How should a Rack n Ruin toy be made?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'd say repaint Fastclash and Cloudraker with a new head and a new piece that if you detach different arms on each of them, you can reattach them to the new piece to resemble how they were in the comics. If the arms can't detach easily, then they would be remolded so that they can be. I don't know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    If its possible to do it...I figure...why not take both flight capable clones....and...retool...as I always believe it was said that both R'n'R had previously had aerial alts before being conjoined...so...take Cloudraker & Wingspan...and...do the whole retooling to allow for conjoining...and...if they wanted to...they could go a step further...by taking Fastclash/lane & Pounce...do the same thing...and...call them Crash'n'Burn...or...Crash'n'Collide...or...something similar...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd lean towards starting with the Cloudraker design, but flipping the torso backwards (so that the arms rotate behind for alt-mode). Then Rack's right arm would be a gun arm and his left would have a small connector on the underside of the forearm. Ruin's left arm would have a matching connector and the right arm would be the hammer. The combining connection would be worked out by rotating the inner arms all the way around, then rotating the elbow so the forearm is parallel to the upper arm w/the underside facing out.

4. shapercreator14

shapercreator14 Terrorcon

News Credits:
    Either as a Deluxe (2 legends scale figures joined at the shoulder) or as a Voyager (2 deluxes). Personally I would want them to not be separated and when they transform they form one solid alt mode. Or alternatively, I would do them like the Battleclash and Roadtrap legends, where both figures have an alt mode, a robot mode, and a combined mode.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd opt for something like that. Something like two largish Legends size jets (though I'd really prefer them to be Voyagers or Deluxes) that turn into the duo with each having a regular arm and a 'gun arm'.

Height-wise, I'd want them to be tall as Deluxes, at the very least, even if they're a bit skinny. They could probably add a feature that allows you to 'stretch' them to the appropriate height.

Detach the gun arms, combine the duo together into their traditional form, and transform the weapons into the classic hammer and anvil that they can now carry in their normal arms.

Something like that shouldn't be too hard for Hastak. They're pretty much using 95% of the mold for both figures.

Hmm, I actually want this now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. King Glurch

King Glurch It's too late for Christmas, Starscream!

YouTube:
    The figure would be either legends or deluxe class, and it comes with an arm adapter that goes onto the arm and makes it so you can attach another figure onto it. Basically, you buy two figures, and an adapter goes with each figure. The adapter goes onto the arms and connects them, turning it from separate Rack and Ruin that transform into separate jets, into Rack'n'Ruin who transforms into a double jet, in the style of Energon Slugslinger.

EDIT: I just thought of this but, due to the figures would be designed, one could make an infinite string of Rack'n'Ruins.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I wouldnt mind the combinable Legends approach. Besides the particular shoulder attachment part, instead of them combining like a duocon into a larger stacked figure, Id rather see two alt modes that can combine into a larger alt mode.

8. Isaac Hill

Isaac Hill Systems Analyst

Non-transformable BAF, like Transmutate.

Or, use Kre-O. It looks a little out of place next to actual TFs, but is better than nothing. Next to them is the lavender seeker with a flame trhower from episode 1 of G1, done movie style.
    RackRuin.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gallade

Gallade Yes, I am!

News Credits:
    I'd like to see it as two deluxes, since in that photo it looks like RnR are the same height as Topspin. Both bots should have a connector of some sort on their arms like Rack will have it on his left and Ruin on the right. And then, they will be done somewhat like Battletrap.

10. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

No

11. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Retool Topspin and Twin Twist, have their arms be able to lock together (so you're not removing parts), and there you go. Sell 'em separately, probably in two waves, or as part of a box set. Different molds increases appeal outside of core fans, and two waves means there's not two nearly-identical figures on shelves at the same time.