How should the Cybertron backstory in TLK go?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by electronic456, Dec 26, 2016.

1. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So it's been confirmed that TLK will explore more of the Transformer origins than before. And this is the one thing I am both curious and concerned about.

First of all, this movie has the daunting task of not just bringing in new ideas but also a consideration of what has been established beforehand.

So this movie will introduce the Quentissons as the creators. So pretty much I expect the Five Faces of Darkness G1 story to have some influence with the slave race to free race aspect.

In my opinion, I feel as if the Allspark should be an object that has mysterious origins rather than a Quentisson created object. I think the Allspark should just appear out of the blue and give the robots sentience. It should also be noted that the Autobots came first then the Decepticons. Why?

Well since the Dinobots aka knights are supposedly the oldest. It should be noted that Slug has an Autobot symbol visible.

That way I can buy the idea that the Allspark is like a god. Hence why Transformers have left Cybertron in order to find ways to help sustain it by looking at distant worlds.

The film also promises to explore Optimus and Megatrons' backstory. We have been given bits and pieces of their backgrounds through previous films and I really think this is the chance to show something for real rather than talk about it.

What we know about Optimus so far is that he was once a 'knight' or at least a rogue creation who is built for something and that he descended from the Primes. TLK promises that it would explore the Librarian aspect which in my opinion sounds like Orion Pax. I imagine that 'Orion Pax' should be a reincarnation that had no memory of his prior life who guarded the Allspark before launching it into space and let Cybertron suffer by the time he is Optimus Prime during the war.
    Side note: When he discovers he is the last of the Primes there should be a moment of surprise which plays back to Optimus supposedly questioning his leadership.

We also know Optimus was mentored by Sentinel in which in my opinion should mean that Sentinel Prime has to play a role in this backstory through what he has taught him. But could it be possible not to include Sentinel?

As for Megatron, we know he was the apprentice of the Fallen. The Fallen as we know him as Megatronous is what gave Megatron his name. Like Sentinel, it really feels like he has to be a part of who Megatron is. We also know Megatron made that deal with Sentinel which I'm not sure with. We can ignore this since I don't know how they were supposed to rebuild Cybertron with no Allspark.

TLK promises the explore more about the Primes so I feel compelled that those two Primes should be of some significance. There is a new Prime also which I need to know more of before adding context. Exploring the Primes should also mean that the Matrix should see an appearance which absurdly did not appear in AOE.

There is also the divide between Autobot and Decepticon. From what we know... Autobots fight for freedom while Decepticons are absolute power.Yeah I think everyone knows that. But really I think the divide should really boil down to the desperate possesion of the Allspark.

So to cut it short.... I made this thread not just for speculation but also for a number of reasons.
    I want to make it known about the film series tendency to ditch concepts they established. (Thanks Ehren Kruger:rolleyes2 ) That is... Sloppy continuity. Seriously the idea of Creators nearly ruined the Allspark concept.

I also want it to be known to the producers, writers and so out there to be considerate when making their cinematic universe.

Anyway, I know there are threads out there that addressed how to fix the movie continuity but I just want to reassure.Sounds like a lot of rambling but I think it might be worth it. There is probably more stuff I could add but until now.

So does anyone else have an idea on how the backstory should go?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  2. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

I think they should only explore the history that only involves the plot of the movie, and they should save most of the backstory for the transformers one prequal movie.

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    ^ except there won't be a transformers one prequel flick, and showing the history of only the plot of the movie has been done in literally every single transformers movie before this one.

They need to finally go in depth and explain what the last 4 movies were about. Why has the transformers or events having to do with them frequent our planet to the point of being involved in literally every aspect of our history. Why is it that Optimus prime is a knight. Who are the dinobots and what role did they play as "ancient legendary warriors".

Stuff like that is important to connect when talking about a connecting storyline. Going random movie to movie is no longer an option now. They HAVE to explain and connect things and have elements actually lead into another movie. So far AOE is the first to have done this with introducing the existence of transformers "creators", the existence of transformers "knights".

4. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

Yes there is a prequal movie lorenzo the executive producer said in the set visit.

5. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Didn't Optimus say he launched it into space as a last ditch attempt at stopping the Decepticons from getting it?

Yes there is?

6. electronic456

News Credits:
    I don't think so. So if the plot rumor of Optimus being responsible for Cybertron's death is true you could easily incorporate his responsibility in launching the Allspark.

7. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'd love it if they did a mythology tale about the knights and how they fit into Cybertron's folklore.

8. electronic456

News Credits:
    I just want to bring this thread back up because of a few things.

Should Sentinel Prime and The Fallen really return for this?

I also might need to speculate if the Librarian is the introduction of Alpha Trion.

There's also the 'different form of Decepticon' which I'm gonna say is a Predacon. I'm piecing the idea that maybe the three-headed dragon is a Predacon sent to Earth for energon hunting or so.

9. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

The different form of decepticon could be liege maximo

• Like Like x 1
  10. electronic456

News Credits:
    Now the more I think about this... The more I feel as if much of the lore from the Aligned continuity could fix a couple of things.

Makes sense.

11. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Watched dotm last night, and one thing I never really noticed before was what happened to cybertron once the pillars were first stopped. I mean we all saw the process stop etc, until Mr inappropriate starts it all up again briefly. However the process wasn't getting the same attention from sentinel as before as he was fighting optimus, also during the rest of the processes cybertron never really got any bigger .... could it be that this part of cybertron the pillars had transported was permanently annexed from cybertron and was transported somewhere else other than its original location and due to that process of kinda collapsing in on itself became a small protoplanet that somehow gets organic .... could explain cybertrons apparent smaller size in the trailer, also the fact that actual cybertron could be missing all of the section transported in dorm with some added plot could explain why its also lost mass and size

12. electronic456

News Credits:
    I must say that with all the potential this has, I just get the feeling that the Earth stuff is going overshadow it which is a bummer.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I'm not expecting the backstory stuff to last more than three minutes, honestly. I mean, with all the other stuff going on (including the introduction of new characters AND re-introduction of old characters), this movie seems like it'll already be 2 and 1/2 hours even without it.

14. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'd like a flashback scene of Optimus pressing the button or giving the order to launch the Allspark into space.

15. Megatronus the Fallen

Megatronus the Fallen The First Decepticon

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm pretty sure by "knight", it's another word for "primes."

EDIT: But there's a flaw in my explanation: the dinobots are referred to as knights.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017