How old are Dinobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TFFan01, Oct 10, 2016.

1. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since dinosaurs died 65 million years ago and the Dinobots were made from them, are Dinobots roughly 60 million years old? Does this mean they are older than Primes or are Primes 60 million years old themselves? Or are Dinobots only thousands of years old? (which means the creators decided to wait millions of years to make Dinobots for some reason.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Younger than Primes, older than current cybertronians. So they were born during that period between 17,000 BC and 10,000 BC.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OP does call them Warriors of legend. So they are probably quite old. They are Autobots (as the emblem on Slug's head) would suggest. And they appear to be older than OP. At least older then "this emboyment" of OP.

The Primes are the oldest. At least those like The Fallen anyway. The current OP is a decendent of the first Primes so he's not as old and as I said, probably not as old as the Dinobots. He seemed to "know of them". Probably from stories but they didn't seem to know who OP was. Otherwise I don't think Grimlock would have challenged OP as he did if he knew he was a PRIME.

And it's never said if the Dinobots were made to resemble Earth Dinos. We seen giant scorpions (Scopinok) birds (laserbeak) and Cats (Ravage). So I think it's safe to assume that Cybertronian life takes on many different forms just like Earth and many other planets do.

4. TFFan01

News Credits:
    Then how old are the Primes?

5. tonyformer

News Credits:
    IDK lol. If the Creators were farming organic worlds to make the Transformium needed to make cyberteonians, and they were farming organic life from Earth as early back as the Dinosaurs and maybe even earlier than that (never said if they only farmed Earth once) could have been multiple time over Earths life. But if they (The Creators) built the Primes for a reason, they would have probably built those First Primes around the time they farmed Earth when Dinos were around or even maybe they were built sooner than that from when (The Creators) farmed another planet or planets. So the First Primes are more than likely millions of years old I'd guess.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TFFan01

News Credits:
    When you think about it, Optimus Prime, Megatron and most of the Decepticons and Autobots and even Sentinel Prime are only thousands of years old since they weren't even around at the time Primes came to Earth, compared to other continuities were they're generally millions of year old.

7. tonyformer

News Credits:
    The great pyramid of Egypt was built over 4500 years ago. Something like 4,555 years I think as of now. So in the time of TFs(the movies). The Primes came to earth 4,500+ years ago and that's when the pyramids were built. So OP not being around then means he's at least a few thousand years old I'd think. So the First Primes like the Fallen would be much much older than OP.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think Dinobots are VEEEERY old! I have a theory that Dinobots was built by Creators to defeat the First Primes when they rebelled (because only Creators saw Dinosaurs), but Primes convinced tDinobots to join them, so that's why Grimlock has critical attitude to Primes' descendants - he remember the First Primes and loyal ONLY for them. Obviously Knights should be familiar with Dinobots, because they're Black Knights and I think it's impossible to Dinobots offer their backs to Autobots if they didn't do it early. And Grimlock has some place on his back that remind a simple saddle! I also think that Autobots emblem was an emblem of Knighthood, but after it disappear some of the Knights became the leaders of future Autobot fraction and their disciples took that emblem

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Preeeeeeeetty old.

10. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram: