How would you feel about a Bayformers show?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Soundpulse, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

So, I always thought we'd get a Bayformers show. I'd thought it be beautiful, well written, but, Prime filled in for me. So, I got 3 questions for you, would you want a show? If so or not,should it be anime, or just American animating? If one of these, how would the show turn out? No Live Action because Booyaka Dragon's thread is about that

2. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    A Bayformers show would be cool.

3. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Well, it can't be like Prime. It has to be mildly serious, but also so incredibly (and subtly) stupid and awesome at the same time. One-liners, explosions, that jazz. And if I had a choice, it'd be animated. Pencils. Lines. Not CGI.

BAYFORMERS!
    Lennox: Optimus, Megatron made a bomb threat. GET IN THERE.

*Later*
    Optimus: IRONHIDE, DEFUSE DAT BOMB!
    Ironhide: OKAY!
    *Ironhide shoots a grenade at the bomb* :bay 
    Ironhide: BOMB THREAT NEUTRALIZED.
    Megatron: No!!! They found me! What is this!?
    Optimus: THIS IS A BUST BABY. AND YOU'RE ALL BUSTED!
    Megatron: DECEPTICONS RETREAT!
    *All Decepticons leave*
    *Linkin Park ending theme plays*

Narrator: YOU PAID FOR YOUR SEAT, BUT YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO NEED THE EDGE! CATCH BAYFORMERS SATURDAYS AT 8PM ONLY ON HUBOOOOOM!

Oh man. I would love it. Get some new characters, some new Reveal the Sheild/Hunt for the Cons type toys. Nonstop, over-the-top action. Ridiculously hilarious shallow characterization.
    A popcorn show for a popcorn continuity.

4. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Dude, props for the DOUBLE K ref :D 

5. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    I made a thread like this a few months ago.

6. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

lol heck yeah!

7. Soundpulse

Link?

8. Soundpulse

Sorry for Double-Post, but yeah. I'm talking about a possible cartoon. Not just LiveAction.

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Live-action? Animated? Personally, I think Bayformers works better as a live-action film or even as a few direct-to-DVD spin-offs about NEST, rather than a long-running television series.

This thread sort of covers the live-action angle (sort of)...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-you-watch-live-action-transformers-show.html

But I'd probably watch it either way.

Puck Hockey, shut up and take my money.

It'd have to end with a CSI Miami-esque scene.

(episode 1)

*Optimus looks at the most recent Decepticon prisoner* "Well it looks like this guy's world... :cool:  ...has been transformed."

YEEAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

(episode 2)

*Optimus looks at the most recent Decepticon prisoner* "Well it looks like this guy's world... :cool:  ...has been transformed."

YEEAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

(episode 43)

"Optimus, seriously. If you're going to make those lame puns, at least make them different each time."

YEEAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

10. Soundpulse

11. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Ah, animated series, okay.

Well, yeah, as I said, I feel that Bayformers is better suited for theatrical movies or DTV videos. I can just see the rage pertaining to the idea of a 1-3 season Bayformers series. :lol 

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to have to say no.

While I like the look of War for Cybertron and I like the look of Transformers Prime except for Bumblebee the movie look just doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm not sure that simplifying the look for animation would make me like the shape of someone like Starscream.

The show would also have to be radically different than the live action movie to make it something I'd want to watch week after week. I'm talking on the level of different that the American Godzilla cartoon was to the American Godzilla live action film. The humans would need to take a back seat to the Autobots, the humor would have to change, and the Decepticons would have to be there for more than getting killed.

13. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

I'd take a War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron style show over the Bayformers universe.

14. boxorak

boxorak Lacking Shelf Space

I have to say that I don't want a Bayformers show, partially because I think the movie's style won't work for a weekly 30-minute kids show, bit mostly because it'll spawn another thirty billion arguments about whether or not Michael Bay is a childhood-raping Satanthulhu, and what circle of hell he deserves to rot in.

15. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    That was actually an example I was going to cite, Ash. Good choice. Godzilla: The Animated Series or even the MIB animated series would have to be the template to go with; obviously the same characters and such, but with a different tone and brand new adventures galore. The humour would obviously be changed, but they could still keep things like The Twins and Wheelie/Brains (perfect comic relief once you get rid of the smut). To link back to the DTV idea, I think their best bet with an animated Bayformers series would be to focus on Lennox, Epps and Simmons, with characters like Sam and Mikaela (or Carly) are recurring roles, showing up every once in a while. The focus would be on the Autobots and NEST at their base(s), tracking down Decepticons and whatnot. I think it'd be cool, but understandably not up everyone's alley.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

A War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron show would definitely be something I'd be interested in. Just seems like so many characters to explore and a rather exciting time in the Transformers history. Plus it would be a nice change of pace to have a show set before they came to Earth instead of every series being set after the arrival on Earth.

If not a whole series then at least the direct to video animated movies like Marvel and DC do for concepts that just can't make it as live action films.

17. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    it might solve a lot of complaints about the movies, like lack of transformers spotlights, not enough characterization, only two non-generic decepticons..

18. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    what they said

19. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im thinking something like rescue bots but live action and a bit more mature could work with bays transformer designs.

20. Soundpulse

That... be strange.