How many villains to introduce Unicron and Tarn, according to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Insurgent

Insurgent Big Red Fire Snorting Dragon

Oh that would be good. Wouldn't even need an army, just have Sixshot be the lone villain taking on everyone.

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Truth be told, for the most part the movie villains were likeable.
    I loved Sentinel Prime whose portrayal was greatly enhanced by Leonard Nimoy's performance.

Shatter was a good villain as well though Dropkick was too one dimensional for me.

Likewise, I liked Quintessa and Nemesis Prime. Galvatron too. Lockdown was well written but his voice was terrible and impacted negatively on his main villain status.

At least Bumblebee has set the stage for a Shockwave more in keeping with his G1 self.

Personally, since I love Seekers and was delighted seeing them in the movie, I'd be happy to see a Starscream focussed movie where he's exiled by Megatron at the start. However, he employs the Combaticons to help him stage a coup. Note, he doesn't build them as I fear there'd be an inclination to follow the G1 cartoon too closely and have him build them from old Earth vehicles which seems silly to me.

Of course, down the line, I'd love a multi parter based on Target 2006 where Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge travel back to the present with the same ending where Galvatron is tricked into thinking he was in a parallel dimension. Be a nice thought provoking way to beat the villain instead of the usual mcguffin or slug fest of a lot of movies.

If the franchise gets successful enough, where like Marvel, the movies are intelligent enough to win over mainstream non fans, Galvatron revealing himself to be Megatron could be the 21st century, " I...am your father!!"

Also be a good way to introduce Ultra Magnus.

A lot of the successful comic book movies stay very true to the source material. Even back in 1990, the first Ninja Turtles movie had scenes quite close to the comics.

3. Sablebot

Sablebot #iposttomakeyouthinknotdebate

How about the movies take their time, properly develop characters, and not just throw in characters just for the sake of throwing them in??? Let's not tarnish the good things BB started by imagining that bayverse tactics will work this time around:rolleyes: o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Hasta La Vista, Bay Bee

News Credits:
    I say go for a trilogy.

Movie One (Transformers: Earthrise or something like that)- Megatron. Set in '84, this one is basically just a two-hour long version of a G1 episode, with more depth. However, little strings are left out there that seem vague and senseless: a single, unnamed Decepticon with a mask, Shockwave mentioning "plans," and connections to Cybertron constantly being disrupted. Megatron, in the end, dies by his own plan backfiring, and is lost in space.

Movie Two (Transformers: Enigma or something like that)- Shockwave and Tarn (ish). Centered in '92, the Decepticons are a big mess, until Shockwave and a legion of soldiers he calls the Decepticon Justice Division restore order. They get beaten. In an after-credits scene, Megatron's dead body, drifting in the void, is found by a massive, unshown planet.

Movie Three (Transformers: Countdown to Extinction)- Unicron, Galvatron, and the Fallen. As the New Year rolls around, Unicron devours Cybertron, and begins to move towards Earth. Ahead of him are his legions, led by Megatronus and his assistant, the mysterious and cryptic Galvatron. In the end, the Fallen is killed, Galvatron escapes, and Optimus sacrifices himself to end Unicron. And, of course, Hot Rod becomes Rodimus.

Eh? Is it any good?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    I gotta ask galvatross, when did you start to lose your sanity on this form hahaha.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Moves way too fast and is way too fanwanky.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Hasta La Vista, Bay Bee

News Credits:
    Eh, true.

8. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek yourself before you check yourself! Veteran

I'd say the human mind works best on the edge of insanity!

Seriously though, that idea is something I have had for quite some time, although of course details will change here and there. I know who the Matriarch Supreme and her four WJD members would be, as they would have some real life inspiration, but I can't say who due to forum rules. Likewise, I can't say how the conflict gets resolved, as that also would break forum rules.

What I can say is that in this film, the Womxn's Justice Division would be the defender and ally of femmebots, regardless of faction. Jaegertron would probably have the Lepre-Con leader, the river-dancing, clover-shuriken yielding, leaked Energon drinking, luck o' the Irish Cloverkill, as his ally, and he would also have his friend Nick as an ally.

• Like Like x 2
  9. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Galvatross is a master level user. He posts ideas that are just as crazy and ridiculous as anyone else, but they're somehow more coherent than 90% of the Transformers ideas people come up with. He's out here just having fun with things and the people who take their overwrought grimdark concepts (that would never work) so seriously are never in on the joke somehow.

I would say he's trolling the movie boards but that isn't really true, because again, he posts with equal earnesty and faith in the idea as others do. He just knows better than to act like he knows better.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek yourself before you check yourself! Veteran

Thanks for one of the nicest and well said comments on here!

A lot of my posts are indeed honest observations and opinions. I really do enjoy the Bay movies and think they're much better TF movies than given credit. Some of them I legitimately love. I also admit none of them are perfect, but nothing Transformers is even close to perfect, including the movies. That doesn't mean I don't love many of the movies, comics, and cartoons for what they are.

Do I seriously think a Transformers movie featuring Jaegertron or Matriarch Supreme and the WJD or Lepre-Cons or Ogrebots and Deshrekticons will ever get made? Of course not, but Transformers is supposed to be fun, so why shouldn't its fans also have fun with the idea, too, rather than be so serious all of the time?

And even my Jaegertron vs. Matriarch Supreme idea is actually more than meets the eye, because even though the former would be the protagonist and the latter the antagonist, in truth they're both extremes, and the best ideal is not Jaegertron in his extremely ignorant manliness nor Matriarch Supreme in her extreme femininity and self righteousness, but the balance between the two. And that's how the conflict is solved: balance, although I can't reveal how.

• Like Like x 1