How would you feel about a botcon set in 2016 using the movie dinobot molds?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by flatline72, Jun 18, 2014.

1. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    To acknowledge the 20th annv of beast wars?

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You've never watched Beast Wars, have you?

3. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    Yes i have,

but given what limit there is on beast molds...the dinobots would do the best if FP wanted to create dinosaur characters....the Japanese beast wars had quite a group of dinosaur tfs.

Or they could do a shattered glass dinobot set....

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With the recent Beast Wars molds in Generations, and Predacons from the Beast Hunters line, why would they need to rely on the AoE Dinobot molds solely for a Beast War anniversary set?

Anyways, if Fun Pub can't use on-screen movie characters' molds (even ones where licensed vehicle modes aren't a concern), and it appears they can't, the point is moot and the Dinobot molds are off the table anyways.

5. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

I'd prefer to get some actually good TFs. Then again, I'm not willing to pay 4-5 times the price for a repaint either.

6. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    What limit on beast molds? FunPub used a 1999 BW Neo mold for FSS 1.0(Ultra Mammoth/Big Convoy) and a 1998 BWII mold for FSS 2.0(Thrustinator/Dirge-Gun). Hasbro is pulling out a 1999 BW Neo(Guiledart/Slug) mold and a 1996 original BW(Strafe/Terrorsaur) mold for Wal-mart exclusives. There should still be a healthy catalog of available, vintage, BW molds to use along with molds like BWX Optimus/Megatron, Prime Predacons, and the new Generations beast molds.

If there's a limit on any beast molds, it'd be on the very molds you suggest. FunPub has not been allowed to use on-screen movie character molds.

7. Shrapbackshell

Shrapbackshell Well-Known Member

The dinobots do sound like a good idea, but i think it would be better if they produced a generations style botcon 1997 packrat and fractyl out of rattrap and strafe to comemmorate.

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    The thing of it is... where newer molds are concerned; and by newer, I mean DOTM onward -- the vast, vast majority of them aren't worth paying a premium on. Especially not when the cost of the Botcon boxsets themselves continues to rise on top of it.

Now, all the AoE Dinobot molds I've handled so far have been neat when viewed through the lens of a $9.97 - $14.99 entry fee (only Slug and Scorn for me, so far), they're neat and fun toys. But to be proper BW homages? They'd all need new heads. At $60 - 90$ a pop? Possibly more, depending on whether they'd be Subscription Service or Botcon Exclusive? No. No thanks. I'm walkin' away from that table.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Well, Beast Wars was more than Dinosaurs, though.

10. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    This got me thinking of a possible BW anniversary set...

2016 BW 20th Anniversary Botcon set: "Reignition"

Storyline:
    After the reformatting of Cybertron, a new alliance, the Pax Cybertronia II, unites the Maximals, Autobots, Predacons and Decepticons. However (BW) Megatron's spark is somehow reignited and he begins re-creating his crew in new bodies and with new sparks now loyal to him. Will any of the Predacons or Decepticons break the Pax Cybertronia II alliance and join Megatron's uprising? And just who was responsible for reigniting Megatron's spark?

Boxed set:
    Megatron(RID Megatron mold w/ new head, in 3H concept colors)
    Tarantulas II (FOC Prime w/ new head, in Tarantulas colors)
    Dinobot III (BWII Thrustol in TM2 Dinobot colors)

vs.

Packrat(Gen. Rattrap, in Packrat colors)
    TM Fractyl(Armada Terrorsaur, in TM Fractyl colors)
    Minicon Fractyl(Classics Swoop Minicon, in Fractyl colors) [Yes, a Fractyl with a smaller Fractyl that attaches to him. Because Fractal]

Attendee bonus figure: Jhiaxus (Gen. Jhiaxus in comic colors)

2-pack #1: Silverbolt (BH Grimwing in BM Silverbolt colors w/ new head) & Terrorsaur II (Gen. Jhiaxus, in Terrosaur colors)
    2-pack #2: Scorponok II (FOC Brawl in BW Scorponok colors w/ new head) & Venin (Gen. Waspinator in G1 Deluxe Insecticon Venom colors)
    Troopbuilder pack: Autobots Dust-Up(yellow Gen.Trailbreaker), Iceberg(blue Gen.Trailbreaker), & Axehandle(red Gen.Trailbreaker)

Custom class figure: Quickstrike II (FOC Brawl w/ original head)

The factions:
    Pax Cybertronia II:
    Maximals Silverbolt & Packrat
    Predacons Fractyl & Fractyl (plus Thrustinator from FSS 2.0)
    Decepticons Jhiaxus & Venin (aka Venom)
    Autobots Dust-Up, Iceberg & Axehandle

Megatron's Uprising:
    Megatron
    Dinobot III
    Tarantulas II
    Terrorsaur II
    Scorponok II
    Quickstrike II

Besides servicing BW fans and that anniversary, it's not all beasts for the people only interested in vehicles, there's also something for Diaclone fans(the troopbuilder), G1 fans(Venin/Venom), Comic fans(Jhiaxus), CR/RID fans(the Gigatron mold), Armada fans(Fractyl & minicon Fractyl), uses a never before released in the US mold(BWII Thrustol), plus it finally gets the unused 3H concepts of TM Fractyl & Megatron produced, recreates Packrat, and Terrorsaur II, Tarantulas II & Scorponok II would be dual purpose in also "completing" the Dawn of Futures Past set.

11. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

That'd be awesome if they did justice toward the characters

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    I'd rather have another Dawn of Future Past set with more characters in pre-beast forms.