which would be when the Decepticons decide to attack the team head-on, only to get a rude awakening that they're not a bunch of pushovers. And it would also open up options for a bit of a nomadic vibe, giving the show an opportunity to show off as many locales as it wants to with the justification of the base looking for a change of scenery.

And make him a bit more of a character. It's because he's been so big and kinda immobile that he can't have proper character moments, but serving as the base could open character building opportunities. Have him be a snarky bastard who's mildly resentful of his lot in life, and aims for cheap laughs by tormenting the people who use him as a base. He never aims to hurt, but he'll gladly nudge a seat back just as you're about to sit down for a laugh, or a piece of the floor pops up just high enough to trip up a passerby. But when push comes to shove, he's deeply protective of his charges, and will stop at utterly nothing to keep them safe. And woe befall anyone who dares to hurt them, especially if they have the audacity to show up at his front door.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Still no war in Ba Sing Se

He's the size of a skyscraper or something instead of a whole city. Like all Titan's in my continuity, he's super old compared to the rest of the cast and basically the Cybertronian equivalent of a Queen Bee. Personality wise, he's a big yenta who meddles in the lives of his tenants usually in ways he considers their own good. Scottish accent that plays on intercoms or echoes like a jet engine when he actually transforms into robot mode.

5. Soundwave902

Soundwave902 The Lone Survivor

I’m going to go against the grain and say upscale him. The last known of the true Titans, the Metroplex currently serves as the Autobot headquarters/flagship. Stretching 18 miles long, Metroplex has been relegated to vehicle mode and the majority of his cognitive functions have been shut down to conserve energy. A warlike soul, his handlers (the Titan Masters) must reign in his fury lest he obliterates all the ships around him in combat, often powering down his brain module in-between engagements.

(Titans in my universe function similarly to their 40k equivalent, being powerful minds engineered for war that must be assuaged by their Titan Master handlers)

Edit: When he does speak, it's only in Old Cybertronian due to his logic circuits being unable to adapt to Neocybex (think Destiny's Rasputin with his reversed Russian lines)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Delete him from the fiction. I think he’s pretty ridiculous in concept. He’s just an advertisement for a big-assed 80s toy. I bet parents hate the bastard.

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I would keep him as either 2 versions.

1: He should not be a city but more of a battle station only. He has the abilety to transform to a mobile battle station were the other autobots can get in. Imagin a bigg troop tanker transport of some sort.

2: Make him a new title as Micromaster commander. He is the leader of the micromasters and transforms to their headquarters/city.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Taking him out of display, playing around with him for a bit, then putting him back.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I'd keep the idea of him being apart of the Titan's like in recent storylines. He fought alongside the Primes in the early days of the war following Unicron's defeat. I'd have the Primes being a tribe instead of siblings like the IDW comics and each one controlled a Titan. But Metroplex & Metrotitan both being Titans that didn't have a Prime that commanded them instead working with them. He'd have participated in many battles with other species when the Primes colonized other worlds. Eventually the Primes all disappeared and many of his brothers died or disappeared as well, later generations created the Omega Sentinels to replace them.

Metroplex eventually due to a lack of energon went into stasis, keeping safe within him many of the Primes old relics in the hopes that one day they'd return. In modern day Sentinel Prime & Shockwave find his dormant body and use the Enigma in an attempt to start a Combiner Army. Hot Spot & First Aid would reactive Metroplex's space bridge sending the Decepticons, Sentinel, Aerialbots, Protectobots, & Metroplex's body to Earth. There the Autobots led by Optimus Prime reunite with the Aerial/Protectobots. Following Sentinel Prime's arrest, Wheeljack, Hoist, Grapple, & Perceptor worked on reactivating Metroplex. Creating a base of operations around him called Autobot City, reawakening Metroplex would vow allegiance to the new Prime's Optimus and later Rodimus. Eventually bonding with cityspeaker Windblade.

10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    He should be Autobot City on Earth.

But, Autobot City should be a gestalt in alt mode. Metroplex should be the main part of that gestalt with other smaller bots making up the rest of the city.

11. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Metroplex to me is a special scenario.

I see him as a "City Titan" that is meant more as moving platforms and the such and not so much a "city" but more as a mission oriented temporary outpost.

So it's more as if he was designed as a base/outpost first, then adjusted for the alt for mouvement second, and the robot mode as a final mode for limited combat, basically as a prototype towards what lead to the creation of Fortress Maximus.

For such "City Titans", their 3rd alt mode (spaceship or rolling fortress) allows them to be mobile, and keep them from going to robot mode unless truly needed as it eats their power reserves quite quickly due to size.

Metroplex is a complicated scenario as he would be more of a conscious operating system with very little "mind", so I see him more as an A.I. similar to Vector Sigma (jr. version) and without a spark.

As being more of an A.I. and more of a central control center, he is limited in his thinking abilities and his battle capacity are very limited and completely dependent on his mass as his armour and firepower which for a titan, are fairly weak.

So he can be activated to robot mode under emergencies and situations that requires such, but aside that, he is an outpost/mobile base.