Minor/Repaint: How to God your Ginrai in 2 minutes or less! (proof of concept)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by SG hailstorm, Sep 12, 2020.

1. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    Hi there! have legends Super Ginrai and GodBomber but hate the combined mode backpack and don't like the "fan-mode" fix either? here's a quick and easy tutorial on how to make your God Ginrai more accurate in a few simple steps!

WARNING!
    This tutorial involves removing pins from GodBomber seperating his torso pieces and making him more of a partsformer, this only effects transformation into trailer and robot mode, both of which will still hold together solidly.

Things you will need for this customization:
    - a pin-punch/small enough screw driver
    - a pair of thumb parts from any POTP combiner hand-foot-gun

Step 1: Remove the two small pins from the joints at the back of GodBomber that connect the front torso/backpack sections and Super Ginrai's first set of rear wheels as shown here:
    20200912_014045.jpg (this leaves two open holes but is neccesary for the mod plus it makes Ginrai's truck cab have 4 wheels which is more faithful to the original toy/anime model)

Step 2: Collapse GodBombers upper arms/wing assembly inward on the torso section you've just removed and attach your POTP thumb pieces with the thumbtips facing up and the balljoints facing towards each-other as shown below:
    20200912_013002.jpg
    you can do whatever you please with GodBomber's thighs, i personally fold them in to help clean up the backpack, but they also look really good folded out as extra thrusters/boosters

Final step: Line up the balljoints of the POTP combiner thumbs with the holes left from the removed wheels and you'll end up with a nice and tidy (and more accurate) backpack!
    20200912_012916.jpg

And you're done! hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
    20200912_012856.jpg

If i had a 3d printer and any kind of knowledge on modeling, i could whip up a pair of adapters that plug into the now vacant wheel-holes then paint them to match the truck and have 5mm holes to match the posts on GodBombers upper arms, but alas i do not.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 13
  2. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    See this is so much better than takaras one. Like godbomber already comes apart to form armour i dont see why they didn’t just go all out and do Something like this

• Like Like x 1
  3. loof

loof hungry AND thirsty for plastic

That thread title is perfection.

• Like Like x 4