How to fix TLK Unicron on Earth issue.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LegionofMordor, Feb 3, 2019.

1. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I know but they can still at least pretend it did something if Prime decided it's worth to go back to that wreck and rebuild
    Well I guess her trying to kill him again would be repetitive but it depends..as of now I personally I still think Unicron was never going to awaken,the story was about Quintessa draining him to revive Cybertron...and I don't think a human can help her that much now so it was left unsolved for a reason probably..to give the feeling of "the battle is never over"
    So you suggest we should have Unicron close to Earth and somehow not being able to just play football with it or feed himself with it in planet form untill Prime and company can even reach inside him and light their darkest hour?I mean in TFP he was a god with a transcendent form..he didn't really need to transform,he had his mini 'crons and then in Predacons Rising he possessed Megatron and had an army of (un)dead Preadacons so it was more about Earth and Cybertron being sisters and their core contained the god of order and light and the god of chaos..the concept of being a planet was kept but they did something different with the character.In the in Armada and Energon he wasn't even much of a villain...he was just the representation of danger and a weapon at times.

2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's no way to fix Unicron being Earth in TLK. It's a terrible idea to begin with, period.

Move along, nothing to see here!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Or maybe it will be forgotten about. And instead a new story will be told.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I suggest not using Unicron period. He was only thrown in because he legitimately was the only bigger threat type plot element they could work out...and besides, after Unicron gets defeated, how do you ramp up from there?

YOU FUCKING CAN'T.

And he wasn't even much of a villain in Armada? He literally is the only reason the war even happened! He ENGINEERED THE ENTIRE WAR to generate the bloodlust and warmongering that would feed him. He created the mini-cons for the war to be fought over (which is why the mini-con logo is his head and ring) and he operated through his agents (Sideways and later Thrust).

• Like Like x 1
  5. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's fun to speculate but bayformer fans have to face the fact there is not going to be a sequel to TLK.

(Maybe IDW could do a sequel comic)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Uncrazimatic55

Uncrazimatic55 Well-Known Member

That's probably what's going to happen.

7. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Yes but if you plan to make a final movie why not end the series with Unicron's defeat?Maybe Megatron making a honest truce this time too then move on with whatever series they got next..TFP didn't get the 3rd season the way they wanted it to be but they worked their way around it and created a different story(Beast Hunters) and of course it was a short season but they managed to bring it to a closure even with an animated movie..so I would like to say it's not such a bad ending if it's indeed an ending.

8. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    YESSSSSSSS

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Because TLK was supposed to be the beginning of the TFCU, not the second-to-last in the series.

Yeah, no, not happening.

Do not even get me started on how Prime was a complete shitshow that didn't know what the hell it wanted to do and is the reason we're stuck in a G1 holding pattern - because it constantly ran over budget and the show runners were at constant war with every other department they were supposed to be working with.[/QUOTE]

10. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I get people hate AoE and TLK, but I want to see it finished, a proper ending, I hate the cliffhanger ending with Quintessa on Earth and Unicron, I want some sorta ending. Then I want a CGI all Cybertron movie.

• Like Like x 1
  11. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Was TLK a proper sequel to AOE in your view?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unicron is pretty much dead already. Continental drift already tore him apart. Besides, Cybertron's remains are hanging off Earth, probably throwing the oribit off. We are screwed. So unless you enjoy your species going extinct, there is no way there is a good ending to the story.

14. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

There's also the route where they could focus more on Unicron's chaotic aspects rather than him being a planet-sized Transformer...

Insane Idea...The "Multicron" Theory

With the "Multicron" theory you could still have Unicron inhabit other planets and transform! You can even have flashback battles with multiple Unicron planets fighting multiple Cybertron/Primus planets! What's more epic than Unicron and Primus fighting? Unicron and Primus controlling multiple planets that transform and battle each other! Total Shrekage!

Personally, I'm not a fan of a planet-sized Unicron as a character or villain in a live action movie, because his scale makes it hard for him to interact with the other robots...BUT I wouldn't mind if he was similar to the Japanese version of Headmasters, with Unicron being like the "head" of the much larger planet-like body rather than the entire body itself. That way he can still personally fight other robots and convincingly talk with them.

That, and/or focus on his more chaotic elements. Give Unicron the ability to cause geologic upheaval and fight his enemies that way, with fissures and volcanic eruptions and what not. Have Unicron turn Megatron into a new form of Galvatron, and have Unicron with his own infernal Transformers. Bring back the cubeforming aspect of Galvatron. Galvatron is Megatron's Earth-built body, and his transformation scheme represents the chaos of Unicron and Earth's geology!

And I don't get the constant fandom desire to eliminate AoE/TLK from canon. Frankly, I think the characters and concepts and lore introduced in Age of Extinction are considerably more interesting than those in the first three Bay films or in Bumblebee. Why anyone would want to eliminate Lockdown, the Pathetic Dirty Foursome, Cubeforming Galvatron, Transformium, Dragonesque Kaijubots, and Stupid Drones from canon just to go back to the overused, trite, overrated characters and concepts and status quos this fandom wants ad nauseum is beyond me. If anything, I wish Transformers 5 was less along the lines of Unicron/Witwiccans and more along the lines of Quintessons/Creators and Cubeforming Galvatron, with the latter as a rogue Transformer demon of sorts with his lack of a soul, cubeforming ability, and devilish horns! I'd much, much rather see more of THAT than more of the 1984 Ark crew, more WFC/FoC-type battles, more Starscream betraying Megatron for the umpteenth time. Get Shrekt!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wat ya talking bout Willis!?

16. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    You fans are so lame

17. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aren't you a fan too?

• Like Like x 6
  18. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    What, because some of us aren't falling over ourselves to try and support what is a dumb concept in execution?

Dont act like the movies as you knew them were going to continue forever. Sooner or later the big fat reboot button would have to be pushed and after 11 years, the movies have had a longer run than any other mainline series as the flagship incarnation. It's time to accept it's time to move on.

• Like Like x 3
  19. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

I know how to fix it........ you take TLK and stick it in a blender.... then stick with the Bumblebee movie as a reboot so everyone sane person in this world can forget TLK ever happened.

I watched it again on playstation vue ...just this weekend and the first time since the theatre... just wanted to see if its as bad as I remembered and god , its worse the second time around. the dialogue was so awful I wonder if it was written in chinese and then translated to english.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  20. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Huh.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Son of a gun I do see it. After all these years of watching the anime and buying the toys as a child I never caught on to that.

But yeah to be on topic, I can't see how Unicron can be used again. TLK ruined what could be a cool villain by putting him in a situation where he can never be used again. TF Prime did it okay by having avatars of his will to fight for him, but it only worked on TV. In a big blockbuster film with questionable character designs, the audience would just see the Autobots chop up more unnamed minions again for the SIXTH time.

• Like Like x 2