How to re-introduce fire convoy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Galvatr0n, Aug 2, 2019.

1. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

A Fire Convoy done in the style of armor-up Siege leaders, with a Pyro remold, sounds like a winning idea to me. I’d buy it.

Don’t even really care how they try to fit him in story wise, or what they call him. That’s the easy part, there’s multiple ways to shoehorn him in.

In a related note, we are super overdue for a new X-Brawn figure. I like everything about that design... his color scheme, his asymmetry, his face sculpt, his big punchin’ hand. And yet zero new figures of him in, what, almost 20 years now?

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'd be shocked if they even bring back the character in ANY new toyline let alone in the WFC given Hasbro's hyper focus to have EVERYTHING be G1 as possible to the point of pushing aside the other TF eras in a great extent if not fully. Sure we got Cybertron Optimus in Siege but even then they had to find a way to make him more G1 despite the fact that the design was already a upgraded take on the G1 design to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I hear you, and you might be right. But looking it another way, how many times can Hasbro release Prime as some form of red cab? I reckon there much been at least half a dozen this year excluding masterpiece (but including Cyberverse). Between 1984 and 1988 there was only one OP, and probably only 2 or 3 in the entirety of G1. We get that many in a year now.

Plus, if Hasbro is going to do a token Car Robots release, this is probably the one it picks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I totally get what you mean and the first part about how many times can Hasbro sell the almost exact same design of Optimus over and over again is a highlight of why I'm not exactly happy with how Hasbro's trying to make everything G1 nowadays. Not only does it leave little to no room for the other eras to get a chance to shine but it risks losing sales because you're basically selling almost the same thing but with a minor difference. That's not good when you're trying to give people reasons to keep on buying your products cause that's what killed off the 2002 He Man reboot series to begin with.

Believe me I want Hasbro to start giving us non G1 designs at least if not non G1 characters altogether but Hasbro hasn't given me reasons so far to think they will. That being said we do have hints that we'll see a BW and Armada revival in the future so that could change.