How should the WFC toys be repainted?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Obviously Optimus into Magnus.

Bee will be Cliffjumper. Bugbite? Glyph(spelling?)? Bumper? Hubcap?

Megatron into Galvatron, perhaps? Soundwave into Blaster or Soundblaster (Name?)?

The possibilities are endless.

2. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I doubt we're going to see anymore repaints/remoulds of the WFC figures we have right now. There's not really that many options of who else they could be used as. Fans are always complaining about white Optimus Prime repaints as UM but when was the last time we actually got one? Classics and even then it was an exclusive, and there's the Alternity figure too but that was also just an exclusive.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Megatron as Emirate Xaaron.

4. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

News Credits:
    You may not see any wheels, but, in the game (I have yet to play it, so I may be wrong), the land-based Transformers have a hovering alt-mode in which the wheels/treads fold/compact. The back wheels could fold up into the trailer.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

That still means his actual alt-mode would be a two wheeled thing.

6. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    You keep saying that like it's fact, it's not, it's your opinion.

And posting pictures like this:

Makes me see the similarities and makes me see how, in my opinion, a clever, detailed paint job by Hasbro on Prime would make quite a decent Magnus. A perfect match? No... but passable.

7. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Sorry, but it's not a matter of debate. They're two different alt-modes that are only similar in color, not in shape.

You're basically arguing that a semi-truck and a Lynx bus are indistinguishable.

You might as well slap red, blue, and white on Bumblebee, give him a new head sculpt and dub that Ultra Magnus. Close enough, right? They both have wheels.

8. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to troll but i think an optimus to red and white magnus would be a pretty good recolour and a first for hasbro. However i would also like to see a sentinel prime from that mold to fit in with classics. As for soundwave i am %100 behind a mainframe repaint with the amount of actionmaster love we have seen recentley (axor, Banzai tron, sparkcrusher/gutcruncher) we may be in with a chance.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can see enough similarities, that with a good paint job, you could pull it off, resculpt the shoulders and a new head, it'd pass

10. Jetstream

Jetstream Well-Known Member

WFC Optimus as Magnus or Nemesis Prime is probably the safest bet. If they release Starscream then the other Seekers should hopefully follow. Though for Magnus I'm not really seeing much similarity between his design and Optimus. While FP could make an add-on that becomes Magnus and raps around the outside of the vehicle mode (the red panels at the front of Magnus looks like the grey windshield on Optimus). Though for a re-paint Optimus's head could be resculpted into Magnus but I don't think the shoulders could be as the side/top and back pieces of the shoulders form some of the panels in vehicle mode

11. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I'd actually like to see them make Grimlock out of Prime. Their designs aren't even vaguely similar in the DS game, but it looks like they share a similar transformation (i.e. Chest becomes front of truck, legs become rear, etc). I think it could look pretty good. Maybe give him his sword instead of the gun Prime comes with.

12. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Look... I'm not the only one who thinks so:

Yes it is a matter of debate(or opinion since there really isn't any "debate" going on). Please get off your high horse and except what is an actual fact: that different people can have opinions that differ from yours.

Don't tell me what I'm arguing. I see the six-wheeled mode(2 larger ones at the front, a pair of smaller ones at the back), the crotch as the front bumper, the three "ridges" forming the front of the vehicle... that actually makes it look quite similar in shape to me.

I'm not trying to convince you you should change your opinion, just showing that I have a different opinion so please stop passing off your opinion as some inherent fact of the universe.

13. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Can see Optimus becoming magnus, with new shoulders and a head. Whilst the detailing on their alt-modes is very different, their sillhouettes are similar enough that it could totally work.

Also, do we have any info on whether these are cannon? They're DS only, and since its made by a different developer, I was just wondering if the concepts were universal across all dev teams on different consoles, or developed specifically for the DS game - in which case there's a good chance if they appeared in the 'main' series of games (ie: Xbox/PS3/PC) they might get redesigned. I'm not sure on the precedent, so this is just a stream of thought - anyone with actual knowledge on this: it'd be interesting to hear. :) 

(Although that might just be because I dislike the concept Rodimus design. :p  )

14. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about Megatron repainted into Demolisher?

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just paint them in the mp colors lol

16. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

While I do love repaints, and definitely expect them, I can't help but hope they're going to release new WFC molds in the future. I mean, I'd kill for a Motormaster and co., 'Bolt and Raid, and so on and so forth. Right now though I expect the usual repaints of Op to Magnus, BB to CJ (maybe a Tap Out too, please?), Soundwave to Blaster, and Megatron to Galvatron perhaps.