How to tell the new KO Reissues apart from authentic toys.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JunkersHVN, Mar 15, 2007.

1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The packaging looks legitimately aged. The KOs of Prime (there have been no reissues in that packaging) are really terrible quality. So unless the person bought a KO and spent a few days carefully aging the packaging you're probly ok. The KOs also don't have styrofoam inserts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KylerWilmoth

KylerWilmoth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The box is 100% legitimate. I have no doubts about that. The figure looks just like my Optimus, so I think it's real as well. One of the main things that is different from a KO and original is the pins holding the wheels on, and they all appear to be correct. I think you're good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sideswiper

Sideswiper Member

Thank you all for looking! I'm glad I got the real thing. That's a relief. I was going nuts looking all over internet for comparisons and checking for clues.

4. KylerWilmoth

KylerWilmoth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Here's another easy check when you get him in hand. A real Optimus will have no peg on the inner smokestacks to keep them aligned. The upper arm will have a hole almost as if a peg should click into it, (this hole is hidden directly behind the smokestack) but there will be no such peg on either smokestack. I hope this makes sense, its hard to explain through text.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sideswiper

Sideswiper Member

Cool, thanks for the tip! I think I remember seeing that in one of the comparison videos I saw as well as looking for numbers and other markings on the figure and trailer.

6. jediblaster

jediblaster Member

I have a way.

so far the KO's have been better quality. seriously. When I get a Hasbro/takara piece that the pieces don't fit together as well as a KO, then something clearly is a foul.

7. Auxilium Vitae

Auxilium Vitae Active Member

The KO G1 Prime I picked up has styrofoam, but has gray cardboard in front of it.

I have a couple KO MP figures. Some you can tell like Wheeljack the paint is a little sloppy, but some of my other ones are better them the originals.

8. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

I've read that G1 ko Motormaster has a different head with some circles on the forehead,I tried to look at Youtube reviews but images aren't defined enough.
    Please,can you tell me how I can distinguish a G1 from a KO?