How to bring out a new Beast Wars with modern humans?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by beastal, Jan 1, 2017.

1. beastal

beastal Well-Known Member

If there is a new Beast Wars-type of show with the return of Maximals and Predacons, modern humans need to take place. But in the future like The 100 show.

Humans find a new planet similar to Earth to make a new home. A new war with the transformers has begun.

2. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Never seen 100 so can't really comment on that. In BW s2&3 the anthropoids were ok for max and pred character development but I'm glad Ditillo and Forward didn't spend too much time with them.

I always liked the idea of anotger crew safeguarding the timeline by monitoring the gap between BW and 1984. More "modern" humans like Cro Magnon and Neanderthals could make an appearance, but the focus would be on the prehistoric animals that are now extinct. Saber tooth tigers and mastadons and giant armadillos and such. The maxis would be elite time agents going after a sinister band of preds, the cult of Megatron, who would see his vision of snuffing out humans and autobits from histiry come to fruition.

Is 4 million years too long of a story arc? Legends of Tomorrow seems to have done a good job jumoing back and forth in time to select points.

-Kronatron

Please excuse my spelling errors, my phone has a tiny keyboard and I have not-so-slender fingers. :( 

-Kronatron

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody ever read DC's Kamandi series? This thread makes me wonder about setting a Beast Wars story in a post apocalyptic future where humans are almost extinct and the animals have become sentient and talk. We've never had a series where the Transformers are disguised as the dominant intelligent life-form, and the idea of a Beast Wars series with that setting kind of intrigues me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    A lot of the BW Uprising stories have been very good. I wouldnt mind seeing a cartoon based on them.
    The humans (while i loathe the idea of humans becoming a dominant space faring race. Especially in the span of about 40 years) play a far more interesting role there than they do in most TF fiction.
    But i do like the idea of expanding the BW roster with less obvious beast altmodes.

5. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 狡猾の死神

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a Beast Wars-like series that takes place in the modern day, rather than in prehistoric times. :rock 

6. cutestprincess

cutestprincess Well-Known Member

I kind of love the idea of future humans and maximals teaming up for intergalactic space exploration, it has potential. Maybe they're testing out a new meathod of ftl travel or spacebridge, but a predacon attack strands all parties involved on some kind of bizarre "land of the lost"-style planet full of animals from across all time periods and brimming with energon, leading to the necessity of beast modes for the cybertronians.

7. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Or just don't bring humans into it at all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

No humans. Pebbles and Bam Bam brought down Season 3 a bit for me.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    The problem is most animal disguises don't really work well in a modern environment. Sure nobody minds a dog or cat running around, but a gorrilla tends to raise a few eyebrows, while a T-Rex might cause a rather more aggressive response. And a cheetah's speed means absolutely nothing against something like a jeep, which rather negates the offensive benefits of such an alternative mode.

If it could be done, I'd love to see it though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Post-Great War setting on Earth. Human civilization has been reduced to a pre-industrial state. Nature has retaken the burnt out husks of all the world's most populated areas. Vehicles & technology exist only in the form of rusted junk piles.

Wild animals run rampant, creating a setting where beast modes make sense. Humanity has vivid memories of the alien robots that nearly drove them to extinction & are hostile to all cybertronians regardless of faction.

Maximals use beast modes to avoid confrontation with humans that they'd rather not injure or involve in their fight.

Predacons use beast modes, because did you see what a handful of neanderthals did to Inferno, Quickstrike & Waspy with just spears? A coordinated human attack means trouble for the Preds.

Whatcha think?

• Like Like x 6
  11. Honorbound

Honorbound Taking a break.

Ebay:
    I like what you're selling - in fact, I was going to post something about an after-the-end scenario, but yours is more well-thought-out.

The Maximals and Predacons in this scenario would have even more reason to hide, since the scale discrepancy between them and humanity would be gone for the most part.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:

It would be something to see humans manage to take a Maxi or Pred hostage for a change. I could certainly picture a small group of humans dog-piling on someone of Waspinator's stature.

Beast modes in this setting could range from extinct species to living creatures. Fuzors could be worked in if someone scans for a beast mode in an irradiated city.

Where Beast Wars was about fulfilling destiny & preserving the past, this one's theme could be about the future & dealing with the consequences of their Great War.

13. Honorbound

Honorbound Taking a break.

Ebay:
    With Waspinator, I don't think you would need more than two or three humans, and that's being generous.

• Like Like x 3
  14. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

It only took one small girl.

Situation normal then.

Dinobot's legacy bestowed upon our ancestors the ability to defend themselves against predators and later even Predacons. There should be cave paintings or some sort of lagacy of the brave warrior Dinobot who saved us all before we even existed in this new modern era Beast Wars!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a modern show could probably work. Sure a gorilla running around might be odd but then try saying that to the Yeti and Bigfoot.

As for a T-rex, there are cryptid Dinosaurs

16. beastal

beastal Well-Known Member

What kind of Maximals & Predacons do you all picture in this one? And for some Autobots & Decepticons to be reborn as them?

I picture Quickswitch & Sixshot coming back. With that father-son relationship.

And Predaking would be leader of the Predacons.

17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I woul prefer not too much Bots/Cons to be in a BW show but i like your choices.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Do it in the setting of the original toyline, where it's modern day, and the Beast Warriors all vary wildly in size and it's just a chaotic war turning things borderline post-apocalyptic. Humanity is pushed aside as beasts of all kinds come out of the woodwork. The Predacons savagely bled humanity dry of all it's worth, and the Maximals are thrust into the hero role of protecting and guiding humanity to safety. The war is a global affair where every culture and location has some kind of conflict smeared across it.

Guys, the entire point of this thread is about what if humans were brought in. Not should they be brought in. If you're not going to play, you don't have to post.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Our opinions are based on past experience, thus we're dubious about the inclusion of humans in a BW story merely for the sake of it.

BW addressed humans in two different ways. One, like in Code Of Hero, where they are something to be protected but not interacted with. Or two, like in Go With The Flow, where humans were introduced as characters and interacted with directly.

One of those approaches yielded far better results in our opinions, so if BW did get a revival at some point in the future, we'd much prefer an all TF cast.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    So you want humans who are able to talk (as opposed to neanderthals), with a premise more like the one-season series Terra Nova (looked up 100 years - that's returning to a post-nuclear apocalypse planet where humans are still around. Terra Nova is more of the sci-fi 'colonization' premise you seem to be getting at if you remove the time travel part), only to engage in fighting the Maximals and Predacons because reasons?

...isn't this basically the movie Avatar if you replace Pandora's various large wildlife with robots (a.k.a. Horizon: Zero Dawn)?

Because I don't see why humans need to be shoved in just to start another idiotic war with the Transformers in a blatant disregard for the original premise of the franchise. Which is a war between two sides of the same species in a politically driven civil war that caused them to get transplanted off their home world and onto Earth, so they take on disguises and fight the war in secret right under the noses of the humans. While Beast Wars removed the humans entirely more or less, it still works because of the smaller scale of the conflict and most importantly the absolutely amazing degree of writing that invested so much life and feeling into what was then totally groundbreaking CGI animation. Beast Wars is proof that humans don't need to be forced into being major characters for the sake of just having humans. I'm sure there may be a way to force humans into Beast Wars but as it stands, just doing it because humans exist without a real reason for a war to break out that hasn't been done to death already doesn't sound appealing to me in the slightest.

...not gonna lie that sounds way too similar to the basic plot of DOTM for me.

I don't remember that episode at all - I'll have to watch it later to refresh my memory.

• Like Like x 1