How was archangel reverted to angel?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by SubotaiBaghatur, Dec 4, 2005.

1. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I picked up the X-tinction Agenda TPB and read it this week and enjoyed it more than I suspected after having been letdown by the whole trip down memory lane with Age of Apocalypse. Anyway X-tinction Agenda got me to wondering how Archangel was turned back into angel. I quit reading comics for the better part of the late nineties and completely missed this happening. I remember seeing him at some point with blue skin, blonde hair and normal wings and thinking WTF? Now he is back to the boring old angel character, what happened there anyway?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, technically speaking he still goes by the name Archangel, but I know what you mean.

Warren's original feather wings returned in Uncanny X-Men #338. His metal wings had been damaged in a fight with Sabretooth and the injury wasn't healing. Eventually his metal wings exploded, revealing a new set of feather wings underneath. It was suggested that Apocalypse had something to do with it, but no real explanation was ever given.

Warren's skin color didn't change back until Uncanny X-Men #412. He was injured in a fight with Black Tom Cassidy, after which he demonstrated his secondary mutation (a concept I always hated, personally), namely a healing factor. It kicked in for the first time, restoring Warren's energy and changing his skin back to its original color.

All of this looks to be a moot point, though, as Warren is apparently one of the mutants depowered after House of M.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Warren has been, and always will be my favorite X-Man. (Well, except during the "dark times" when he had those damned metal wings, and stupid blue skin. But now he's back to normal, so everything's a-okay with me. :D 

:banghead:  Jubes and Bobby...Now Warren...looks like Marvel's trying to depower all my favorites.

4. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I really think the angel character is kind of weak just because all he could do was fly, Archangel was a little cooler and darker but still never my fav. I didn't know warren had a healing factor as I only read astonishing x-men and not the other dismal (imo) x-titles.

5. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Read X-Men #178. ;) 

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    It looks like a lot of House of M stuff is trying to fix secondary mutation. Both Iceman and Angel had it and now are depowered. Also, I have a feeling the mutant gene is just being cloaked by Scarlet Witch and Emma will be able to repower it. It seemed to work with Bobby.

7. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Hopefully this means Hank will go back to being Beast, and no longer be Morris the Cat.

8. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

Wasn't Beast's transformation not a second mutation but the result of Sage's screwing around with his healing abilities to try and keep him after he was almost killed?

9. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Sage only "jumpstarted" his latent healing abilities and saw a ghostly image of his cat-look which he mutated into shortly after. I think they ment his cat form to be the result of his secondary (third?) mutation though. I wish they would have kept him ape-like.

10. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually it was secondary. Remember his change from man to beast was self-inflicted.

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Spoiler!
    In X-Men 178 which came out this week, on the last page Bobby Drake regains his Ice powers. However he looks a little different...(He has Ice hair and he looks kind of morphed out)

12. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

How'd that happen?

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At the end of the issue the leader of the Human Resistance has a gun to Drake's head and he freezes her arm and then boom he turns all -Icey again. It happened at the end of the issue so no explanation was given.

14. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Not sure yet, but Emma was poking around inside his head right before it happened.

15. SubotaiBaghatur

I didnt really understand this scene. Iceman also looked like he had been chopped off at the knees. X-men is my least favorite X title ATM so I seldom do more than skim through these issues.

16. Switchblade

News Credits:
    That's because he was kneeling.

17. SubotaiBaghatur

That makes sense in sort of an obvious way...

So was the surprising moment here that he got his powers back?

18. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    You sure about that?

Emma mentioned the Premotor Cortex, which is a part of the brain involved with motor control. I'm pretty sure she was in the Sapien League woman's head, trying to shut down her body so she couldn't pull the trigger.

19. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

That's what I thought at first too, whatever the case is, Bobby is still Iceman again.