How to convert a girlfriend into a TF Fangirl...suggestions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SwindlesShop, Sep 16, 2009.

1. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    well its not my gf in general cause she already loves transformers, but i was asking if u guys had stories etc

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know about turning a lady into a big fan, but you could get a lady to find them adorable and cute. My female friends (who only know of Transformers from the film) liked the film and loved Bumblebee. Show her some of the smaller Transformers (Legends, Mighty Muggs, WST, 3-inch Titaniums perhaps) if she hasn't seen them already. I have three of the 3-inchers and all six Mighty Muggs at my desk at work and everyone likes them (and my female coworkers vastly outnumber the male ones). Going with the cutesy route might be one idea.

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    i'm glad my gf likes transformers and even accompanies me to toyhunts.

i guess, you can start by giving cutesy stuff like the plush bumblebee or optimus. and whatever you do, don't let on that you like megan fox. ;) 

4. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Hypnosis?

5. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    +
    [​IMG]
    X1000

6. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

/thread.

But I guess I should answer. Transforming a girlfriend into a transfan.

If I recall, difficulty is up there with Leader class toys.

You have to be careful when you lock her arms back, because the ball joints can pop out if you force them too hard. Popping them back in is a little annoying. Also, if you twist the legs too hard from the end instead of higher up, the foot may come loose.

Stowing the weapon isn't too bad, though.

- Coeloptera

7. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Don't bother.

My girlfriend doesn't have to like Transformers. She likes me, and I'm lucky to even get that much.

In all honesty though, my girlfriend isn't too into the whole toy collector scene. But she understands that it's a hobby like any other. I have mine: TFs, toys, comics, Pokemon video games. She has hers: girly manga (shoujo), and Asian drama series.

No point in trying to convert anyone. If she gets into it, cool. If she doesn't, no big deal. It's your thing, not necessarily hers. As long as she's cool with you having a toy collection. If she isn't, then that's another matter and you should drop her like soda out of a vending machine.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Mod

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'd have to agree here. I think there are more interesting things to write about for such an assignment. If you're wanting to write about something TF-related, I'd suggest something like this: TFArchive - Transformers Fandom

Honestly speaking, I'm glad I married a woman who is cool with me being into Transformers, toys, and the like. I don't feel the need to necessitate being "into" my hobby with me as part of having a romantic relationship. My wife isn't trying to "convert" me into any aspect of the things she's "into", though I may watch John and Kate Plus Eight simply to be with her because its one of the many things she enjoys [Usually, I can paint or do something else while it's on anyways].

We've got threads upon threads of fanboys complaining about how people don't accept them for their hobby of TFs, etc., so I don't see the overwhelming need to try to "convert" a girlfriend into a "TF Fangirl".

If you're really interested in getting a girlfriend "into" TFs, I think I'd suggest the 2007 movie. My wife really enjoys it (as do I), and it's a good place that's accessible to those who aren't "fans". I still believe that this is one of the reasons it (and RotF) was such a success.

9. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Give her a couple of basic bots to transform and show here the movie. My missus isn`t a fangirl, but now she knows the names because I just bang on about stuff all the time. Plus she likes that I like it and its better than me going to strip clubs.

10. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

Say that she is more beautiful and clever ( this must be real fact) than Megan Fox. Then go with the bumblebee and animated bulkhead.

11. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

Force yourself apon her in the middle of the night while wearing the optimus prime voice changer helmet, Scream at the top of your lungs...I AM OPTIMUS PRIME I AM OPTIMUS PRIME..over and over.
    Remember! it dosent work if she consents.
    Reverse order of instructions to convert back to normality.

12. nick_hotrod

nick_hotrod Member

lol, well all the girls alot of girls i know like transformers (love the 2007 film and 2009) and because of that, they've some how gotten there hands on the orignal series (dont look at me cause i dont know who... cough) and next thing u know i have my own little trans fangirl army =) (okay prehaps only 4-6 of them) and now they are al already waiting for the 3rd film 2 come out, they way i got one of them to watch it was to somehow mension transformers from time to time (works best when were getting drunk in university) and next thing you know there wanting all the films and then the G1 eps

13. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    I remember that >: )

Oh mrsoundwaveguy you.

14. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK What u do is taunt her saying I bet you can't Transform this........... she transforms it without instructions thus getting hooked.

PROVEN FACT!!!!!! PROVEN FACT!!!!!!!

15. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Kiss Play.

Disturbing? Yes.

Wrong? Yes.

Gross? Definately.

Just tell her that's the way all Transformers are. You'll walk in the house one day to find her kissing all of your toys. The rest will take care of itself.

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. And my wife is a traditional, classic woman - I'm happy with her being into shoes, purses, and jewelry, not toys.

17. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

How difficult would it be not to be at least more clever than Fox?

As for looks...I've said it before, maybe I'm jaded, maybe it's because I'm in Vegas, but I honestly might not even look twice at Fox if she wasn't famous and I saw her in the street.

- Coeloptera

18. TMIIWonkoNemi

TMIIWonkoNemi Well-Known Member

I'd go with the idea of showing the girl a few Beast Wars Episodes and see what she thinks.As for the toys,go with the Animated Toyline first,particularly the Deluxe or Activator classes and see what goes on from there.

And whoever said that girls don't like Transformers is clearly wrong.I'm a girl and I love Transformers.

19. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

Find a guy friend that likes transformers... give him a sex change....now you have a girlfriend that likes transformers.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nexus Maximus