Minor/Repaint: How to use a junk Universe 2.0 Prowl

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by deadalertcorps44, Apr 6, 2020.

1. deadalertcorps44

deadalertcorps44 Well-Known Member

Back in 2009, I purchased a Universe 2.0 Prowl. I thought it was a pretty cool figure. So how did it turn out a decade later? Here it is today:

[​IMG]

OK, so that looks pretty terrible, but my copy wasn't actually that bad. It did, however suffer from the paint issues. I tried to salvage the paint job, but I just made it worse. I put this guy in storage and forgot about him until I picked up the siege prowl. I wasn't sure what to do with this guy at first.

Until I did.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, the 2.0 shoulder launchers were removed and trimmed to fit into the siege mold. The tips were chromed with molotow chrome marker. I'm very happy with the results, and I think it looks better than any of the 3rd party upgrades, if I'm honest. I'm not quite done here, however.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So what I've done here is unscrewed 2.0's head, trimmed and sanded it down, then epoxied it to the prime master that came with Punch/Counterpunch to create a Prowl headmaster/titanmaster. Chromedome is the only titans return car mold that I have. I think Mindwipe works surprisingly well with prowl.

Ultimately though, I think I'm going to display it like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think my terrorcons are going to be my only combiner team displayed individually. Finally there's this.

[​IMG]
    Ok ok, I know that just looks like a normal Earthrise Hoist, and it basically is. However, when I recieved my copy, it had a short screw instead of a pin going through the right knee. This caused the knee to be extremely loose. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the q/c issue, so you'll have to take my word on it. I didn't feel like going through to customer service, so I cut the plastic around the front wheel/ axle on my 2.0 Prowl to get the pin. If you take a look at Hun-grr's mouths, you can see that I separated the arm from the body. That's where I got the pin. The pin is a perfect fit, but it has threads, so its very difficult to push all the way through. After heating the knee with a hair dryer, and applying pressure, I finally got it to work. Now the fixed knee is even tighter than the normal one!

That's all I've got from this mold so far. If I have any more mods I'll post them. Moral of the story is junkers aren't complete trash, but still mostly trash, and going through customer service is too much of a hassle.

• Like Like x 10