How would you feel about a Beast Wars movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrime108, Nov 10, 2011.

1. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

I just finished watching the entire Beast Wars series and it was stellar. It knocked Prime out of my "favorite TF show" slot, for now. So my inquisitive nature got the better of me and I started thinking about the possibility of a Beast Wars movie. It's highly unlikely, given the fact that TF4 is almost a certainty and wether or not a reboot should be taken into consideration. But besides that, how would you guys feel if they were going to make a Beast Wars movie? Can it be done? How would the general audience react? Who would direct? etc.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Peter Jackson in the director's chair.

100% CG.

No humans.

Beast Wars cast reprise their roles.

Make it happen.

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I would be all like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU 'cause I like Beast Wars...but a live action film.....with monkeys and little wasps turning into Robots.....really?

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Robots who turn into animals? I think that's way too ridiculous for a live-action film.

5. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

It does seem a bit far fetched.

6. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    It would need some further background to be taken seriously and accepted by the public, I think.

7. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

Maybe as an animated film in the same vein as Tintin but I just don't think it would gel that well on the big screen for some reason.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It would either be really fucking incredible, or the most abysmal thing ever. If they could somewhow squeeze BW's plot into a 2 1/2 hour movie, I'd be fucking amazed. I think it'd work better as a trilogy, each movie abridging each season. But even then you're pushign it. They'd need to trim the cast, drop character subplots and simplify the Vok's motives.

9. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    as i say there's bob hope and no hope and bob hopes dead

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I love Beast Wars more than anything, and I think it would be great to see it up on the big screen in any format, however... I feel that the plot of Beast Wars across the 3 series (not counting Beast Machines right now) was brilliantly self-contained and had satisfying story arcs and individual characterisation. I'm not sure a movie could pull this off within the time constraints.

11. LUGNUT1995

LUGNUT1995 TFWiki info gatherer

It'd be cool, but I'm not sure it would work in the "Live-action" style, as Dinodigger97 said.

12. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I think Beast Wars would work as a feature length CGI film, animated the same way as Prime.
    But as a TV special on the Hub.
    Beast Wars isn't gonna work on the silver screen, people.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    At least we still have Kevin Bacon.

I don't think a live-action beast wars would work, and I think moving it close to realistic would put it smack in the middle of the uncanny valley. I'd love to see a feature length film, reimagining or not, with a CGI base and a high-quality, stylized motif (think Pixar. High quality, but not exactly realistic).

Whether the original cast returns would depend on how much was reimagined, and how close it was to the series. I love the series, but it had its time, it ran well and ended well, and I'd hate to retread the same ground and risk tarnishing the memory.

14. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:

If it was CG, they might as well just make it a Direct to Video.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Even a Go-Bots movie would stand a better chance than a bunch of wildlife-formers ever would on the big screen. People lost their minds enough when Prime got a mouth and long nose truck design, Starscream was turned into a chicken-ape bot, Bumblebee wasn't an outdated VW bug anymore, etc. And nevermind how the fandom who already hates Beast Wars would react - just imagine what this new fandom of Bayformer fanatics & loyalists would do if they were given an ape called Optimus Primal and a dinosaur of all things with Megatron's name on it. The internet would melt down. Plus there's the whole more important "general audience" angle - they'd just never buy into a human free, prehistoric time based live action movie about fleshforming rats, dinosaurs, monkeys, ants & rhinos.

16. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I haven't even given the show a try. I'm just not too fond of the idea of some of my favorite characters transforming into giant animals. If someone can convince me a little as to why I should see it, hit me up.

17. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I would love to see it happen, but I think Hasbro would need to do some work before it. Like having the characters back to being known to the kids. Maybe throw in Maximals and Predacons in Transformers Prime. Then bring back Beast Wars and show it on Hub. Along with making a new true generations toy line that features both bots, cons, Maximals, Predacons, and Vehicons.

Sadly at this moment, beast transformers don't sell with the current generations. That has to change for a Beast Wars movie to work out, maybe the above would get some new fans to care about Waspinator, Dinobot, Primal, ect again.

I do think a Beast Wars movie should start with a flash back moment with Optimus Primal talking about the bot and con war, just to clearly tie it into the movie universe. But with this movie, I would suggest no prehistoric time travel plan. But instead make into 300 years in the futue from the current time, where dinos could be back from cloning. So still got humans and possible path for a dino Megatron or even Grimlock showing up.

18. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    If it was done right, and was CG, I'd get behind it. Live action or otherwise, no thank you.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Because it isn't even remotely about what you think it is.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Despite it being the 'cool kid' elite thing to say Beast Wars is the best show and Marvel is the best canon, don't let anyone browbeat you into thinking you're missing out on anything by not watching Beast Wars or even giving it a chance. I watched it from start to finish and still hated it. Yeah, the writing was okay... for a show about animalforming robots. But since then, we've gotten Animated and now Prime that had/has just as good, if not better, writing and isn't about rats & rhinos & dinosaurs. I'm not saying don't ever watch it - that's entirely up to you. Just don't feel the need to be convinced.