How often do you SELL Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AnAutobot1985, Oct 29, 2012.

1. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

Be it eBay, Craigslist, TFW, etc. How often do you tend to sell some of your bots?

I sell quite frequently. My collection is always changing, things coming and going. I primarily use eBay to conduct my sales. In the past month I have sold many bots, 15-20ish. I currently have another dozen or so up for auction. I need to raise some cash and I hope to get a 3rd party Dev outta this.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Fuck man ... I rarely sell my stuff. In the past year I've sold maybe 3 figures.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Once every 26 years

4. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Over the last few years I've sold (or traded) off all G1, G1 Reissues, RiD and Unicron trilogy figures, plus my MP-04 and a few random extra CHUG/RTS figures... I'm pretty much done now and completely happy with my enormous (and still growing) CHUG/RTS, Movieverse and Prime collections (plus MP- 01 and MP- 05).

5. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just sold my first one... and I now have a few of them for sale in the sales section... but I won't sell on CL due to people wanting a bargain and wanting them for cheaper than what they are worth.... I would do ebay but, it's too easy to be ripped off on ebay for both sellers and buyers... I just don't trust it..plus the fee you have to pay..

6. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    every so often I sell a few I feel I don't need, sometimes that means I have to rebuy something, but its something that needs to happen from time to time. If I'm not messing with now and don't find it enchanting enough to keep it then its just wasting space.

Actually I've got a ton that I need to get rid of right now, I've just been way to lazy to list them. Maybe I'll just toss them on ebay as a lot or something.

7. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Selling MP Megs is what got me starting on selling stuff on ebay. BBTS offered me 60 bucks store credit which was a joke, I then signed up for ebay and sold him for 165 plus shipping.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much never so far.

9. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    I'm trying to sell my G1 collection because I need the money and room, but every time I get an offer I chicken out. Too hard to let go.

Usually I sell off a figure when a better version comes out. So far I've sold MP OP version 1, MP Megs, MP original seekers. Had no hesitation selling those.

10. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's gotten a bit frequent.

11. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never sold one, because the market for it in Norway is extremely limited, and shipping internationally from here is extremely expensive.

12. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Everyday I sell one it seems or a few. I am always swapping figures out for others.

13. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Whenever I really need beer money.

14. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I sometimes get the urge to clear up the space (usually when I have 500+ TFs). I also promised myself I won't get any more storage boxes, so when the toys start to spill out everywhere I sell some.

15. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I tend to sell off things from recent years. I buy a lot of things like classics that don't really stay in my collection. they fulfill the 'new toy' buzz then get sold on within a year or two as I find them incredibly boring. I noticed this trend and then decided to stop buying classics altogether as a result. unless i see something with collector value (ie: windcharger) that can command a premium down the line. The things that stay in my collection are G1, RID and Alts (which got me back into the fandom) MP and Animated. Anything else is fair trade down the line.

16. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I have an ongoing sales thread in a local TF forum, Cybertron Philippines. I always have stuff for sale. Blame it on buying lots(with only a few target figures in them), buyer's remorse, space and financial considerations, etc.

17. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Almost the only time I sell any Transformer is when I specifically buy it to hook up fellow board members at cost. Sometimes it's such a good deal that I pick a few up without anyone in particular in mind for the item and actively seek out those that want then/it... Other than that on the rare occasion that a better representation of the character is released in the same class size.

18. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    9 years ago...

...Never stop since. :p 

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I only sell Duplicates.

20. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Constantly trying to unload stuff, ever since Energon ended. I think I've got about three times the size of my regular collection just sat in boxes trying to sell them on- AEC, Beast Wars, Animated, Robots in Disguise 2001....but I just can't shift em.