How will Getaway react to (SPOILER) death?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Zylly103, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I think it's a question worth asking.

Ostensibly, Getaway and Skids were friends (partners in the Diplomatic Corps if nothing else; Getaway (a known liar and manipulator) said they were friends).

Assuming the friendship was true, we also know that Getaway didn't call the DJD and didn't want anything bad to happen to the rest of the crew other than, perhaps, a stern talking to from the Galactic Council. Though this is, again, a debatable point, given how much the GC hates Cybertronians.

Still, I suspect we'll see Rodimus throw a "You got Skids killed!" in his face. I wonder how he'll react.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2016
  2. GohanX

GohanX Well-Known Member

Nice spoiler in the topic.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zylly103

News Credits:
    Respectfully, Skids died six months ago. That's an eternity in comic book time.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Skids is dead?!? :eek: 

... Is how I imagine he'll react.

:p 

Robo Morghulis

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Even though it's been six months, that's very poor form to put a major death like that in the thread title.

But I imagine Getaway will be a bit bummed, but will easily write it off as just an unfortunate occurrence. Even though they were partners, it doesn't seem like the two were particularly close. After all, he had no issue sending Skids off with the rest of Team Rodimus and putting them in harm's way (even though he didn't expect the DJD, but still).

• Like Like x 1
  6. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am not sure that Getaway will all that depressed about Skids. I mean he abandon Skids on the Necro World with the crew. Getaway will categorize Skids death as an acceptable outcome and blame it on Megatron some how and never be the one to accept it.
    Now with Ravage in Getaway's mind he would say that he is Decepticon and it what he deserved.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    "Nobody expects the DJD. Our three most dangerous weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency..."
    "Unantrium blades."
    "Right, our four most dangerous weapons are fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, Unantium blades..."
    "Outlier powers."
    "Our five most dangerous weapons are..."

Surprised nobody used this joke on the wiki, they aren't generally beyond this kind of thing.

• Like Like x 5
  8. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

It's an interesting case. We know Getaway only wanted Megs dead, and his deal with the GC seemed to imply the rest would be spared (if stranded).

If we can assume that Skids and Getaway were really friends, Getaway probably still only shunted Skids off because he knew Skids wouldn't support a mutiny. But we also know, from the Tailgate situation, that Getaway considered other lives disposable in the cause of eliminating Megatron.

Honestly I'm more interested in getting back to the Lost Light than I am in the Functionist Universe, albeit I'm still intrigued. But I surely hope during this six-issue arc we cut back to the Lost Light, or have some kind of interaction with the crew still on the Necroworld that isn't just soaps.

BLASTER MAN BLASTIN' AT YA WHYYYYY

• Like Like x 1
  9. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Depends on if Getaway is still a right guy or not. I'm sure he'll blame Rodimus, regardless.

And seriously, complaining about six month old spoilers? C'mon.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Zylly103

News Credits:
    He did abandon him, but not with the intention he'd be killed. On the one hand, Getaway is pretty much utterly amoral (he's even worse than Prowl), but on the other hand, even as much as I love to hate him, I'd still love to see him get a "Dear Primus, what have I done?" moment.

The problem with Getaway is that, as a known liar and manipulator, we can't take anything he says at face value, up to and including being friends with Skids.

I'm also very interested in what's going on back on the ship. Lots of characters we've come to know or recognize in that group, like Hoist or Xaaron or Thunderclash.

It also occurs to me that we only have Getaway's word that everyone else went along with it. For all we know, Team Rodimus were the only people he wasn't able to brainwash.

Objectively, Rodimus is a pretty terrible leader. From a reader perspective, he's endlessly entertaining. But Getaway is definitely the type not to think anything is his fault.

11. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will someone edit the headline, please?
    I read it in real time but why throw it in people's faces?

12. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

I'm surprised people are writing off Getaway as being utterly cold. I, for one, expect he'll be kind of messed up when he finds out about the DJD attack and Skids' death. My take on Getaway is that he's got a bit of Prowl in him - do what's necessary to further the Autobot cause, and do it ruthlessly - but that he doesn't want Autobots to die unnecessarily, least of all those he's worked with.

• Like Like x 2
  13. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

I mean, Prowl was his boss. I'd absolutely expect him to have learned a few things in his life as a covert ops assassin/spy/whatever.

THERE SHOULD BE TWO BOOKS.

14. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Well keep in mind depending on what happened to NecroWorld (
    as in, if the marooned crew that used the teleporter crossed dimensions or the whole planet because that hadn't been settled yet
    ) Getaway will currently believe everyone is dead.

15. Nocturne

Nocturne Professional Ginger

News Credits:
    I'm happy to say I have no idea how Getaway will react :) 

He's a fairly nuanced character, so I'm struggling to predict his reaction and I think that's quite exciting. You'd hope he would show some remorse for his actions, but we saw how eager he was to chuck poor Tailgate under the bus just to get rid of Megs, so you have to wonder if he'd care that his supposed friend died. Would he count it as an acceptable loss so long as Meg is dead?

Another thing to bear in mind is that we only have Getaway's word to trust when it comes to his past partnership/friendship with Skids. Maybe they did work together but HATED each other. Maybe Getaway used Skids amnesia to his advantage and forged a new friendship, one he could later exploit. Maybe he's telling the truth. Either way I take everything Getaway says with a huge serving of salt.

One thing I'm interested in how the Rod Squads apparent death will effect Getaway's position. Although it hurt to see characters like Blaster amoung the mutineers, I would bet good money that none of them wanted to see anyone hurt... We'll, okay, maybe they wanted Megs hurt a little. Anyway, The Crew will be angry that their friends are dead, and they will be looking for someone to blame. If Getaway isn'the careful he might have another mutiny on his hands.

16. Omnondippy

Omnondippy Well-Known Member

i know that no-one likes getaway but i do think that skids diving will make getaway realise what he did and make up for it somehow. (or just go back into prison).

17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I'm still kinda thinking he's involved with Tyrests crew somehow and expecting him to lead the Lost Lighters to their doom.
    But i'd happily be proven wrong and having them at the brink of making contact with the Knights by the time Rodimus' crew catch up with them.

18. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The difference between Prowl and Getaway is one quite smart about his tactics. Getaway is amoral but he is not same position as Prowl to get away with it. After getting out of the Functionist Universe the crew will have to find Lost Light but the alternate dimension is not really Getaway fault neither is DJD. Prowl would include the possibility of GC transmission being over heard by the Deathsaurus and his crew as well as DJD.

19. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Getaway mourned the deaths of Team Rodimus at the end of MtMtE#50. Hes not a villain, he just sees Rodimus as a joke of a captain and as for Megaton, who wouldn't want him dead after all he's done?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Zylly103

News Credits:
    I'd forgotten about that. So he clearly regrets something.