How strong is Quintessa and how old is she?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TFFan01, Dec 15, 2019.

1. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was watching some special effects feature and Lorenzo said that she was 6 billion years old. I suppose the rest of the Primes are of similiar ages.

Also, how durable is Quintessa exactly if she can act as a conduit for the energy transfer between Earth and Cybertron, and if the energy is so strong that a few seconds after the staff is activated, Cybertron's continents start moving so fast that their movement is visible from space?

Edit: Typo in the title. I meant "How strong is Quintessa and how old is she?"

2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    The movie doesn't tell us anything so how can we know?

• Like Like x 10
  3. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

It's a shame they didnt give us any many clues to who Quintessa really was. The only things we can gather about her are:

• She's old. Like said above, she's 6 billions years old from BTS, and the films itself hints at this since she has Pangea carved in her chamber, which could mean she, herself, has seen it. (As the other "creators" we know have)
    • She "possibly" has power over Cybertron itself. She's the one making it move to Earth, she can control the parts around her, like how she summoned chains to incapacitate Optimus.
    • She's Cybertronian (?). She calls herself Prime, She's metal, she has optics, she can teleport (not unlike The Fallen, connecting her to possibly be a prime like she said) and has the ability to stop Optimus charging at her with some kind of force like ability.
    • She claims ownership of the staff. The only thing we've seen it do is connect and siphon energy from Unicron inside the Earth to Cybertron. It's possible she might have actaully been a pawn of Unicron and was transferring energy to him instead but who knows.
    • Her guardians knight, who seemed to be loyal to her at some point in the past, called her "The Great Deceiver" which could mean multiple things. Did she lie about being the creator, or about being cybertronian, or being benevolent, or about eating the last slice of pizza that was saved for Dragonicus? It could be anything.
    • Last, she has a connection and hatred (?) to Unicron. She can apparently feels that he's in pain and claims she was to destroy him. This, again, could be a lie to conceal more true intentions.

I feel Quintessa might end up being a mystery that will never be solved. Hopefully if the leaks of a deluxe character of the same name being released under the Earthrise toy line is true, we might get some more clues or answer on who she really was.

4. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    I want to quote this post the next time I see another Movie "speculation" thread.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

"Magically" speaking, she's strong enough to be able to b*tch slap Prime after he arrives on Cybertron.

As for her age, she's at least old enough for the Guardian Knights to have stolen her staff before Earth's (or rather in Europe and the Mediterranean) "Dark Ages."

And speculation threads and crazy theories can be fun IF backed up with evidence and an explanation. I have some crazy theories, like The Fallen and Quintessa being the same being (or at least connected) or Sideways being the same robot as Barricade. And as admittedly out there and unlikely those theories may be, at least I give evidence and reasoning as to why those ideas could be the case, even if it's unlikely.

So I say MORE crazy threads WITH evidence from the films rather than the mundane, ad nauseum "Bayformers sucks/rules" threads.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I really don't understand why people seem to think answer to things the movies didn't answer even exist. The continuity is dead, not everything gets answered even in complete continuities of some franchises.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

The answer to your question very likely isn't known even to the people who came up with this character...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Strong enough to destroy a prime. But not a Bumblebee

9. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Lorenzo pulled that number out his bum.

• Like Like x 3
  10. TFFan01

News Credits:
    Well what I meant by this question is if her age of 6 billion fit the timeline and if there was any evidence of her age anywhere in the movie. As for the "how durable/strong is she?" question, what I meant was that how strong/durable her acting as a conduit make her in terms of the energy she took from that roughly.

These questions are supposed to go off of any possible hint/evidence in the movie or other related material (bts, bio etc.). And if there's none, that's an answer too.

I should have been more clear.

11. ObakaChanTachi

News Credits:
    There isn't. Period.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TFFan01

News Credits:
    It's just a question, you don't have to be so aggressive. Not to mention the Pangea symbol in Cybergraptor's post MIGHT be a hint.

I myself don't think the producers of the film cared much about such things but if there IS any hint, that might be worth a thread.

13. ObakaChanTachi

News Credits:
    I apologise if I came off as aggressive, but never does anything hinting to Quintessa having a backstory besides being a "great deceiver" appear. Bay to my knowledge hasn't discussed anything about her this forum and the TFWiki hasn't picked up either.

Considering she herself was a bizzare replacement Bay pulled out of nowhere in place of the Creators he set up a movie prior, it's no surprise TBH. The only *meaningful* discussion we would be able to have in this situation are baseless headcanons because the filmmakers themselves didn't give a shit.

• Like Like x 3
  14. TFFan01

News Credits:
    But the thing is my OP was a question. If there's nothing I've missed like secret hints or evidence or possible timeline placement to determine her age anywhere in the movie besides Lorenzo commentary, or if there's nothing condradictory in the movie timeline in regards to the said commentary, then that's the answer to the question, which is 'there's no answer, besides Lorenzo's commentary'. As I said, it's just a question, don't see why people are getting so worked up about it.

I was more insterested in the other question anyway.

15. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    She was exactly 1 movie old! And now shes dead!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Here's the thing-IF the bayverse films were written well, and IF character development and coherent, logically-connecting storylines had been something bay & co. really consistently cared about, these questions would not come up-at all. The bayverse does not have Saving Private Ryan-caliber character development or Citizen Kane-level storytelling. . .

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  17. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uh, these questions can still come up regardless.

It'd be like asking how powerful is Thanos exactly?

No one is asking for these levels in a Transformers movie.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TFFan01

News Credits:
    I already mentioned that I realize that Bay and co probably did not care about the details of the lore and were making things up as they went. That doesn't mean we can't try to make sense of the canon they made intentionally or unintentionally. I was asking if there was anything supporting or disproving the 6 billion number, that't it.

19. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

older then 1600 years.
    the fallen probably older then the Paleolithic age

20. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Given what has been previously shown and said several times over, I (and some others, possibly) strongly feel the only "sense" (and I am using that word very loosely) that can be made, especially when it comes to a filmverse that clearly gave ZERO fs about logic, character development, sensible storytelling and consistency, is that those who created it, also gave ZERO fs. Expecting or attempting to inject sense into it, is equivalent to attempting to squeeze water out of rocks. . .Or expecting foxes, wolves, and hounds to go vegan. . .IOW, a lost cause. . .It is what it is, it be what it be, and to paraphrase Ray Charles, "It do what it do, baby":D ;) :lol :lol :lol :lol 

• Like Like x 1