How many villains to introduce Unicron and Tarn, according to you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Dec 27, 2019.

1. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What if Bumblebee sequel is a huge success and Hasbro is developing the franchise.

Name each villains the Autobots have to face in each movies to finally face Unicron and Tarn?

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I have no idea, we should just play it by year. First let's just one good movie with Megatron as it's big bad for this rebooted universe.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    Any ideas for the next villain besides The Fallen again?

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    How about we DON'T go to Unicron and Tarn? Unicron only works as a true, final, supreme "end boss" given his sheer size and power requiring joint cooperation between Bots and cons to defeat, plus the Matrix usually.

Tarn is simply a bad idea in the movies. He worked well in the comics because he was a quirky evil character...that was the leader of his own quirky evil subgroup of characters. However, he only really even existed for the sole purpose of being a die-hard Megatron loyalist AFTER Megatron became an Autobot, with the inevitable reveal to Tarn that the guy who came up with the stuff Tarn followed gave it all up. And then his real identity was kind of a let down since it ended up being some guy who appeared as a secondary character maybe once or twice and beyond a visual cue, nobody really would have thought it was that guy behind the Decepti-mask.

At his core, Tarn is nothing but just a seriously competent Lugnut, without the constant praise throwing, which along with his transformation addiction could be given to any other Decepticon secondary without problem.

• Like Like x 5
  5. NemesisPrime12

News Credits:
    But that's the point of Tarn, I think. They really shouldn't really follow the comics for his quirkiness and identity. They could make him more intimidating and made his true identity as a more recognizable Decepticons. It all depends on the writers tbh.

And yes, Unicron is for the final big bad

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    Tarn is recognizable only really because he has a straight up Decepticon logo for a face, as opposed to Soundave whose toy face is the origin of that exact symbol.

Otherwise, Tarn himself only works in the greater context of the DJD, as "Tarn" itself is actually a Decepticon held city on Cybertron, like all the main DJD member names. Unless you had a film dedicated to the DJD, whose purpose as the "Loyalty gestapo" makes that difficult to justify given Megatron should always be around, they'd be wasted as simply fodder in a film that could never really utilize them.

That, and what could Tarn do that Lugnut couldn't do better? Literally sing rogue Decepticons to death? We barely even have a proper war going on Earth right now, that kind of gray morality really isnt what the new films should focus on.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron is a safe bet for an upcoming villain. I'd also enjoy seeing another attempt at using Lockdown. And maybe some kind of "non-Transformer alien race". I thought Quintessa was neat, but I was excited by the idea of having an alien race be the villain of a movie.

I might be in the minority for thinking this, but I kind of hope future movies don't just pull popular names from Transformers lore for villains. I remember back when everyone thought Starscream was going to be the main villain of Bumblebee. To me that would have been less interesting than Shatter and Dropkick, I'm really glad we got them. They added some freshness. It was fun to learn all about them. I kind of hope they continue that trend for villains...new characters that they can do whatever they want with. That's more interesting to me than...Overlord or Tarn or The Fallen (or anyone like that) being the main antagonist. I do want to see this universe's take on Megatron though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I would just worry about whatever villain suits the movie directly in front of us.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    Tarn is a horrible character that should never appear again.

• Like Like x 4
  10. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

is it getting made at all?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Makai Lung

Makai Lung Banned

Let me guess; you hate decepticons.

12. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    I hate edgy OCs who are treated as if they're deep and well-written characters despite being some of the most shallow in the entire comic run. I hate when writers pull tragic backstories out of thin air at the last second in order to save face. Most of all, I hate characters who contribute nothing and waste space in a story. That's why I hate Tarn and the DJD. If that's your description of Decepticons as a whole, then I guess I hate them too, sure.

• Like Like x 4
  13. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

poetry loving jame gumb decepticons are cool

14. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Yeah, that's the thing. Any of the previous sequels would have been further along in development by now, if not in pre-production - as it is, they don't even have a script locked down.

I think there's a combination of two factors at work here:
    1) General uncertainty (or disagreement) for the involved parties (Paramount, Hasbro, diBonaventura, etc.) as to the direction to take the franchise in from where it's at now, and;
    2) Paramount's current financial woes.

Honestly, I think there'll be another movie...eventually. It may take a little longer than normal for it to happen, though.

That said, I don't know that I'd mind "new" villains necessarily, if they're at least decently written and portrayed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Galvatross

Galvatross Put down the kool-aid Veteran

You jump to some very strange conclusions.

Anyway, to me it depends on execution. I'm open to any antagonist if they're well executed. I think any existing character could be executed well...just like any existing character could be executed poorly.

Ironically, rather than Tarn and the DJD, I'd rather see a film with Jaegertron as the protagonist and Matriarch Supreme and her Womxn's Justice Division as antagonists, with a whole, "Whoever wins, we lose," caveat. Except rather than have Matriarch Supreme be this masked unknown, I would have her face shown the whole time.

I'm sort of joking, but I like to have fun with Transformers rather than take it too seriously.

• Like Like x 3
  16. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol I rather not say anything rn

17. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Tarn was good for what he needed to be in the comic, but he is a bit overrated by fans imo. He has no business being in a movie. I'd much rather, as suggested, Lugnut be a big bad of a film. Keep his unwavering loyalty, keep his obsessive loyalty, but also make him physically and mentally powerful. A true force to be reckoned with. Throw the combaticons in too. Have the stunticons in one to give us more high speed car fights. Bring in new people. Lets be creative.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Would rather have a menacing six shot gone powerhungry and rogue. And then introduce Megatron having to shut him down

• Like Like x 1
  19. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Can the old guardian of cybertron get the full villain treatment in the upcoming reboot series?

20. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

Oh that would be good. Wouldn't even need an army, just have Sixshot be the lone villain taking on everyone.