How should the Transformers come into the MCU?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BeeOtch217, May 19, 2019.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    A better question is who the hell actually wants the crossover? Are you mainly asking simply because you think a crossover between the properties would be cool without an OUNCE of consideration to the logistics of such a thing? It takes YEARS of build up between individual films to even produce an Avengers film, you honestly think that dropping in Transformers out of the blue is a good idea?

• Like Like x 4
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    There would really be no point anyways. If it was a versus thing, Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel would probably disassemble any Transformers easily. If it was Autobots and Avengers vs. some villain, it would essentially just be the Avengers having a few extra copies of Giant-Man.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 Who The Hell Do You Think I Am?

YouTube (Legacy):
    If they can’t pull it off in the comics, they certainly won’t be able to in those watered-down, PG-13 movies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Optimus could teach something more about freedom to Cap.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    That's...not how freedom works. And it's not a justification for why you think a crossover wouldn't immediately be a colossal train wreck that would sink whatever studio was dumb enough to try it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cyberbot8460

YouTube (Legacy):
    Another terrible idea.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

Hell, even Hawkeye or Black Widow could give Ravage and Laserbeak a hard time. The only Decepticons that could, hypothetically, pose a problem would be Megatron himself or any combiners.

The only way you could justify a team-up is if you wimpified the Avengers or made the Decepticons overpowered.

More to the point, there's no real reason to do it; Transformers existed just fine for almost thirty years without Marvel. Even then, Marvel's TF comics were, pretty much, in their own little world; separate from everything else.

To use a comparison, DC did Star Trek comics at about the same time. What would you say if someone suggested Klingons show up in a Green Lantern movie? It'd be laughable.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    You severely downplay the significance of Marvel in the foundation of this franchise. The comics were the FIRST Tansformers media released, it is the origin of the very name of Optimus Prime among others, and who do you think wrote all those tech spec bios?

9. Nathanoraptor

I'm not underplaying the significance; I understand that the Marvel comics were important in the formation of the franchise. It's where the names and the original bios were made.

However, Transformers has been its own thing for almost thirty years; it's not an integral Marvel property. Even when it was Marvel, the TF comics were mostly their own little world.

• Like Like x 1
  10. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
  11. sevenlima

Ebay:
    Stark create a new kind of armor using cybertronian technology.

12. Michael Joseph Jackson

Michael Joseph Jackson Member

Now's the time to plan since BB hasn't crossed into Captain Marvel's '90s timeframe yet. Give in to MCU now in a joint venture or compete with them lol.

13. Nathanoraptor

Whilst the reactions here are many and varied, it seems to me that there is one central point that many people misssing. As @AutobotAvalanche states below:

Hell, even Hawkeye could give Ravage or Laserbeak a hard time; all he'd have to do would be to shoot an exploding arrow in a vulnerable part, cripple them and kill them whilst they're on the ground. And the more powerful Avengers could probably take down the Seekers or Soundwave. The only Decepticons that could, hypothetically, pose a problem would be Megatron himself (and that's simply because of the fusion cannon) any combiners.

The only way you could justify a team-up is if you wimpified the Avengers or made the Decepticons overpowered. Either way, that's a flimsy excuse; you have to bend the story to justify the team-up.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  14. Homerrca

Homerrca Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could maybe see a movie where the decepticons are located by Hydra in stasis lock, powered back on and either controlled by hydra (the decepticons would regain their personalities and kick their butts) or align themselves with Hydra. The Avengers could discover the ark and wake up the autobots. Personally I would stay away from the Michael Bay movies and move back into the G1 world (His movies were not that bad but didn't make any sense).

If anything, I would like to see G.I.Joe vs the transformers. Reboot both series.

G.I.Joe could work with the MCU, Hydra can become Cobra (or hide behind Cobra) and the world governments create G.I.Joe to help protect the world and keep the MCU characters in check.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  15. sevenlima

Ebay:
    I had a similar idea.

16. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    How would it be different from his nanotech armor in Endgame?

17. sevenlima

Ebay:
    with a alien looking.

18. Nathanoraptor

The problem is there's no reason for a team-up. For a team-up to work, the common enemy must be too powerful for either party to stop alone. And that doesn't work here.

The more powerful Avengers could probably take down any Decepticon up to the Seekers or Soundwave. Hell, even Hawkeye or Black Widow could give Ravage or Laserbeak a hard time; all they'd have to do would be to aim for a vulnerable part, cripple them and kill them whilst they're on the ground. The only Decepticons that could, hypothetically, pose a problem would be Megatron himself (and that's simply because of the fusion cannon) any combiners.

The only way you could justify a team-up is if you wimpified the Avengers or made the Decepticons overpowered.

What I think he means is that, functionally, it would be no different to the Nanotech armour in Endgame.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cyberbot8460

YouTube (Legacy):
    That wouldn't make it any different.

• Like Like x 2
  20. sevenlima

Ebay:
    Maybe we could a similar armor like Kicker from Energon.