How much will Devy go down?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autoboty, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to grab a CW Devastator for a custom but I think it's too pricey to just make a leap of faith. He's already dropped $10 on BBTS, how uch do you think Devastator's price will go down and how long will I have to wait until then?

2. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First I was going to say "not at all because he's completely vanished from stores" but then a couple more showed up at my local TRU, so your guess is is good as mine.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the $140 price, he didn't really go "down," unfortunately. That's the price that BBTS and TFSource have been charging the entire time it has been in stock at their stores. They've always had it marked slightly under suggested retail, whereas Toys R Us has it marked up a bit.

That being said, a couple weeks ago member cbff posted a link to the site Jet.com, which has Devy in stock for $140, plus a 20% off offer on your first purchase and free shipping. That's how I got my Devy, who just arrived this week. Total shipped was just under $114 with the discount, which seemed worth it to me. He may go lower at some point in the future, but this is still a pretty good deal, I think.

4. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Plus BBTS charges shipping, which I assume takes it back up to TRU price, if not more.

5. vproject

vproject Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would advise you not to wait too long. You never know when he will go out of stock online and you can't find him on retail also.

6. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Using Metroplex as an example- kind of easy to get at first, then Costco clearance-priced them for the holidays, and now... good luck.

On big-ticket smaller market run items, I usually never wait for a lower price later on. Best bet is what WhiteMocha mentioned, while they last.

7. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Gonna echo this sentiment. Devastator seems to have been released in lesser numbers compared to Metroplex, and I can't see him even getting to Costco.

Metroplex got a limited UK release, whereas Devastator hasn't. I think retailers had a bad experience selling off a high-value Titan figure, so ordered in smaller quantities.

The only thing I think you can hope for it people selling him off for cheaper when Takara TOMY Devastator comes along.

8. Dachande

News Credits:
    I was thinking that as well, but realized I have a UW version on pre-order and plan on keeping both. Hasbro version as Devastator, and Takara as the team. I have a feeling that may be something more people do than we think.

9. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought one from BBTS for my son. I also ordered all the protectobots and Cyclonus at the same time. The discounted price and ordering the case lot of the others saved me money.

You also have to pay tax at ToysRus. The cheapest way to get a Devastator is to use a 20% off ToysRUs coupon and live in a state with no sales tax.

I don't see Devastator going down at all unless Costco has them for the holiday. If Walmart and Target had him, then after Christmas you could get lucky with a markdown. I bought the majority of my big ticket Transformers at Target during the after Christmas clearance. Wholesale price on Devastator is probably $85. Eventually you might find one for $90 if it was located somewhere like Ross. Which would only happen if Hasbro made a ton of them and they didn't sell.

I don't ever expect to see Devastator under $120.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, I lost out on Metro because of his price skyrocketing.

Of course it didn't help that I wanted the TakTom version, but either way, you wait too long and you'll regret it.

11. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

In Canada, CW Devastator was on sale for 30% off twice with a $10 coupon code at TRU. Normal price was $189.99 CAD and with the 30% and $10 off and free shipping, it was $122.99 CAD before taxes ($93.99 USD)

12. Dachande

News Credits:
    I ended up with the Hasbro version from HTS when they first went live, and they were offering free shipping and a coupon code.
    I then got the Takara version from a local boardie for the same price I got the Hasbro one for. Lucked out with that one.

13. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Local TRU's have Devy in stock, but retail has gone UP. Currently at $169.99 on the shelf here. :( 

14. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

TRUs are starting to get him back in for the holidays but are now going for $160-$170 in some reports. He may show up at some point for a discounted price somewhere sometime as he wasn't an exclusive he was most likely made in decent numbers as most stores carried him, he was just an online only order for places like Walmart, target and, kmart. When he released in August those places were offering him for the $140 price. That is probably close to the best your going to find him. I would check the those other stores and see if they still offer him online see if they have any discounts going to get him cheaper, they were also offering free shipping on him. Short of that the longer you wait the harder it will be to find and the higher the price will go.

15. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
  16. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I never saw metroplex in the stores

17. Hitokiri

Hitokiri Well-Known Member

I think it all come down to supply and demand. The reason why the CW version Devastator has stayed relatively expensive is because the supply was fairly low at first. Now it seems TRU is really pushing the Devastators out to catch up to customer demand and Christmas demand and because of this I can imagine the prices going down after a while. TRU is WAY overpricing Devastator mostly since you can buy it new for under $150 at many other places.

In the future I can imagine Devastator basically staying the same price as right now and even dropping in price. I bet you a year or so from now I wouldn't be surprised to see some loose Devastators going for $125 or so.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Tough to say because we don't know how many retailers are going to put out for the holiday rush and how quickly parents might buy them up. Seems like big is a thing again and there is a strong nostalgia factor to tempt parents as well.

Maybe someone will use them for one of those door-buster deals for Black Friday but I wouldn't bank on it.

19. Dachande

News Credits:
    I saw one at TrU, but they were available at Amazon, HTS, BBTS and many other online retailers.